This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

List Of Power Bars/gels That Are gluten-free

Sandyo

tarnalberry Community Regular
FROM CLIFBAR:

...These three flavors of Luna are Cherry Covered Chocolate, Chocolate Peppermint Stick, and Sweet Dreams.

While I don't condone the eating of oats, especially commercial oats, Chocolate Peppermint Stick certainly was my favorite flavor of Luna bars in my pre-gluten-free days. :-) If only we could get them to make gluten-free ones!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jayhawkmom Enthusiast

I love the Lara Bars, especially the Pecan Pie one. Yum! And, Clif Nectar - Dark Chocolate with Walnuts tastes just like a mushy brownie! =)

I tried the Bumble Bars and didn't care for them at all. I wish I did like them!

• 2 weeks later...
br616 Newbie
I'm having a hard time with my protein bars, energy bars, protein powders, gels, etc...

Does anyone have a list of what is gluten-free. Like Cliff Bars have oats....does anyone eat them and do ok? Should they be avoided???

Anyone use Hammer products????

Help, I need energy!!!!

Have you tried Andi Bar? The chocolate shake flavor seems popular.

skinnyminny Enthusiast

I have recently discovered the Lara bars too and love them apple cinnamion is the obly Lara Bar I tried I tried the Maya Mint Chocolate and didn't like it I am glad to see the cashew cookie is good I bought a few of those! has anyone tried the cinnamon roll one?

neil Newbie

Frankly Natural (Open Original Shared Link although this seems to have been down for the last week) do a great gluten free range of bars.

I wrote to Cytosport and they wrote back saying that Cytomax energy drinks are also gluten-free.

• 2 weeks later...
Jinscoe Newbie

I use these - Open Original Shared Link - and they taste fairly good and have a really good ratio of carbs to protein and give a good amount of energy. I only use these prior to races or afterward... never during, but that's my own call. I just can't handle solid foods when pushing it hard. You can usually find them in Whole Foods markets in all kinds of flavors. I've been in contact with Hammer Nutrition several times and they have assured me that their Hammer Gel and Sustained Energy is Gluten Free. I've been using the gel mixed with some of the Sustained Energy and have had great success with that combo. The problem was figuring out the right ratio of mix. Once I figured out what worked for me I've never looked back.

Clif Bar is a sponsor of mine and they just informed me that they're coming out with a couple new flavors for the Nectar Bar line.

KerriAnne Rookie
Clif Bar is a sponsor of mine and they just informed me that they're coming out with a couple new flavors for the Nectar Bar line.

Jinscoe~

Clif Bar sponsors you.... wow! What do you do? You must be pretty great! :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

prinsessa Contributor

I really like the Apple Pie Lara bars. I tried the other flavors, but this one is the best. I always try to keep one in my bag just in case I get hungry. A good thing is that my kids also like the apple Lara bar. We usually end up splitting one between the three of us.

megzmc3611 Rookie

I really like these bars called Elev8me! They are similar to the Lara bars (in that they are made from fruit and nuts). However, they also have whey protein and therefore have 18 grams of protein. The website is www.prosnack.com if you want to check them out!

(They are made in Canada though and therefore need to be ordered online).

Jinscoe Newbie
Jinscoe~

Clif Bar sponsors you.... wow! What do you do? You must be pretty great! :D

No... just a work horse for a cycling team. My team mates get all the glory, I just bury myself for them. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
velo-mike Rookie

I use GU gels which are gluten-free. For bars, I really enjoy Larabars and Vega bars. The Vega meal replacement powder is amazing. I have been using one serving every day as a supplement and find that it really helps with my post-workout recovery. All Vega products are gluten-free.

You can check out the Vega products here: www.myvega.com

Mike

• 5 weeks later...
pixelfreak Newbie

I found this great deal for Open Original Shared Link

$32.98 shipped from Amazon using coupon from Open Original Shared Link (that's only $0.69/bar)

- W

CarlaB Enthusiast
I found this great deal for Open Original Shared Link

$32.98 shipped from Amazon using coupon from Open Original Shared Link (that's only $0.69/bar)

- W

Can you get the Nectar bars that way? The ones on the site you linked contain gluten.

• 2 months later...
adam2008 Rookie

Wrote: I have celiac disease, a condition where I cannot consume any

amount of gluten that is found in wheat, rye, barley, and oats. I would

like to know if there is any gluten in the GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey

Protein Powdered drink mix, in both chocolate caramel and banana cream

flavors. Any information helps.

Dear Adam,

Thank you for taking the time to contact GNC, we appreciate your interest in our company. As the largest manufacturer and retailer of nutritional supplements, we understand that customers depend on us for quality products and quality information.

All GNC ProPerformance Whey Products do not contain gluten. GNC has information on GNC manufactured products. Please review and follow the product label’s warning (if any) and directions for use. If you have questions about how the product may impact your medical condition or any medication you are taking, please consult with your healthcare professional before using the product.

Hope this helps!

If you have any more questions or comments, please do not hesitate to email us back or call our Customer Service Department toll-free at 1-888-462-2548.

GNC Customer Service

Live Well

.......I use GNC Pro Performance powder...its the best tasting protein powder i've tried, even before i was diagnosed.

• 3 weeks later...
Lyds19089 Newbie

That was so nice of them to write that! I too use GNC Whey protein powder and mix it in my Diet Carnation Hot Cocoa, delicious!!! :) Thank you for writing to them!

• 2 weeks later...
Badreligion0204 Newbie
Wrote: I have celiac disease, a condition where I cannot consume any

amount of gluten that is found in wheat, rye, barley, and oats. I would

like to know if there is any gluten in the GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey

Protein Powdered drink mix, in both chocolate caramel and banana cream

flavors. Any information helps.

Dear Adam,

Thank you for taking the time to contact GNC, we appreciate your interest in our company. As the largest manufacturer and retailer of nutritional supplements, we understand that customers depend on us for quality products and quality information.

All GNC ProPerformance Whey Products do not contain gluten. GNC has information on GNC manufactured products. Please review and follow the product label’s warning (if any) and directions for use. If you have questions about how the product may impact your medical condition or any medication you are taking, please consult with your healthcare professional before using the product.

Hope this helps!

If you have any more questions or comments, please do not hesitate to email us back or call our Customer Service Department toll-free at 1-888-462-2548.

GNC Customer Service

Live Well

.......I use GNC Pro Performance powder...its the best tasting protein powder i've tried, even before i was diagnosed.

Dear Fellow Glutenite,

Im not sure when GNC sent you that email. I was once told that the Pro performance Whey protein was gluten free. It used to actually say it on the bottle. However they have recently changed the bottles look and it no longer says it on the bottle nor on the website so i decided to persistantly email them to find out because i have found a lot of things of late that i have been eating that i shouldnt have. this is what i received back.

Dear Mark,

Thank you for taking the time to contact GNC. We appreciate your

interest in our company. As the largest manufacturer and retailer of

nutritional supplements, we understand that customers depend on us for

quality products and quality information.

We apologize for any inconvenience or confusion. This product does

contain gluten. Please note for your future information, if the product

does not state that it is gluten free, then it does contain gluten.

We appreciate your understanding regarding this issue and we apologize

for any inconvenience or confusion this may cause.

If you have any more questions or comments, please do not hesitate to

reply to this email or call our Customer Service Department toll-free at

1-877-462-4700.

GNC Customer Service

Live Well

very sad news because it was a very tasty protein mix. Anyone have any other tasty protein mixes?

Best of luck,

Mark

siegle.mark@gmail.com If anyone would like to email me with questions or would like to share ideas, please do so.

ChristineBBB Newbie

Thanks everyone for sharing your favorite sports bars/products.

My favorite sports bar is the PureFit Peanut Butter Crunch. I buy 4 boxes at a time from Amazon and use them for workout recovery and also when I travel since airport food is a challenge.

Open Original Shared Link .com/PureFit-Peanut-Butte...=UTF8&s=hpc

If you want to try them before you buy a whole box, they offer a sampler package at the purefit site for $5.

Open Original Shared Link

Everyone's taste is different, but I love these bars. They taste best if I drink water while eating them...makes the peanut butter kinda melt.

Enjoy!

Christine

emi-220 Rookie

oh no!!! luna bars aren't gluten free? I just had one today after I read the label and I didn't see any questionable ingredients. does anyone know if the "luna sunrise (blueberry yogurt)" is gluten-free even though the others aren't? help! :unsure:

tarnalberry Community Regular

emi - no, that luna bar was not gluten free - if you check the ingredients, you'll see that it has barley. (it also has oats.)

Thought I'd update my contribution to the list of gluten-free (and, in this case, also CF, which makes it a good sight tougher, let me add!) power bars. (aka, all the food I get when I go out skiing for the day <_< )

• 3 weeks later...
zkat Apprentice

I just recieved an e-mail from Pacific Health Labs, and they state that all their products are safe including Accell Gels (like Gu), Accellerade (to use prior to and during work-out) and Endurox (recovery drink). They use a unique 4:1 carb to protien ratio that is very difficult to find.

• 1 month later...
stennis07 Newbie

Hi! Jelly Belly has just come out with "Sport Beans" recently. I checked with the company and they are gluten free (here is the response)

Your Question :

Are your Sport Beans gluten free? Thanks-

----------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for visiting our site. We hope the following information answers your question.

Thank you for writing. You will be happy to know that our Sport Beans are gluten free. Thanks again for writing and have a sweet day.

----------------------------------------------------------

I actually haven't tried these yet myself, but hear they are good and portable, though a bit on the sweet side. Here is the site that has more info on them if you are interested: Open Original Shared Link

Sounds kind of crazy to me, but then again it's nice to have something that isn't always a bar.

I agree! The Sports Beans taste great! --I also LOVE jelly beans though.

2kids4me Contributor

Although not a "power bar". Glucerna is good. - about 25 carbs - protein, energy and fiber - recomended by diabetes clinic at Childrens for Matt (diabetic/celiac). Tasty too!

sandy

CMCM Rising Star

Lame Advertisement has just started producing some bars which I found quite good. They sent me 2 samples in the mail, and I liked both the chocolate and the coconut almont (although I liked the coconut one best). I wish they were higher in protein...12g, total carbs 23. But they have some good features:

No gluten

No soy

No casein

Omega 3's

They were recently selling 2 boxes (12 bars) for the price of one. These are my new favorites since I can no longer eat my beloved Balance Bars.

• 5 months later...
LynnSuzette Newbie

What about the NEW Power Bar Nut Naturals???? They have whole oats in them.... any word??

• 2 weeks later...
zkat Apprentice

I would avoid the oats, since you don't know that they are gluten free. The hard part about oats, especially rolled oats is that a lot of times they are stored in the same silos as wheat and grown in the same fields, thus CC. Oats can be a cover crop in wheat and barley fields.

I will eat steel cut oats if there are certified Gluten free, but I especially avoid oats in any commercially prepared product.

Kat.

Archived