6 replies to this topic

#1 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 12:40 PM

I just got off the phone--Sally Hansen Diamond Strengh No Chip Nail Color is gluten free.
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Kiki

Kiki

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 01:07 PM

Nail polishes have glutin in them. How is that harmful to us?

#3 Mango04

Mango04

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 01:11 PM

Nail polishes have glutin in them. How is that harmful to us?

If you're very sensitive it could chip off and get into your food or something like that. Many people here make sure all of their products are gluten-free.
"Let food be thy medicine, and let thy medicine be food." - Hippocrates

#4 Guhlia

Guhlia

Ah yes.... Happy New Year to all, Red Bridge style... LOL

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 02:43 PM

What about if you just use it on your toenails... Some advice please? I only paint my toenails (since I'm notoriously bad at chewing on my fingernails) and I'd really like to continue doing this, but I really don't want to have one more thing to read the ingredients on. What would you guys do? It seems to me that the chances of toenail polish getting in my mouth is pretty slim. Any advice would be appreciated.
~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

#5 hez

hez

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 02:50 PM

If I paint my nails (which I haven't yet) I will use a gluten-free nail polish. I cook and eat with my hands. There seems to be a chance that the nail polish could then get ingested. Not worth the risk. I remember some of Opi's colors are gluten-free.

As far as toes go I use my old nail polish (painted them yesterday). I am sure it has wheat in it. I figure my toes do not go in my mouth nor do I cook with them :P So the chances of cc are slim.

Hez

#6 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,684 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 03:19 PM

What about if you just use it on your toenails... Some advice please? I only paint my toenails (since I'm notoriously bad at chewing on my fingernails) and I'd really like to continue doing this, but I really don't want to have one more thing to read the ingredients on. What would you guys do? It seems to me that the chances of toenail polish getting in my mouth is pretty slim. Any advice would be appreciated.

Toes only sure I would, definately not my fingernails though.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#7 Kcruztro

Kcruztro

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:33 PM

When I paint my toenails with gluten fllled polish, my nails react by forming a layer of white between the polish and my nails. Ever since I stopped polishing my nails, they look so much better! My doctor thought I had a fungus. Turns out, my body was rejecting the gluten!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: