Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Gluten And Dairy Free Whipped Topping?

13 posts in this topic

Hi - I'm looking for a gluten and dairy free "cool whip" type topping. Cool Whip has milk listed in their ingredients. Anyone know of one? Thanks!

Ads by Google:

I think there's something called "Hip Wip"(?) available that's dairy/gluten free that is like that. Other's on the board have tried the product I'm thinking of and have mentioned it and can tell you more.

http://www.nowandzen.net/chocmousse.html

"Hip Whip is the first truly all natural non-dairy, real food answer to whipping cream. Unlike others, it contains no dairy products, including no casein, a milk derivative. Hip Whip is tofu based and made with all natural ingredients. It is sweetened with white grape juice concentrate and gluten-free brown rice syrup. It is airy and light, 100% vegan and ideal for a tofu-ice cream sundae, a vegan pie, or served with berries."

soy whip is amazing too!

I tried Hip Whip and I remember thinking it was scary gross...and I like most all of the weirdo vegan non-dairy, gluten-free versions of things like that (I even love Mac and Chreese :D). Anyway, might be worth trying. You never know.

Argh--I was excited when I saw this title--but I can't do soy, either :angry:

Isn't there a recipe for whipped topping with Vance's??

Found it. Never had it...but heard good things are the icecream recipe using Vance's:

Whipped topping

¾ cup very cold DariFree

½ cup granulated sugar

1 teaspoon gelatin

2 tablespoons water

Place medium sized stainless steel bowl & electric beaters in the freezer for at least an hour.

Combine gelatin with water and microwave for 20 seconds.

Remove softened gelatin and allow to cool to room temperature.

Combine cold DariFree and sugar in mixing bowl, and slowly add gelatin.

Beat on high speed until it forms stiff peaks.

Use immediately.

Can you eat soy? I have a recipe for tofu whipped cream.

Isn't there a recipe for whipped topping with Vance's??

Found it. Never had it...but heard good things are the icecream recipe using Vance's:

Whipped topping

¾ cup very cold DariFree

½ cup granulated sugar

1 teaspoon gelatin

2 tablespoons water

Place medium sized stainless steel bowl & electric beaters in the freezer for at least an hour.

Combine gelatin with water and microwave for 20 seconds.

Remove softened gelatin and allow to cool to room temperature.

Combine cold DariFree and sugar in mixing bowl, and slowly add gelatin.

Beat on high speed until it forms stiff peaks.

Use immediately.

Jen--you're amazing! Thanks so much :D

kasey's mom gave me the site with the recipe. if you try it, definitely let me know how it goes! i need to get a hold of some vance's in the next few weeks...

I think you'll like it--it's creamier than the other alternatives, and is tasty. I'm having some right now in a cup of Stash's Chi Spice Tea-- :P

Has anyone tried the Vance's whipped topping yet?

Has anyone tried the Vance's whipped topping yet?

I haven't, but I plan to try it soon. I made some chocolate ice cream with the Vance's last weekend. It was good! Reminded me of a fudgesicle :D