This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Breadless Coating

Guest nini

Guest nini

Open Original Shared Link

I just saw this ad on TV, there is a chicken breaking up with bread and bread says something to the effect of "is it the gluten" "is there someone else?"! LOL!

it looks like a fried chicken tender type product check it out!

I think if you go to breadlesscoating.com the main page you can see the video of the commercial

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

bluejeangirl Contributor

Hey that looks good. I wish I had that store in my area. Its nice to have those things when your in a time crunch.

gail

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

If you crush potato chips (gluten-free, of course), corn chips, or tortilla chips, those work very well as a shake-n-bake-type coating. You can crunch a bunch in your food processor, and then keep in the freezer, or, if you're short on time and want to make a one-use batch, put some in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin (kids love to do that part). Roll your chicken or fish in cornstarch, then beaten egg, then the chip crumbs. I used tortilla chips last time, and my husband swore that I had used Panko (Japanese dry white bread crumbs)!

Crushed chips are probably cheaper thatn a pre-made coating mix, anyway. :)

Guest nini

I didn't think this was a mix? I thought this product was a pre breaded chicken tender... I'll check them out next time I'm at Publix...

GreySaber Apprentice
I didn't think this was a mix? I thought this product was a pre breaded chicken tender... I'll check them out next time I'm at Publix...

First, it is NOT a mix.

It is a prebreaded product. I wrote them a number of letters about why their ads needed a bit of work, because I was having issues with product recognition. I actually started tuning into that channel just in hopes of catching their ads to I could get their website. (I think it was the hallmark channel, little house on the parie in the early morning hours?) I mostly recommended they keep the web address on the screen longer, and put a couple of photos of the sack on their web page. IF you are looking for a new product, it really helps to have an idea of the packaging.

I looked all over for a mix, then I finally manage to catch the ad enough times to get their webaddress, which isn't [wasn't?] on screen long enough to catch the first time FEW times, partly because when they show it they have a lot of other little tags on the screen. They are [were?] trying to present way too much information with all those tags, and I couldn't sort the information fast enough. (They do have an advertisement here on this forum. Look for "Breadless coating" on the side of the screen. )

Then I managed to get the web address and looked, (this was before I was here) and I started to think it was frozen. So I looked all over in the freezer section, couldn't find it, got help, found it.

It's also in a sack, NOT a box. It's kind of an aqua green bag.

Finally, I will say they are delicious fried, but I didn't think too much of putting them on a cookie sheet in the oven. They leak oil onto the cookie sheet, not too much but enough to get them a tad soggy. Fried they are excellent.

VydorScope Proficient

We have had them a few times, not tried frying them yet though...

GreySaber Apprentice
We have had them a few times, not tried frying them yet though...

Submerge them in boiling canola oil for a few minutes, then dip them in Anne's Ranch.

Trust me.

B)B)B)B)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

VydorScope Proficient
Submerge them in boiling canola oil for a few minutes, then dip them in Anne's Ranch.

Trust me.

B)B)B)B)

Actaully already planed on it... jsut never got arround to it :D have some in the freezer.....

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

Whoops, sorry, I misunderstood the ad! :rolleyes:

GreySaber Apprentice
Whoops, sorry, I misunderstood the ad! :rolleyes:

So did I. Thus the letters to them.

penguin Community Regular

Wow, that commerical was wierd! Very Film101 final project, though. Wish I had a publix!

ms-sillyak-screwed Enthusiast

I went to their web site. No information on ingredients. So I wrote to them. What is in this stuff?

ChelsE -- You aren't missing much PUBLIX has big issues with CC in their meat and fish counters....

Stuffin Gourmet Newbie

You can find the same product offered for sale on QVC.com

They will ship it anywheres in the United States!

VydorScope Proficient
You can find the same product offered for sale on QVC.com

They will ship it anywheres in the United States!

for $35.25??????? It come plated in gold? heh. I stick to publixs, but thanks for the thought...

BTW taht looks like a dif brand?

Guest nini

yeah that looks like a different product! gold plated it must be!

Stuffin Gourmet Newbie

That's O.K.

It is a lot of money, but for someone who can't get it any other way, it's an option.

It is in fact the same Breadless Breading product that you have seen advertised on TV.

If you go to Open Original Shared Link there is a link that will take you to QVC.

It might not be gold plated, but as it's deep fried in soy bean oil, it will surely be golden brown!

VydorScope Proficient
That's O.K.

It is a lot of money, but for someone who can't get it any other way, it's an option.

It is in fact the same Breadless Breading product that you have seen advertised on TV.

If you go to Open Original Shared Link there is a link that will take you to QVC.

It might not be gold plated, but as it's deep fried in soy bean oil, it will surely be golden brown!

It is the same size bag? Thats aroun 8 to 10 times the price I pay for it... WAY out of line.

Stuffin Gourmet Newbie

The description says it's 13 servings (54 ounces).

That's something like $2.72 per 4 ounce serving.

It's not for everyone thats for sure.

VydorScope Proficient
The description says it's 13 servings (54 ounces).

Okay, so its 3 tiems teh size of the bag I get at Publix.. for 8-10 times the cost. heh.

Alot of food I get on the net (Such as the case of Vance Foods' DariFree I just ordered) is cheaper/same price as I get it locally, only shipping pushes it up which was extra at that QVC link. For example Kininick food are all cheaper at kinnnicik.com vs Wild Oats, so I cant agree with the rest of your post.

I cant iminage anyone paying that, but I spose there are ppl out there with money to waste....

mamaw Community Regular

I'm in the same boat QVC is way out of my price range for a piece of chicken!!!!!!I have a friend checking out publix in Florida. I think she can put themin some ice packs and mail them to me cheaper!!!!!Or at least I hope. I don't mind store prices as everything is pricey but that's just insane.

I wonder what they will be on QVC when the bird flu comes!!!!!!

mamaw

VydorScope Proficient
I'm in the same boat QVC is way out of my price range for a piece of chicken!!!!!!I have a friend checking out publix in Florida. I think she can put themin some ice packs and mail them to me cheaper!!!!!Or at least I hope. I don't mind store prices as everything is pricey but that's just insane.

I wonder what they will be on QVC when the bird flu comes!!!!!!

mamaw

I just feel bad ofr the ppl that cant get ti localy, I doubt anyone would be silly enough to pay that insane price, but I could be wrong...

ms-sillyak-screwed Enthusiast

I just saw this ad on TV, there is a chicken breaking up with bread and bread says something to the effect of "is it the gluten" "is there someone else?"! LOL!

it looks like a fried chicken tender type product check it out!

I think if you go to breadlesscoating.com the main page you can see the video of the commercial

I WROTE TO THEM.

Dear Sirs:

Please tell me what the ingredients are in your foods. I have many

food allergies...

Thank you.

THIS IS WHAT THEY SENT BACK

Re: Breadless Coating

Our ingredients are as follows: Chicken Breast (containing up to 18%

Solution of water, salt & sodium phosphate). Almond meal, soy flour, soy protein concentrate, flax seed meal, salt & spices.

Hope this helps.

Customer Relations

Breadless Breading

info@breadlessbreading.com

I can't eat nuts or soy. Too bad the chicken looked good.

Stuffin Gourmet Newbie

Is there any another breaded chicken out there that's worth looking at?

If anyone has tried something else, I would be most interested in their experience.

Thanks!

VydorScope Proficient
Is there any another breaded chicken out there that's worth looking at?

If anyone has tried something else, I would be most interested in their experience.

Thanks!

My son likes Whellshire farms chicken nuggets. :) But other then that, we make our own sometimes, in general breaded chicken is just not on the menu.

Guest nini

my daughter likes Ian's allergen free chicken nuggets, me, I prefer to make mine with a coating of instant mashed potato flakes and seasonings.

Archived