248 replies to this topic

#31 JenAnderson

JenAnderson

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 07:03 AM

Hey.....I thought that the Celiac episode was going to be on 5/09......Does the episode that came on last night (5/02) have anything to do with the one next week? Am I missing something? :blink:
Jennifer Anderson

Celiac Disease-since 2003
Asperger's Disorder/OCD
Daughter-11- Asperger's Disorder
Son-7-Celiac Disease
Husband-Normal
Now allergic to eggs, dairy, peanuts, corn, rice, tomatoes, potatoes, and soy (11/2009)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 07:11 AM

Vincent and Jeny--Last night was part 1 of a 2 part episode that concludes tonight at 8 PM eastern. Next week, 5/9 is the episode dealing with Celiac.
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#33 JenAnderson

JenAnderson

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 07:16 AM

Ahhh ok thanks.. ;)
Jennifer Anderson

Celiac Disease-since 2003
Asperger's Disorder/OCD
Daughter-11- Asperger's Disorder
Son-7-Celiac Disease
Husband-Normal
Now allergic to eggs, dairy, peanuts, corn, rice, tomatoes, potatoes, and soy (11/2009)

#34 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 07:25 AM

oh good!!! I still ahve time to miss it then ! Phew! :D :lol:

- Vincent -

#35 Canadian Karen

Canadian Karen

That Crazy Canuck!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,554 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 07:28 AM

Vincent, you are a hoot!

I missed last night's episode (kinda busy around here :unsure: ) Can someone give me a rundown of what Part 1 was about so I won't be so clued out tonight?

Thanks!
Karen
Karen

positive bloodwork, positive biopsy
Celiac, collagenous colitis, hypothyroidism
endometriosis (at age 20)
spinal stenosis (early 20's)

Biopsy August 2006 confirmed complete villous atrophy despite being gluten-free for years and bloodwork within range showing compliance with diet. Doctor has confirmed diagnosis of Refractory Celiac Sprue.
Endoscopy also showed numerous stomach ulcers, have started taking Losec.

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs
Rhiannon 8 yrs
Daniel & Connor 6 yr twin boys......

"Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us."
Orison Swett Marden

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.
-- Victor Borge

"An optimist laughs to forget. A pessimist forgets to laugh."
Tom Nansbury

"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac."
Unknown

#36 plantime

plantime

My two handsome grandsons

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 07:36 AM

TV Guide for 5/9 describes the House episode as : Foreman returns to work, but his mental acuity isn't what is was; a mother almost drowns her baby in the bathtub. NEW

If it is Foreman that has it, and this week's two-parter refers to him getting sick, then all three episodes are actually tied in together. I hope it's not the mother that almost drowns her baby! Foreman having it would actually be good, then maybe they could continue the storyline through successive episodes, and maybe would understand more about us! Especially if they showed Foreman having to be extremely careful of cross-contamination!
Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

#37 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 07:36 AM

Karen--A policeman was shot, and came to the ER with strange additional symptoms that the team tried to figure out. Dr Foreman went to the guy's appt. (that was a pigsty) and collected samples to check for toxins, etc. Dr Foreman begins to show signs of the same illness and is put into a quarantined room with the policeman, who is dying a painful death. The policeman dies, and Dr Foreman is scared to death he is next.

Hope everything is settling down a bit at your house! :)
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#38 Mango04

Mango04

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 07:51 AM

I'm starting to really dislike this Dr Foreman guy...
"Let food be thy medicine, and let thy medicine be food." - Hippocrates

#39 tiffjake

tiffjake

Life is good....

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 11:06 AM

Vincent, you are a hoot!

I missed last night's episode (kinda busy around here :unsure: ) Can someone give me a rundown of what Part 1 was about so I won't be so clued out tonight?

Thanks!
Karen

Sure! It was weird! A cop was acting high while arresting a thug, and the thug shot him, but the bullet hit his badge ( I think ) and deflected to his temple (so the shot didn't kill him) and he was laying on the ground laughing histaricly (sp?). House didnt see why he would be laughing like that, so he sent the three muskateer's to work. Forman checked out the cops apartment (which included a secret pot house!). They ran "tests" and found nothing wrong with the guy, and not really anything in the apartment or his work. So when the guy got worse, house wanted to do an MRI.

But the cop had a bullet in his brain. So house went to the mourge (sp? again, trying to type this up fast) and shot a corpse in the head and tried to do an MRI on the corpse (to see if the magnet would pull out the bullet) and it did! It was gross. So no MRI for the cop, or the bullet pulling out of his head would kill him. And Forman was laughing at it, and that tipped everyone off that it was not normal for him to be laughing. So they secluded him in a clean room with the cop. And when Cameron went in to draw blood from Forman (she was in a clean suit, you know, all plastic with a hood and O2 supply) he was trying to get her to go back to the apartment, because Forman figures that it has to be something at the apartment b/c he got sick, and he was the one that went to the apartment.

She tells him that House won't let them go back (because look! Forman is sick!) and Forman takes the dirty needle that she just used to draw his blood, and stick her in the leg, breaking the barrier, and exposing her to the mysterious disease. So she goes back to the apartment "to find out what it is, not for Forman, but for me, because now I will get sick" but house shows up outside the apartment b/c he knows all! LOL

So House and Cameron think it has something to do with bird poop and the pot stash, but Chase proves that theory wrong, and the cop crashes and Forman is trying to use the paddles to save him, and then you get the "to be continued"!!!!!!!!!!!

Whew......
(edited, I had "chase" where "cameron" should be LOL
EnteroLab test positive for gluten intolerence and 2 gluten intolerence and celiac genes
DQ2 and DQ3 sub type DQ7 in December 2005
Gluten-free since Enterolab test, December 2, 2005.

Lame Advertisement Test positive for gluten intolerence in Sept 2005.
THEN found out that my fathers mother had nontropical sprue, she passed away at 40 from (stomach) cancer, had holes in her intestines when they caught it. I had no idea....

#40 elonwy

elonwy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 11:37 AM

Chase is actually the aussie guy, the girl is Cameron. My friend is actually poker buddies with both of those actors, and I got to meet Hugh Laurie a couple weeks ago, which was awesome. ( and slightly heart pounding)
:)
Elonwy
Positive Bloodwork 7/8/05
Inconclusive Biopsy 7/20/05
gluten-free since 7/23/05
Never felt better.

"So here's us, on the raggedy edge, come a day when there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all. - Malcolm Reynolds"

#41 tiffjake

tiffjake

Life is good....

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 11:40 AM

Chase is actually the aussie guy, the girl is Cameron. My friend is actually poker buddies with both of those actors, and I got to meet Hugh Laurie a couple weeks ago, which was awesome. ( and slightly heart pounding)
:)
Elonwy

Oops! Sorry about that! LOL I was trying to type and remember fast! LOL
And that is neato!!! Where do you live? Just wondering where that show is shot. I thought it was in Canada.
EnteroLab test positive for gluten intolerence and 2 gluten intolerence and celiac genes
DQ2 and DQ3 sub type DQ7 in December 2005
Gluten-free since Enterolab test, December 2, 2005.

Lame Advertisement Test positive for gluten intolerence in Sept 2005.
THEN found out that my fathers mother had nontropical sprue, she passed away at 40 from (stomach) cancer, had holes in her intestines when they caught it. I had no idea....

#42 elonwy

elonwy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 11:44 AM

Nope, its here in LA. The exterior overheads are somewhere else, not sure where, but all the stuff with the actors is done on a sound stage here. Hugh and Jesse ( Chase) relocated to here for the time being, and Cameron has been living here. I work at USC and Brain Singer is an SC grad, so they all came down to talk about the show. It was fun, you can tell they all really like eachother and have fun on set.
Jesse is REALLY cute in person, even cuter than on TV.
Elonwy
Positive Bloodwork 7/8/05
Inconclusive Biopsy 7/20/05
gluten-free since 7/23/05
Never felt better.

"So here's us, on the raggedy edge, come a day when there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all. - Malcolm Reynolds"

#43 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 12:45 PM

Forman takes the dirty needle that she just used to draw his blood, and stick her in the leg, breaking the barrier,

And he gets to go back to work as a doctor????? Ugh! (yes I know its just TV...)

- Vincent -

#44 Mango04

Mango04

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 12:51 PM

And he gets to go back to work as a doctor????? Ugh! (yes I know its just TV...)

I know!!! grr! :rolleyes:
"Let food be thy medicine, and let thy medicine be food." - Hippocrates

#45 CarlaB

CarlaB

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,049 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 02:29 PM

Does anyone know if you can watch this online?
gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: