This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Worms Maybe?

Lister

Lister Rising Star

meh was not to worried aobut the dramatic weight loss since about 4 summers ago i was almost 400 pounds and withen 3 months i went down to 170 because i was only eating a apple a day and skateboarding all day long but yeah i guess its probably not right to loose that much weight so fast god i hope i dont have anything seriusly wrong with me

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lister Rising Star

you know im thinking maybe i do have tapeworms the more i think about it, that ribbon thing that looked like a piece of tape was one sign and you say that rice like things can be eggs, well for the past 3 days tones of white pellets have been in my stools and i have not eaten rice for about 2 weeks.... hmmmmm could tapeworms cause all of my symptoms

brainfog

stomic pains/ gurgles/ poping noises

fatigue

weight loss????

penguin Community Regular
you know im thinking maybe i do have tapeworms the more i think about it, that ribbon thing that looked like a piece of tape was one sign and you say that rice like things can be eggs, well for the past 3 days tones of white pellets have been in my stools and i have not eaten rice for about 2 weeks.... hmmmmm could tapeworms cause all of my symptoms

brainfog

stomic pains/ gurgles/ poping noises

fatigue

weight loss????

Parasites can cause all of those things. People used to die because in the early 1900's someone came up with a diet pill full of tapeworm eggs! :o

Sure, you have an insatiable appetite, but you're starving to death.

Make sure you write a list of all of your problems before seeing the dr.

Guest Viola

Lister, please check in again after you see the doctor, sure would like to know what he/she thinks. Sure sounds like tape worm problems to me. Put that together with Celiac and anything could happen.

Anyway, would really like to know how you get on with your appointment.

Lister Rising Star

i just posted about my apointment check the topic Blood work done

oh and on a side note since i mentioned i had D the other day, now im constipated today WTF its like one day normal next day D next day constipated, then repeate :(

oh and about my weight, ok so now im 187 thats the offical number, i asked the doctor about my rapid weight loss and he says it sounds great and its not that abnormal at all and he likes me better at this weight and i look much healthyer then i have in the past.

Lister Rising Star

oh and wouldnt starving myself to death mean i was not eating at all? im eating just not very much, i have plastic bowls at work so i make myself salads there with a burger patty or a wopper patty on it and carrots and cucumbers and thats what i have for lunch almost everyday and then for breakfast its a bananna and a vitemen, then dinner is kind of random, sometimes a salad with a gluten-free hot dog on it or like last night i skipped dinner as i dont feel that any of my dishs are safe anymore so im scared to use them so i stopped cooking, i am munching on some lumbarg rice chips right now though mmmm, i cant help it i eat a bag a day of them now :( but there just soo goood, was eating a bag and a half of kettle chips for a hwile tell i herd about cc issuses. Im a really obsessive compolsive person and so this celiac disease is making me a nerviuse reck. Like my girlfriend tried to take one of my chips out of my bag and i slapped her hand away and made her wash it first... am i beeing to anal about all of this or is it nessasary everyone i know is thinking that im becoming a insane freak, especaly since all i seem to talk about is stuff going on with me or how i have to do this or avoid that, its driving everyone i know up the wall.... and worst of all my friends are thinking about pulling the plug on my internet so i cant use this message board anymore because they think its making me worse

nettiebeads Apprentice

RELAX!!! Oops, well, do what you can. I have a girlfriend that is OCD - hoarder though. Excessive hoarding and you get her out of her comfort zone - watch out!!! You are in the first part of celiac - the tough learning curve. Come here to vent, try to be normal around others. But you are right - you can't have people touching your food if they have handled gluten and not washed their hands. You can reuse your steel utensils and if your plates aren't old and deeply scratched, they'll be okay too. If your pots and pans are old teflon, you'll have to junk those, along with anything made out of wood. Come here to ask all the questions you want - and for help dealing with those who don't understand the importance of cc. Good luck and keep us posted!

Annette

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GreySaber Apprentice

I had an abject panic over something like this one.

Turned out I had eaten half a sack of dried coconut, and the slivers had swollen inside me, and come out undigested.

• 2 months later...
ms-sillyak-screwed Enthusiast

-

Lymetoo Contributor

It's very important to take care of parasites. I've heard figures that state 90% of us have them!! YOu would be wise to order some of that dr natura stuff. It's very good and I just called yesterday to make sure it's gluten free....They said YES!

I've seen interesting things in my stool. :blink:

And yes, you can have D and C in the same movement. Happens to me way too often.

susiek Apprentice

<<<it was only like as big as a piece of tape that you would put at the corner of a poster to hang up. really was not as wide as tape though but it looked like tape. and im also wondering, >>>

I hope I am doing this right!

I have nothing to offer in the way of knowledge, but I had the tape thingy when I did a stool test for e coli, salmonella, and parasites. It was fairly long, though. All the tests were negative, btw.

I just recently considered that I might have celiac/gluten intolerance!

ravenwoodglass Mentor
I'm excited and preparing to fly with my doggie to Boston to see a Celiac doctor at Harvard in research. Today at the VET's visit to get the health certificate for doggie it showed he has WORMS. And really really bad too!

As the assistant is telling me this - what she is saying sounds like "....blabla bla blabla blabla blabla..." Because in my head I'm thinking back to when I got sick, and parasite is flashing in my mind, "maybe I have a parasite?" Oh God, no!

So here I am...

I mean I have been through a couple too many hurricane's (without power for 3 weeks at a time) with the water supply contaminated... Just before, but around that time, the doggie came to live with me my thyroid and all these crazy secondary food allergies appeared. And since seem to be not getting better. I'm wondered if the dog, or the water we drank, or washed the food with, has/had thingys in it? I have a basic water filtration system, but stopped using it when I started drinking DISTILLED WATER ONLY. I noticed a big improvement.

What tests to they do to test for PARISITES?

Lister -- Did you find out what it was?

To check for parasites you need to bring a stool sample into your doctor. If you call their office they will give containers for the samples and instructions for collection. I would also tell them what type of worms your dog was treated for. I can understand your fears under the circumstances but DO NOT take anything unless parasites are found by your DOCTOR.

Lymetoo Contributor

"I can understand your fears under the circumstances but DO NOT take anything unless parasites are found by your DOCTOR."

==============================

The tests miss way too many cases. Treating will not hurt anyone and will likely help. Just my opinion.

Lister Rising Star

yeah nothing was found. still dont know whats going on with my stools, they always come out looking diffrient, and with snot stuff usualy now.

ravenwoodglass Mentor
I just returned from the Vet and picked up 6 vials of stuff to squirt down the doggies throat for three days, then follow up with 3 more in 3 weeks. I guess the eggs hatch and they grow up in the 3 week period. They said it's like VD - the doggie poops in the yard, the yard gets it, contact with other dogs, they can get it.,k humans too. All around I have to not only treat the doggie and the yard, but keep him away from other animals. This really puts a glitch in my travel plans and my summer...

I'm already impressed - Something unheard of in Florida - The celiac disease doctor in Boston assistant called me Friday about gathering my file (it seems I have a gastro doc that is refusing to turn over my file) and when we were going over the list I told him about the whipworms in the dog and questioned my health as a result. He said the doctor can test me for parisites when I come in.

I wouldn't try to self treat myself and do a parasite cleans. I suffer from serious seizure now. When I reflect on my life and health (in my profile you'll see) I really messed myself up back in the 90s doing all sorts of alternative treatments, colon cleans and etc., without medical supervision. I have since learned not to do that again I will ask for help of a pro in the know.

Honestly, it would be a relief if PARISITES is really what is wrong.

Hi, I hope this doesn't mess up your summer too badly. Were you planning on taking him somewhere that has other pets in residence? If not and you are simply wanting to travel with him there could be ways it could be done. The main concern with other animals are that they will either come in contact with his feces or that they would do what doggies do and lick each other in places we wish they wouldn't. Perhaps if you clean up promptly after him and limit his exposure to other dog butts and them to his, it might still be possible to do a bit of galavanting around?

-

eKatherine Rookie
On page 90 she says - "....parasite infection GIARDIASIS can be found in local water supply and NOT filtered out with CHLORINATION. Check w/ cdc & epa." She went on to say -- "Recent studies suggest that these parasites maybe the PRIMARY CAUSE of ALLERGIES."

She said it that way? How odd. Chlorination is not a type of filtration. It would make more sense to say "killed" or "destroyed".

ravenwoodglass Mentor
ravenwoodglass -- I know this really does pose another set of problems.

I gave him the oral treatment, yesterday, and today, tomorrow is the last dose. Then we have to wait 3 wks for the eggs to hatch, and the second set of worms come out with the 3 vials in 3 weeks follow up. It should be some what out of his system by the time we fly this week. Were we are going there is a cat (I'm highly allergic) but an outdoor cat, another home has a big dog and a cat and you are right he can infect them. I won't go there until he is clear of the worms.

I'm not sure what else to do. I can't leave him and don't have anyone else to care for him here.

Heres a wacky suggestion, they make 'doggie diapers' for females in heat. Perhaps they would work, along with the picking up, to prevent infesting the other dogs. If he is reliably housebroken you could have him wear them when he is around the other animals and then take them off when you take him to potty. Of course this would only be feasible if the people you are visiting are comfortable with the situation.

-

ali786 Newbie
i would normaly think it is lettice since ia lmost alwayse dispense some when i have a movement, but it was litarly perfectly shaped rectangle. as for whati ate 24 hours prior here is the list not in correct order because my brain does not feel like working. bannans,salad * containing romain,spinich,carrots,cucumbers* *sometimes containing either a burger patty or a gluten free hotdog* small amount of kettle chips before i desided that i didnt want to risk the cc anymore. and gatorade other then that nothing i have been eating very little as of late.

Hi, This is my First ever post on this Forum. I have been having unusual symptoms. I have to say that I have a tendancy to pass lettuce, carrots, peas, corn in my stool and they don't look digested at all. So I have been avoiding these things. Raw vegetables are more difficult to digest than cooked meat because they have a thick capsule and witch celiac it makes it worse becasue your villi don't work. What your are describing is most likely Lettuce!

Archived