- - - - -

Teeth Grinding And Tmj

• Please log in to reply

38 replies to this topic

#31 Guest_BERNESES_*

Guest_BERNESES_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2006 - 06:25 PM

Aww man. Mine was so much better for a long time and only in the last month or so it has been acting up. We'll see how my chiro appts. go. I have the mouth guard for the top, but it's not helping.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 TCA

TCA

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 07:57 PM

I have TMJ too and wear a night guard. I always regret it when I don't wear it. I also have a lot of gluten realted joint problems. Guess it's all connected. I'm glad to learn about all of these alternatives here. Thanks!
If you're looking for info on how to get started on the gluten-free diet, check out this List for Newly Diagnosed.
Self - Pain free since going gluten-free 9/05 (suffered from unexplained joint pain entire life), asthma improving, allergies improving, mysterious rash disappeared (probably DH)
Husband - Type 1 diabetic, Negative bloodwork
Son - Elevated IgA, Very high IgG, 2 negative biopsies - HLA DQ2 and DQ8 positive, Amazing dietary response since 1/06
Daughter - Congenital Heart Defect (2 surgeries), Reflux, choking issues, eczema, egg allergy - HLA DQ2 positive, Good dietary response (via me because of nursing) since 9/05
"All things happen for good for those who love God..." Romans 8:28

#33 Guest_BERNESES_*

Guest_BERNESES_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2006 - 09:04 AM

well- I saw my new chiro today and I felt like she was really good. She looked at my neck, back, jaw and cranial plates (can you believe the plates in your skull move ever so slightly and they can get jammed due to TMJ- crazy????). She showed me where in my mouth to massage to help loosen up the muscle (can you say TENDER?). Did some adjustments and honestly, I do feel a little better. :)

oh and she said gluten free is the way to go for anyone with joint problems/arthritis. Yeah baby!

#34 CarlaB

CarlaB

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,049 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 09:52 AM

Your new chiro sounds like a keeper to me! I found out about the plates on the head when we adopted a boy from Russia. He had a flat head from laying in his crib all the time, and the chiro adjusted his skull. It made a huge difference! He was 20 months at the time, has adjusted great and is currently 9.
gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

#35 prinsessa

prinsessa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 10:15 AM

I didn't know what TMJ was, but now that I looked up the symtoms I think I have it. I had horrible jaw pain before going gluten free. And my jaw always felt really tight. The pain and tightness went away after going gluten-free, but I ate some gluten (on purpose) a couple of weeks ago and the pain and tightness is back. My mom is a Chiro, so I should ask her if she could try to help me. And I should ask my dentist about it. I'm not sure if my insurance would cover a guard. Does anyone know if insurance usually covers it or how much it is if it isn't covered?

#36 Guest_BERNESES_*

Guest_BERNESES_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2006 - 04:03 PM

My insurance didn't cover a mouth piece. It was about $300 but I've had it for over 5 years and it still in good shape.

If you mom is a chiro- you are PSYCHED! I woke up the a.m. after my first adjustment and my bite had changed. I'm grinding so much less!

#37 CarlaB

CarlaB

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,049 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 04:24 PM

My insurance covered TMJ treatment because it was considered a joint problem, not a dental problem. I'd call them first and ask.
gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

#38 Guest_BERNESES_*

Guest_BERNESES_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2006 - 05:10 PM

Good to know! I think at the time I got mine I hadn't been diagnosed with TMJ- just bruxism.

#39 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 04:40 AM

Insurance covered 80% of my mouth guard--it's still in good shape after over 2 years.
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: