This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Why Celiac's Are Special, Heavenly Creatures

fairydust

fairydust Newbie

This is my first post to the site but I hope my fairydust will spread positivity your way.

Celiac's have a special blessing. We are all very sensitive people. Do you ever get the feeling you have special powers?

It's strange, I was named after my great grandma Celia. I don't believe in coincidence.

Did you know the name Celia comes from the Latin Caelis meaning heavenly, or of the heavens?

I think Celiac's are special because we are more in tune with our bodies than most people.

Being in tune with our bodies gives us special powers to connect body-mind-spirit. We can better connect to each other. We can better connect to the universe.

I hope my fairydust was sprinkled upon your souls and gave you the extra energy you need to have a brighter day!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

celiac3270 Collaborator

The word Celiac is derived from the Latin, coeliacus, meaning cavity, hole, etc. in reference to the gut. It also has greek derivation of a similar nature. There is no correlation between caelum, -i (heaven) and Celiac, though. It just wouldn't make any sense.

We may be more attentive to our health because we have to be, but I think other people with health problems (for example, diabetes) are in the same way.

Not buying all the fairy dust, but as you are a first time poster, welcome to our board.... :)

fairydust Newbie

I was simply trying to spread some positivity....I have been sick for the past week...having terrible fits of illness. A little positivity never hurt anyone...

Negativity is not very healing.

Like I said I am sensitive and you actually hurt my feelings ...

I thought this forum was for the common good...to help people heal...am I mistaken?

flagbabyds Collaborator

Yes this forum is for helping and healing, but you must understand that people like to voice their own opinions and that is what celiac3270 was doing.

Sorry if you were offended!

Bobbybird Newbie

Actually, celiac3270 was trying to show off his/her own knowledge at the expense of a new poster. "Celiac" does come from a Greek word that means "hollow" - koilos - but saying "Celia is a pretty common name" was completely unnecessary. Cheer up, you old grump!

Welcome fairydust!

celiac3270 Collaborator

I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feelings, it's just that I'm slightly perplexed by how Celiac makes us in tune with the universe. I'm not being negative, but rather expressing confusion as to how the two are related. Finally, the Latin derivative correction was merely factual.

debmidge Rising Star

Welcome fairy dust Celia. Your post did cheer me up. We are glad to have you aboard and look forward to your contributions, opinions, venting and more cheering up. :):):P

I do see a connection between celiac and caelis - pehaps etymologically they are connected. Here's how perhaps: The heavens, celestial heavens could be referred to as a "hole" of space, and there are worm holes in space. So while on the surface they two words may appear to be dissimilar, they could be closer than we think. ;)

So let's concentrate on the peace of the heavens and maybe with a little bit of that fairy dust we'll all have a great day.

D.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest nini

Welcome to the board Fairydust! Thank you for spreading some positivity! Don't let anything anyone says on this board offend you as I am sure it is never intended that way!

mommida Enthusiast

Welcome Fairy dust! I do like your way of thinking. I would like to bury wheat in a hole and forget about it. I like sparkley things too, like jewelry and cars.

L.

plantime Contributor

celiac3270 is a fact-based person, I just can't see him letting misinformation about the origins of the word celiac go unchallenged. He's >not< being a grumpydrawers. <_< The positivity is good, but a newcomer to celiac might get the wrong idea of what celiac really is if we cover it with fairydust and call it something it isn't.

That being said, welcome to the board!

Rusla Enthusiast

Welcome to the board Celia Fairy dust. Yes, celiac3270 is a fact- based person, so am I but I think we could all use some fairy dust from time to time. Now I believe that anyone who has the health problems we do, diabetics do, anyone who has these problems is in tune with their bodies. They have to be because the medical profession isn't in tune with many things.

I also believe in magic and the magic of the dust of the Fae. Whether someone believes that to be a physical thing or an mental magic that is up to them but everyone can always use happy things. I can definitely see celiac3270s point and your happy thoughts.

I, like you, believe we are chosen by the gods and are special beings. That is because they know others would surely perish with this and we won't because we are the strong.

Just for the record a name meaning is different than a scientific name meaning. You were saying what your name meant as a name and celiac3270 was showing the scientific meaning. Some scientific names, sound and look similar to peoples names but mean different things.Celia,Ceciia, Celeste actually derived from Celestial. Although as a human name it is meant as "from the heavens" or short form "heavenly" it is not the literal scientific name. But the sky is a hole in it's own way and Celia and Celiac are similar names in spelling and although a hole in the stomach is not nearly as magical as a hole in the sky with stars in it, we have both in the world.

Carriefaith Enthusiast

Welcome to the board Celia :) I'm glad that you want to cheer us up!

JenAnderson Rookie

Welcome Celia Faerie Dust!

Jeny

schuyler Apprentice

Welcome to the boards Celia!!!

Danielle

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi Fairydust--I like the way you think, and I'm glad you're here! Welcome :)

jerseyangel Proficient
Did you know the name Celia comes from the Latin Caelis meaning heavenly, or of the heavens?

Actually, I did know that--people who were on the board last January may remenber Caeli--a priest who came to the board with some questions. He told us that 'caeli' meant 'sky' or 'heaven'. It looks to me that Fairydust is telling us what her name means--not what Celiac means.

VydorScope Proficient

Well from what I understand, Celia is the femine form of the Roman name Caelius which meant heaven from Latin caelum.

Unrelated to Celiac of course which means cavity as pointed out. :)

celiac3270 Collaborator
celiac3270 is a fact-based person, I just can't see him letting misinformation about the origins of the word celiac go unchallenged. He's >not< being a grumpydrawers. <_< The positivity is good, but a newcomer to celiac might get the wrong idea of what celiac really is if we cover it with fairydust and call it something it isn't.

That being said, welcome to the board!

Exactly... that's what I meant, but I was unable to express it as well as this :)

fairydust Newbie

Thank you very much for welcoming me to the board! I appreciate everyone's replies.

I was not trying to preach to anyone, justing writing from my heart.

If I get "carried away," please let me fly.

It is with the flutter of wings that I can take you to my healing place.

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Welcome Fairy dust! I do like your way of thinking. I would like to bury wheat in a hole and forget about it. I like sparkley things too, like jewelry and cars.

L.

:lol::lol::lol:

This is how women and birds are alike....birds like sparkly things too, as they will often pick up something shiny to use in the construction of their nests, and also you will note that they poop on cars frequently.... :) (birds, not women)

Welcome, Fairy Dust Celia!

Susan

coco-loco Rookie
Thank you very much for welcoming me to the board! I appreciate everyone's replies.

I was not trying to preach to anyone, justing writing from my heart.

If I get "carried away," please let me fly.

It is with the flutter of wings that I can take you to my healing place.

Hi fairydust/Celia! You sound like a sweetheart :)

I think you have a point. Sometimes, a positive mental attitude is our only defense. You deal with it as best you can. Milton wrote, "The mind is it's own place and of itself can make a Heaven of Hell.."

I think I'm quite an intuitive person. Maybe I'm flattering myself but I'd like to think that being unwell makes me more able to make allowances for other people. If someone's not functioning at the optimum I don't hold it against them, though people haven't always been as considerate of me, such as when I have to cancel dates with friends because I'm sick, or if I say silly things because my mind is clouded.

Yeah, I think we're special, in spite of spurious etymology!

Welcome and take care x

Canadian Karen Community Regular

Hi Fairydust!

Welcome to the board!

Although I am not into the fairy dust kinda stuff (I'm more like our grounded celiac3270..... :rolleyes: ), I just wanted to welcome you aboard.

p.s. You should have been around about a month ago, we had a thread going about 70's flower children, San Francisco, etc. You would have blended right in! ;)B)

Hugs.

Karen

RoseNNJ Apprentice

Welcome! I love Fairies!

tiredofdoctors Enthusiast

Welcome, Celia Faerie Dust! I used to sprinkle extra-fine dust around my kids while they were sleeping (if the tooth faerie messed up), and called it faerie dust! I am passing on to them the remainder of it that I have, so that they can have it for their kids. I used to put it in heart-shaped containers (small -- necklace sized), and give it to my friends.

I think you're right --we are special people. We're stronger, we ARE more in tune with our bodies, we're more tenacious, and we are loving and compassionate. We understand other people's struggles -- because we have our own, and know the impact that they have on us.

I'm glad you've joined the forum.

Just so you know -- I'm a very fact-based person, but I also believe in the power of miracles (and having Celtic roots, I believe in faeries!)

Archived