38 replies to this topic

#31 AndreaB

AndreaB

November 2008

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,978 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 06:19 PM

Some more websites to look for. www.nvic.org, www.thinktwice.org, www.mercola.com (do a search for vaccines). Also Dr. Blaylock, (do a google search for Dr Russell Blaylock vaccines) the neurosurgeon who wrote about excitotoxins says to definately avoid the live vaccines and if you get the others space them out six months apart. Dr. Blaylock has also written about the dangers of the flu vaccine with thimerosal and aluminum. If taken 5 years in a row it increases your chances of developing alzheimers is ten times higherI have also read that the pharma's want to mandate all vaccines. It's a big mess. Vaccines still have aluminum in them. More vaccines are being created to give to kids because of other vaccines they've gotten causing problems. Diabetes, Neurological diseases, Autism and related disorders and I don't remember everything else is in part due to over vaccinating. The human body isn't being allowed to develop any immunites. What is left is a life of boosters. My oldest has had all her vaccines, my next oldest won't get his last batch and my youngest only had up to his two month vac's. I have a friend that is a fam med doctor and she has only got the HIB for her newest son. She may get more after he's 2 yrs. I have also read to wait until they are 2 to give there immune system time to develop as well as everything else that is going on in their little bodies.

Just some more food for thought. :unsure:

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 Fiddle-Faddle

Fiddle-Faddle

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,159 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 06:41 PM

thimerasol is what has the mercery in it...are you allergic to any metals as well...

Yes, I seem to be allergic to anything and everything with metal in it exept for my wedding ring, which is a narrow band of 24K gold. I wear a plastic watch, and I can't wear necklaces or earrings.

I had a horrible reaction to a safety-pin that was in a second-hand shirt that I had bought (it was holding one of the shoulder-pads in)--and I only wore it for a couple of hours.

#33 Fiddle-Faddle

Fiddle-Faddle

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,159 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 06:58 PM

Like knowing you have a right to know the lot # of the vaccine your kid is getting so if your kid has a bad reaction they can pull that lot # from circulaton. here is the website http://www.vran.org/ and if you don't believe that there is a coverup to make people think it is safe "becuase we said so" read katie's story and another web site http://www.energyfir...inate-Kids.html Education is impowerment over ignorance. I hope I didn't come off mean or anything I just think that people with celiac wouldn't beleive everything there doctor says...I mean how many of us have had to go it alone and find the truth for ourselves...look for the truth. I am not against vaccinations but I think that if we all stand up and refuse to vaccinate our kids until the drug company makes them safer then so many kids wouldn't have to die. If only 10 kids die or get autism for every 1000 that are vaccinated is that an acceptable percentage to you if your kid is one of those 10?

Ok, ok I am off my soap box now, lol.

Lots of good information in those websites--thanks for posting them. My oldest had that horrible strange screaming/fever after his 2 month shots (oral polio, DTP, and Hib). I kept calling the pediatrician, and I only got to speak to the nurse, who told me on my third call in three hours that yes, the baby sounded "a little fussy." This was a baby with cardiac issues who didn't have the energy to cry when he was hungry. I had suspected the DPT--never occured to me that it was a polio reaction. Holy Hannah.

My middle child developed a rash over his entire body 24 hours after recieving his 4-month round of shots. The dermatologist called it a "drug reaction." Two months later, it morphed into a horrible blistering eczema, which continued for 8 months. Later, it calmed down except for his arms, especially inner elbows. When I put him on a "gluten-lite" diet, the eczema disappeared.

My youngest received the DTaP and the killed-virus polio--and she had the heavy-sleep reaction for 48 hours, but the pediatrician just wasn't worried.

We had a chicken pox outbreak at my son's elementary school this year. Everyone who had it had been vaccinated, including my oldest son. We actually invited a kid whose sister had it over to play, but my other 2 never came down with it--and they'd never been vaccinated for it. I also hear that having that vaccine increases your chances of developing shingles, which is also potentially deadly, and unbelievably painful.

#34 AndreaB

AndreaB

November 2008

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,978 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 07:05 PM

Hi Fiddle Faddle,

I had my three year old vaccinated against chickenpox. Since all the reading I've done since I wish I hadn't. He hasn't had any reactions. He'll be four in September. My oldest had chickenpox when she was 11 months. There is a lot of info out there about vaccines, more than a lot of doctors would like us to look at. I believe most doctors just aren't aware of the situation, they are told what to do and when. They are trained in schools run by the pharma companies. My friend who is a doctor told me if she had heard this information 10 years back, she wouldn't have listened to it. She has myself and another friend feeding her information and has started thinking about vaccinations more. He newest is 2 months younger than mine. My youngest is 6 months and if we give him any vaccines it will be after he is 2 yrs. Although we will likely stay with his 2 month round of vac's.

Andrea

Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

#35 Fiddle-Faddle

Fiddle-Faddle

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,159 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 09:36 AM

Hi, Andrea,

There's another thread on this board about vaccines ("weapons of mass destruction"). Shayesmom posted lots of truly frightening studies--one says that babies die at a rate 8 times the normal rate within 3 days of the DPT. Why aren't these things in the newspapers?

#36 AndreaB

AndreaB

November 2008

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,978 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 10:04 AM

Fiddle Faddle,

It's called the almighty dollar. It seems to be affecting the minds of more and more people in positions. The pharma companies don't want to lose all the big money. Bush has also signed into law a bill called the New Freedom Act (or somthing like that). It is designed to mandate psychological testing on children to see if the show any signs of depression add/adhd. They have run trials in Illinois and Texas I believe.

I have posted on the other site as well. Thank you for letting me know though. For those interested in vaccine updates go to www.nvic.org and sign up for email news updates. They send a lot of stuff and have a lot of good information on their site. More and more people are becoming aware of the possible dangers of over vaccination.

I have a book called Vaccine Guide which is very good and seems to be balanced. It goes through benefits and adverse reactions etc. so you can make a more informed choice.

Andrea

#37 loraleena

loraleena

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 11:43 AM

I suggest that everyone stop believing everything that we are told by our goverments! There is lots of info out there that contradicts everyone's beliefs about the effectiveness and safety of vaccines. Please tell me how injecting newborn babies with mercury(a known neuro toxin is good for them). I vaccinated my son, but knowing what I know now I would never do this again. This is a topic you all have to do your own research and make up your own mind. But please do not blindly follow!

#38 AndreaB

AndreaB

November 2008

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,978 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 01:25 PM

Loraleena,

I totally agree with you. I just had my two oldest vaccinated for hep a last year and my first born son also had the varicella. My heart is breaking that I hadn't learned this earlier. We have no obvious problems but some things manifest over time. Vaccines are one of many that affect behavior. My newborn had his 2 month vaccinations before I got the book by Dr. Blaylock "Health and Nutrition Secrets...". He goes into vaccinations and I've also got the book I mentioned in the above post. My husband and I have decided to take our chances with this one not getting any more. I have also posted on the other vaccine topic. NVIC is trying to educate people about the dangers of vaccines but not telling anyone what to do. That is each individual parents decision. They fight any legislation that will try and take the parents choice away as well as trying to fight the recent bill that takes away the danger for the pharma's being sued.

My daughter is just getting over Henoch-Schonlein Purpura. They don't know what causes it but it has been linked to measles and varicella. She didn't have the varicella as she had chickenpox. She still has to go in for tests to make sure her kidneys are still functioning properly. I'm getting of topic but I still wonder why she got it. She wonders too, because her brother hasn't gotten it. He's only three so he still could. It mainly affects 2-11 yr olds.

Andrea

#39 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 06:01 PM

There is still a good reason for vaccinations. I'm not saying that we need all the vaccinations we have. I'm not saying that the schedule doctors use is a good one. I'm not saying that there aren't side effects. (And most vaccines do not now contain thimersol, and many never did. reference) I'm CERTAINLY NOT saying to go in blindly following whatever the doctor says to do.

But there is a critical mass of vaccinations that is necessary to keep infectious diseases from being able to rampage throughout a population, just not getting the vaccinations isn't necessarily the way to go, from a epidemiological perspective.
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: