Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

gluten-free Nail Polish

7 posts in this topic

I just got off the phone--Sally Hansen Diamond Strengh No Chip Nail Color is gluten free.

Ads by Google:

Nail polishes have glutin in them. How is that harmful to us?

Nail polishes have glutin in them. How is that harmful to us?

If you're very sensitive it could chip off and get into your food or something like that. Many people here make sure all of their products are gluten-free.

What about if you just use it on your toenails... Some advice please? I only paint my toenails (since I'm notoriously bad at chewing on my fingernails) and I'd really like to continue doing this, but I really don't want to have one more thing to read the ingredients on. What would you guys do? It seems to me that the chances of toenail polish getting in my mouth is pretty slim. Any advice would be appreciated.

If I paint my nails (which I haven't yet) I will use a gluten-free nail polish. I cook and eat with my hands. There seems to be a chance that the nail polish could then get ingested. Not worth the risk. I remember some of Opi's colors are gluten-free.

As far as toes go I use my old nail polish (painted them yesterday). I am sure it has wheat in it. I figure my toes do not go in my mouth nor do I cook with them :P So the chances of cc are slim.

Hez

What about if you just use it on your toenails... Some advice please? I only paint my toenails (since I'm notoriously bad at chewing on my fingernails) and I'd really like to continue doing this, but I really don't want to have one more thing to read the ingredients on. What would you guys do? It seems to me that the chances of toenail polish getting in my mouth is pretty slim. Any advice would be appreciated.

Toes only sure I would, definately not my fingernails though.

When I paint my toenails with gluten fllled polish, my nails react by forming a layer of white between the polish and my nails. Ever since I stopped polishing my nails, they look so much better! My doctor thought I had a fungus. Turns out, my body was rejecting the gluten!