Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Throat Hurts

15 posts in this topic

Hi, I have a sore throat, what is safe to take for throat/cough drops?

Thanks

Ads by Google:

Here is a quote from Cepacol's website so I would take them....... and feel better!!! :)

"Cepacol® Lozenges and Cepacol® Sprays contain no gluten, wheat, or grain"

Hope this helps.

DON'T take Halls Fruit Breezers, they made me deathly sick!

Hi, I have a sore throat, what is safe to take for throat/cough drops?

Thanks

Since I see you're on theCanadian border, candian Fisherman's Friends are gluten-free and work very well.

I've always loved any kind of cherry-flavored hard candy (cough drop or not), but what is probably more effective (though not as tasty) is to do hot salt water gargles (I kid you not, they're amazingly effective) and drink as much as you possibly can. I know, I know, it'll mean that you'll have to pee almost constantly, but, like I tell my kids, you'll be peeing out all the germs (drown those suckers!). For sore throats, there are several brands of licorice tea that have no caffeine and are VERY soothing to a scratchy throat.

Hope you feel better soon!

Also, Hall's Sugar Free varieties of Black Cherry, Strawberry, Honey-Lemon, and I think the rest of their sugar free varieties are gluten free--any of their sugar-containing cough drops are not gluten free (even though they look like it when you read the ingredients because the way or the place that they process their glucose has high contamination risks.

And for those that prefer the all-natural approach...I like Thayer's Slippery Elm Lozenges (cherry). They work well for me.

DON'T take Halls Fruit Breezers, they made me deathly sick!

Me too! I didn't think that they contained gluten ( I spoke to a rep from Hall's who told be that they were gluten-free), so I took one and within 30 minutes, I was so sick that I thought I was going to die. It was awful.

Me too! I didn't think that they contained gluten ( I spoke to a rep from Hall's who told be that they were gluten-free), so I took one and within 30 minutes, I was so sick that I thought I was going to die. It was awful.

I was using them non-stop for like 2 weeks, and then missed 3 weeks of school because i got so sick from them and was throwing up every 10 minutes.

DON"T ever take them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, I just picked up the Hall Fruit Breezers, the ingredients look okay, but it does say flavors. Thanks flagbabyds, that was a close one!

There is a great tea called "Throat Coat" which singers use. It is gluten-free and really soothing. It's made by "Traditional Medicinals" and I buy it at the grociery store.

ALL Traditional Medicinals are wonderful teas! :D

Buy Zands at your local health food store. All natural and gluten free and yummy.

Another great throat-soother is to combine a little honey and fresh squeezed lemon juice, warm a bit and take by the spoonful as you need it. :)

Cold-eeze is gluten free.