Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Whats In Your Car celiac disease Player?

50 posts in this topic

Genesis - Platinum Collection

The Rolling Stones - Flashpoint

Steve Miller Band - Greatest Hits

E.L.O. - Greatest Hits

Can You Tell I Grew Up In The 70's?????

MeatLoaf - Bat Out Of Hell

Steely Dan - A Decade Of Steely Dan

Queen - Greatest Hits

Eddie Money - Greatest Hits

Rock On!

Cleveland Bob B)

Cleveland Bob--Must be a NE Ohio thing--Love all that you listed (I grew up in NE OH in the 70's!!!!!!!)

I have in my car-Eric Clapton-Live Blues, Eric Clapton-From the Cradle, Eric Clapton Greatest Hits , (Love Clapton & blues) 3 or 4 Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel, and the above- mentioned Meatloaf -Bat out of Hell

Hey, Cleveland Bob--Whatever happened to Michael Stanley?!! GREAT CLEVELAND BAND OF THE 70's!! :)

DingoGirl, I love your list too!

Ads by Google:

Well I'm so off of my Celiac Disease player... I only use digital music now... I broadcast to my car radio from my iPod... and I have a portable hard drive with over 20,000. songs on it! Crazy!

I listen to virtually anything, I too love oldies.. I really get into music from the 50's - 80's. but recent stuff includes Daniel Powter, Jamie Cullen, Teddy Geiger , Kelly Clarkston, Travis, Dixie Chicks (new celiac disease on pre order)...

Susan

Right Now in the changer:

6. Mateis-ayahu

Is that a different person than Matisyahu? Surely there isn't more than one reggae Hasidic rapper, right?

oh, and i also have dvorak's 9th symphony in the car as well i believe

i know i have an ecclectic mix of musical tastes, but i was a music major, what can i say? :P

angie

I love Dvorak! Angie, I think we're the only ones who have classical CDs in the car! Do you play an instrument, or sing?

I have Suzuki violin and cello C D s--they have lots of easy little Bach pieces for beginning violin and cello students. They're very pretty tunes, and the kids kind of absorb them without having to think about it, so when they go practice, they KNOW what it's supposed to sound like--and then they are actually able to make it sound pretty good!

I'm a Books-on-celiac disease freak. As soon as I'm done w/ one, I'm back at the (FREE) library getting another! Right now I'm listening to actress Blair Brown read Isabele Allende's Zorro to me. It's awesome!

White Stripes

Beth Orton

Niko Case

Johnny Cash

Black Sabbath

Nick Drake

new Neil Young

Right now we have Barbies Rockin Hits for our daughter, Brad Paisley for me & Meatloaf for my husband.

I dont really use my player anymore...I plug in my iPod and its got about 1,000 songs on it. Love it....it was one of the best gifts I ever got!

I mostly listen to spanish music but I've got a little of everything stored in my iPod. I listen to Daddy Yankee, Brad Paisely, Kelly Clarkson, Dido, Juanes, Rob Thomas, Usher, Paulina Rubio, Shakira, 3 Doors Down, Mario, etc...I listen to everything except Metal. I like classic rock like Kansas and Crosby Stills & Nash.

I have Alicia Keys, Keith Urban, U2, Alanis Morrisette, cold play, Nina Simone, Simon and Garfunkle, and Madonna I think thats it

I have C Ds that I burned that have the same thing as my Ipod in mine..

Motley Crue, Poison, Sublime, U2, Disturbed, Stained, Tommy Lee, BOD, Celine Dion, Cindy Lauper, Marilyn Manson, Tina Turner, O Brother Where Art Thou Soundtrack, Big N Rich, Tracy Lawrence, The Bee Gee's, Johnny Cash, Queen, Eminem, and Bloodhound Gang. I love all kinds of music. Right now I'm trying to find Andrea Bocelli on Limewire so I can add some of his music, too.

lol Guhlia!!

I also have Raffi in the car for the nieces. Such addicting stuff, I'll find myself randomly humming the songs during the day!

Raffi! Is that the guy that does the song about the "baby baluga (sp?)" ????? I listened to that when I was little and I can't remember who did the song!!!!

I have C Ds that I burned that have the same thing as my Ipod in mine..

Motley Crue, Poison, Sublime, U2, Disturbed, Stained, Tommy Lee, BOD, Celine Dion, Cindy Lauper, Marilyn Manson, Tina Turner, O Brother Where Art Thou Soundtrack, Big N Rich, Tracy Lawrence, The Bee Gee's, Johnny Cash, Queen, Eminem, and Bloodhound Gang. I love all kinds of music. Right now I'm trying to find Andrea Bocelli on Limewire so I can add some of his music, too.

I Ipod too, I have about 1500 songs on mine, and Podcast Dave Ramsey and Bill O'Reilly. Right now I am listening to Blue Man Group that I got after seeing them in Vegas, they were awesome! And I got Andrea Bocelli's new c d from itunes, if you use that! It is wonderful!

This is a great thread on celiac disease in the car :P

I have

Red Hot Chili Peppers

old Robert Palmer (with Little Feat)

John Mayer

Carlos Nikai (Native American flute)

Jacob Miller (reggae)

my wedding celiac disease

soundtrack to Cold Mountain

Now if it would only just STAY in the car :D

The sound track to the Sopranos

And the latest C D (they are out on a USA tour, just back from Europe) of my brothers rock'n'roll band.

O.A.R---- WOWO!! I haven't found too many people that know who they are! I love them! Seen them in concert like 4 years ago- rock on!!

Lister- thanks, I completely forgot about Maroon5- love them too! (by the way I love Stuie!)

Gabrielle,

The ironic thing is that I used to work with the saxophone player in O.A.R. hisn name is Jerry and he is one of the nicest people you will ever meet (very down to earth). Recently, I found out that the Violent Femmes asked him to play with them on stage -- how cool!

Chelsea, its the same guy, I was just debating the spelling of his name in my head -- I love him though, puts you in a good mood...

Raffi! Is that the guy that does the song about the "baby baluga (sp?)" ????? I listened to that when I was little and I can't remember who did the song!!!!

Tiffjake,

Yep, that is THE guy, Baby Beluga, Down By the Bay, Shake the Sillies Out, 6 Little Ducks, and so much more!

Raffi is awesome and kids LOVE him.

If you ever need to give a baby shower gift, or a gift for a baby's birth, and need ideas Raffi's cds and videos go over really big.

I have

Red Hot Chili Peppers

old Robert Palmer (with Little Feat)

John Mayer

Carlos Nikai (Native American flute)

Jacob Miller (reggae)

my wedding celiac disease

soundtrack to Cold Mountain

Berneses,

I love Carlos Nikai. I have several of his CDs too!

I love Dvorak! Angie, I think we're the only ones who have classical CDs in the car! Do you play an instrument, or sing?

I have Suzuki violin and cello C D s--they have lots of easy little Bach pieces for beginning violin and cello students. They're very pretty tunes, and the kids kind of absorb them without having to think about it, so when they go practice, they KNOW what it's supposed to sound like--and then they are actually able to make it sound pretty good!

i actually majored in music theory...but i play oboe, flute, sax, some percussion, keyboard...thats what i play still anyways at church...but i can play a little something on almost all instruments :D i love classical symphonic music!! do you have kids in the suzuki program or do you just enjoy the CDs? what do you play/sing?

angie

Tiffjake,

Yep, that is THE guy, Baby Beluga, Down By the Bay, Shake the Sillies Out, 6 Little Ducks, and so much more!

Raffi is awesome and kids LOVE him.

Ah! I just found the song that has been half-way playing in my head for 20 years! LOL!! Thanks so much!

i actually majored in music theory...but i play oboe, flute, sax, some percussion, keyboard...thats what i play still anyways at church...but i can play a little something on almost all instruments :D i love classical symphonic music!! do you have kids in the suzuki program or do you just enjoy the CDs? what do you play/sing?

angie

(I know you weren't asking me, but I just wanted to add that I played the tenor sax for many years-through middle school, and high school- and then donated my sax to a student that needed an instrument for band. I miss playing! I can still remember the notes/finger placings! I wonder if there is a local group that I could play with around here.......do you know if adults get together to play that aren't in a band? How would I look for something like that in my area?)

Ah! I just found the song that has been half-way playing in my head for 20 years! LOL!! Thanks so much!

Glad I could help you out with that 20 year old mystery :lol:

Evergrey - Monday Morning Apocalypse

Evergrey - A Night to Remember

Marillion - Anaraknophobia

Marillion - Marbles

On 6/6/6 those will be replaced by the new Halloween celiac disease. Got my copy ordered and the neighbors won't be happy about it. I will have it cranked to 11.

(I know you weren't asking me, but I just wanted to add that I played the tenor sax for many years-through middle school, and high school- and then donated my sax to a student that needed an instrument for band. I miss playing! I can still remember the notes/finger placings! I wonder if there is a local group that I could play with around here.......do you know if adults get together to play that aren't in a band? How would I look for something like that in my area?)

you could try contacting local high school band directors...i know the ones around here either conduct or play in community bands...that would be my suggestion. good luck! i love tenor sax...i usually play tenor or bari :D and how sweet of you to give away your sax, i did that when i upgraded my flute, i gave away my student level one...it felt good to help someone else out :D

angie

And the latest C D (they are out on a USA tour, just back from Europe) of my brothers rock'n'roll band.

What is the name of your Brother's band?

Evergrey - Monday Morning Apocalypse

Evergrey - A Night to Remember

Marillion - Anaraknophobia

Marillion - Marbles

On 6/6/6 those will be replaced by the new Halloween celiac disease. Got my copy ordered and the neighbors won't be happy about it. I will have it cranked to 11.

Whoa, Marillion. That's a blast from the past for me. My brother really liked them when we were in high school, he was going to name his first born Kayleigh.

I'll bite, what band is your brother in?

Whoa, Marillion. That's a blast from the past for me. My brother really liked them when we were in high school, he was going to name his first born Kayleigh.

They are still around. They released Marbles in 2004 and it is one of their best ones.