4 replies to this topic

#1 minnie

minnie

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 03:57 PM

Now in my late 40's and not having worked the amount of credits needed for SSD and suffering for over 30 years with Hypothyroid, Sjogrens Syndrome, Low Adrenal Function, Degenative Back Arthritis, Ovarian Cyst, Fibrostic Cyst Disease, TMJ, Fibromyalgia, Phlebitis, Nerve Damage and Celiac disease, which I thought for years was Irrital Bowel Syndrome, Colitis, Food Allergies, Lactose intollerance and Arthritis many doctors and test later. Can anyone out there know if I would qualify for SSI benefits with any of the above health problems? and how do you give a date your illness like Celiac disease first bothered you? and when you became unable to work because of the conditions?

Minnie

:unsure:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Guest_jhmom_*

Guest_jhmom_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2004 - 07:39 PM

Hi Minnie:

I am not sure if you can collect disability for Celiac Disease but the possibly for some of the other things you listed such as Sjogrens, Fibromyalgia & Degenative Back Arthritis. Here is a website I found on another site, it may answer some of your questions.

The Disability Expert

#3 Guest_gillian502_*

Guest_gillian502_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2004 - 08:33 AM

I have applied for SS and am currently awaiting a reply. I have 3 conditions: Celiac, Colitis, and POTS (an abnormality with my heart rythm.) I feel the best chance of getting SS is because of the Colitis. It can be disabling and can life threatening. Of course, so can Celiac, but that is most often under control for people. I haven't worked in about a year and 9 months, mostly due to the fact that these 3 diseases make it difficult for me to stand and walk for long periods of time, and have caused terrible low back pain. I also have dizziness and other symptoms. However, a list of symptoms as long as your arm won't mean a thing, if you don't have an official doctor diagnosis. If you have been officially doctor diagnosed with the things you listed above, I'd say your chances are fairly good. Good luck!

#4 minnie

minnie

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 09:58 PM

Stacie,
thank you, for the disability web site you recomended.

Minnie

#5 cybergran10

cybergran10

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 12:33 PM

You may not be able to collect from the celiac disease, but maybe from your other ailments. All you can do is try. Good Luck, Judy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: