Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Haagen Dazs

8 posts in this topic

Do any of you know if the creme brulee and the dulce de leche flavors of Haagen Dazs are gluten free?

Not 100 percent sure, but fairly certain that Haagan Daz is like most other brands. The obvious stuff has gluten and the rest is gluten-free.

richard

Do any of you know if the creme brulee and the dulce de leche flavors of Haagen Dazs are gluten free?

I received an allergen information list from Haagen Dazs, those 2 flavors were gluten-free. But, that was last year and there is some controversy over on the avoiding corn forum for corn allergies about Haagen Dazs changing their basic recipe within the year and also not being truthful about their ingredient listings.

So, while I can't say with certainty yes or no, I would just maybe say proceed with caution or investigate it further.

Thank you for the information. I got sick Sat. evening and could narrow it down to one of two things. Since both of those flavors listed "natural ingredients" I thought there was a chance it could have been the ice cream.

Here's the response from Haagen Dazs; when they send me the list, I'll be sure to post it.

Thank you for your email requesting nutritional information on Häagen-Dazs®. In an increasingly health-conscious society, we are always happy to answer your questions about our products.

As a general rule, the gluten in any of our ice cream, frozen yogurt or novelty products is present only in added bakery products such as cookies or shortcake. In most cases the ice cream itself contains no gluten. The modified food starch that you may find listed in the ingredients is derived from a vegetable source and is, therefore, gluten-free.

We will be sending a current flavor list with our follow up response. Any flavor that contains gluten is so designated with the letter "G" on that list. We hope that this information will be helpful to you. Please feel free to call our toll-free number should you need any further information. Our representatives will be happy to help you.

We value our consumers and hope you will continue to enjoy our products. Please watch your mail for coupons to be used toward future purchases and a current flavor list.

i've heard controversy over the crem brule, i just stick with the plain vanilla w/ lactaid!

i've heard controversy over the crem brule, i just stick with the plain vanilla w/ lactaid!

I tried some of the chocolate Peanut butter last night and my heart was racing all night! I feel aweful this morning too...wont eat that again!

it could also just be the chocolate q/ caffeine late in the day.