7 replies to this topic

#1 CarlaB

CarlaB

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,049 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 06:40 PM

Do any of you know if the creme brulee and the dulce de leche flavors of Haagen Dazs are gluten free?
gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 lovegrov

lovegrov

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 07:25 PM

Not 100 percent sure, but fairly certain that Haagan Daz is like most other brands. The obvious stuff has gluten and the rest is gluten-free.

richard

#3 Green12

Green12

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,299 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 07:34 PM

Do any of you know if the creme brulee and the dulce de leche flavors of Haagen Dazs are gluten free?

I received an allergen information list from Haagen Dazs, those 2 flavors were gluten-free. But, that was last year and there is some controversy over on the avoiding corn forum for corn allergies about Haagen Dazs changing their basic recipe within the year and also not being truthful about their ingredient listings.

So, while I can't say with certainty yes or no, I would just maybe say proceed with caution or investigate it further.

#4 CarlaB

CarlaB

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,049 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 04:27 AM

Thank you for the information. I got sick Sat. evening and could narrow it down to one of two things. Since both of those flavors listed "natural ingredients" I thought there was a chance it could have been the ice cream.
gluten-free 12/05

#5 CarlaB

CarlaB

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,049 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 05:02 PM

Here's the response from Haagen Dazs; when they send me the list, I'll be sure to post it.

Thank you for your email requesting nutritional information on Häagen-Dazs®. In an increasingly health-conscious society, we are always happy to answer your questions about our products.

As a general rule, the gluten in any of our ice cream, frozen yogurt or novelty products is present only in added bakery products such as cookies or shortcake. In most cases the ice cream itself contains no gluten. The modified food starch that you may find listed in the ingredients is derived from a vegetable source and is, therefore, gluten-free.

We will be sending a current flavor list with our follow up response. Any flavor that contains gluten is so designated with the letter "G" on that list. We hope that this information will be helpful to you. Please feel free to call our toll-free number should you need any further information. Our representatives will be happy to help you.

We value our consumers and hope you will continue to enjoy our products. Please watch your mail for coupons to be used toward future purchases and a current flavor list.
gluten-free 12/05

#6 flagbabyds

flagbabyds

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 07:45 PM

i've heard controversy over the crem brule, i just stick with the plain vanilla w/ lactaid!
Molly

#7 Becky72

Becky72

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 07:59 AM

i've heard controversy over the crem brule, i just stick with the plain vanilla w/ lactaid!

I tried some of the chocolate Peanut butter last night and my heart was racing all night! I feel aweful this morning too...wont eat that again!

#8 flagbabyds

flagbabyds

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 08:22 AM

it could also just be the chocolate q/ caffeine late in the day.
Molly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: