17 replies to this topic

#16 CarlaB

CarlaB

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,049 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 05:21 PM

The Cheesecake Factory I went to was in Alpharette, GA where some of my friends live. Their corporate office was helpful online and I believe they would be accomodating at any of their restaurants.

I am still living in Indiana with our daughter who is a senior in HS. My hubby and other kids moved to Ohio in Feb. and we get the whole family together on weekends. In Bloomington there is a place called Sahara Mart that has a gluten-free section. I get my cookies, crackers, etc. there and buy the naturally gluten-free stuff at Kroger. I also shop at another health food store that has the best chocolate cookies I've ever had, and they happen to be gluten-free. They won't give me the recipe, even though we're moving from here, but once I figure it out, I'll post it here. I'm pretty good at that kind of thing ;)

Near us in Ohio we have a Wild Oats. There is also a Jungle Jim's about a half hour drive away that is apparently having a gluten-free event this Saturday. I'm going to go check them out since I'll be over there for the weekend.

Where is the Raisin Rack? I live near Cincinnati, err, I'll live near Cincinnati the end of May. :blink:

Carla
gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 mamaw

mamaw

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 11:17 AM

Hi Carla

There is a raisin rack in Westerville and one in Canton. I've been to the wild oats & also Jungle Jim's. Trader Joe's also may have some things. There is a cindy's health food store around Warren but that's a distance from you.
Raisin rack seems to have the biggest variety that I've found in Ohio so far. I just wish everything I like would be in one place. instead of getting a couple of things here & there. One stop shopping is what we all need.
There is a bakery called Kathy's Creations that is pretty good. She is in Alliance Ohio and she has items in some resturants & mainstream stores . Plus there is a Whole foods around Columbus area. It t akes me about 2 1/2 hours to get to Canton area but it is worht it as there is not much in my area....

Good luck on your move
keep in touch
you can pm me if you like.

mamaw

Wexford Beer has rampo gluten-free beer. Phone number is 724-935-3500
Located in Wexford, Pa

Happy chugging!!

mamaw

#18 CarlaB

CarlaB

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,049 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 05:52 PM

Thank you for all the information! My husband travels over six states, so I'll be sure to have him check out some of these places for me! One of his customers is in Canton, so that one should be easy.
gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: