Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Whats In Your Car celiac disease Player?

• Please log in to reply

49 replies to this topic

#31 BRUMI1968

BRUMI1968

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 08:32 AM

White Stripes
Beth Orton
Niko Case
Johnny Cash
Black Sabbath
Nick Drake
new Neil Young

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 swittenauer

swittenauer

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 09:23 AM

Right now we have Barbies Rockin Hits for our daughter, Brad Paisley for me & Meatloaf for my husband.
July 19, 2005 - My husband Bill was diagnosed, via bloodwork, with Celiac.

August 3, 2005 - Biopsy confirmed Celiac Sprue.

Food Allergies: Chocolate, Shellfish & Gluten

#33 Rachel--24

Rachel--24

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,323 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 09:42 AM

I dont really use my player anymore...I plug in my iPod and its got about 1,000 songs on it. Love it....it was one of the best gifts I ever got!

I mostly listen to spanish music but I've got a little of everything stored in my iPod. I listen to Daddy Yankee, Brad Paisely, Kelly Clarkson, Dido, Juanes, Rob Thomas, Usher, Paulina Rubio, Shakira, 3 Doors Down, Mario, etc...I listen to everything except Metal. I like classic rock like Kansas and Crosby Stills & Nash.
Rachel

#34 abbiekir

abbiekir

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 11:17 AM

I have Alicia Keys, Keith Urban, U2, Alanis Morrisette, cold play, Nina Simone, Simon and Garfunkle, and Madonna I think thats it
Diagnosed with Luekemia in 1995- didn't have to have bone marrow transplant but went through strong chemo for a year- ever since have been in remission

Diagnosed with Graves Disease in Oct. of 2004

Diagnosed with IBS in 2001- ever since then had bloating, depression, skin rashes (DH- I assume), stomache pains, heartburn, joint pain and the list goes on - Started doing research of my own on celiac and have been gluten free since November 2004.
Had the blood test came back negative but of course I had been gluten free for 7-8 mos.
I have noticed an enormous improvement bieng gluten free but still suspect I have other food allergies

Mom had breast cancer and is a type II diabetic-
Dad has had Parkinson's since he was 45

A felllow colleague sugested to become a member of this board- it already has helped just by reading through some of the topics i had quesitons on so I am very thankful to have found all of you.

Abbie

#35 JenAnderson

JenAnderson

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 02:05 PM

I have C Ds that I burned that have the same thing as my Ipod in mine..
Motley Crue, Poison, Sublime, U2, Disturbed, Stained, Tommy Lee, BOD, Celine Dion, Cindy Lauper, Marilyn Manson, Tina Turner, O Brother Where Art Thou Soundtrack, Big N Rich, Tracy Lawrence, The Bee Gee's, Johnny Cash, Queen, Eminem, and Bloodhound Gang. I love all kinds of music. Right now I'm trying to find Andrea Bocelli on Limewire so I can add some of his music, too.
Jennifer Anderson

Celiac Disease-since 2003
Asperger's Disorder/OCD
Daughter-11- Asperger's Disorder
Son-7-Celiac Disease
Husband-Normal
Now allergic to eggs, dairy, peanuts, corn, rice, tomatoes, potatoes, and soy (11/2009)

#36 tiffjake

tiffjake

Life is good....

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 12:29 AM

lol Guhlia!!

I also have Raffi in the car for the nieces. Such addicting stuff, I'll find myself randomly humming the songs during the day!

Raffi! Is that the guy that does the song about the "baby baluga (sp?)" ????? I listened to that when I was little and I can't remember who did the song!!!!

I have C Ds that I burned that have the same thing as my Ipod in mine..
Motley Crue, Poison, Sublime, U2, Disturbed, Stained, Tommy Lee, BOD, Celine Dion, Cindy Lauper, Marilyn Manson, Tina Turner, O Brother Where Art Thou Soundtrack, Big N Rich, Tracy Lawrence, The Bee Gee's, Johnny Cash, Queen, Eminem, and Bloodhound Gang. I love all kinds of music. Right now I'm trying to find Andrea Bocelli on Limewire so I can add some of his music, too.

I Ipod too, I have about 1500 songs on mine, and Podcast Dave Ramsey and Bill O'Reilly. Right now I am listening to Blue Man Group that I got after seeing them in Vegas, they were awesome! And I got Andrea Bocelli's new c d from itunes, if you use that! It is wonderful!
EnteroLab test positive for gluten intolerence and 2 gluten intolerence and celiac genes
DQ2 and DQ3 sub type DQ7 in December 2005
Gluten-free since Enterolab test, December 2, 2005.

Lame Advertisement Test positive for gluten intolerence in Sept 2005.
THEN found out that my fathers mother had nontropical sprue, she passed away at 40 from (stomach) cancer, had holes in her intestines when they caught it. I had no idea....

#37 Guest_BERNESES_*

Guest_BERNESES_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2006 - 04:50 AM

This is a great thread on celiac disease in the car :P

I have
Red Hot Chili Peppers
old Robert Palmer (with Little Feat)
John Mayer
Carlos Nikai (Native American flute)
Jacob Miller (reggae)
my wedding celiac disease
soundtrack to Cold Mountain

#38 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 04:54 AM

Now if it would only just STAY in the car :D
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#39 ms_sillyak_screwed

ms_sillyak_screwed

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 11:44 AM

The sound track to the Sopranos

And the latest C D (they are out on a USA tour, just back from Europe) of my brothers rock'n'roll band.

#40 VegasCeliacBuckeye

VegasCeliacBuckeye

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 12:30 PM

O.A.R---- WOWO!! I haven't found too many people that know who they are! I love them! Seen them in concert like 4 years ago- rock on!!

Lister- thanks, I completely forgot about Maroon5- love them too! (by the way I love Stuie!)

Gabrielle,

The ironic thing is that I used to work with the saxophone player in O.A.R. hisn name is Jerry and he is one of the nicest people you will ever meet (very down to earth). Recently, I found out that the Violent Femmes asked him to play with them on stage -- how cool!

Chelsea, its the same guy, I was just debating the spelling of his name in my head -- I love him though, puts you in a good mood...

#41 Green12

Green12

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,299 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 12:56 PM

Raffi! Is that the guy that does the song about the "baby baluga (sp?)" ????? I listened to that when I was little and I can't remember who did the song!!!!

Tiffjake,

Yep, that is THE guy, Baby Beluga, Down By the Bay, Shake the Sillies Out, 6 Little Ducks, and so much more!

Raffi is awesome and kids LOVE him.

If you ever need to give a baby shower gift, or a gift for a baby's birth, and need ideas Raffi's cds and videos go over really big.

I have
Red Hot Chili Peppers
old Robert Palmer (with Little Feat)
John Mayer
Carlos Nikai (Native American flute)
Jacob Miller (reggae)
my wedding celiac disease
soundtrack to Cold Mountain

Berneses,

I love Carlos Nikai. I have several of his CDs too!

#42 angielackner

angielackner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 02:48 PM

I love Dvorak! Angie, I think we're the only ones who have classical CDs in the car! Do you play an instrument, or sing?

I have Suzuki violin and cello C D s--they have lots of easy little Bach pieces for beginning violin and cello students. They're very pretty tunes, and the kids kind of absorb them without having to think about it, so when they go practice, they KNOW what it's supposed to sound like--and then they are actually able to make it sound pretty good!

i actually majored in music theory...but i play oboe, flute, sax, some percussion, keyboard...thats what i play still anyways at church...but i can play a little something on almost all instruments :D i love classical symphonic music!! do you have kids in the suzuki program or do you just enjoy the CDs? what do you play/sing?

angie

#43 tiffjake

tiffjake

Life is good....

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 02:55 PM

Tiffjake,

Yep, that is THE guy, Baby Beluga, Down By the Bay, Shake the Sillies Out, 6 Little Ducks, and so much more!

Raffi is awesome and kids LOVE him.

Ah! I just found the song that has been half-way playing in my head for 20 years! LOL!! Thanks so much!
EnteroLab test positive for gluten intolerence and 2 gluten intolerence and celiac genes

THEN found out that my fathers mother had nontropical sprue, she passed away at 40 from (stomach) cancer, had holes in her intestines when they caught it. I had no idea....

#44 tiffjake

tiffjake

Life is good....

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 03:13 PM

i actually majored in music theory...but i play oboe, flute, sax, some percussion, keyboard...thats what i play still anyways at church...but i can play a little something on almost all instruments :D i love classical symphonic music!! do you have kids in the suzuki program or do you just enjoy the CDs? what do you play/sing?

angie

(I know you weren't asking me, but I just wanted to add that I played the tenor sax for many years-through middle school, and high school- and then donated my sax to a student that needed an instrument for band. I miss playing! I can still remember the notes/finger placings! I wonder if there is a local group that I could play with around here.......do you know if adults get together to play that aren't in a band? How would I look for something like that in my area?)

#45 Green12

Green12

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,299 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 04:41 PM

Ah! I just found the song that has been half-way playing in my head for 20 years! LOL!! Thanks so much!

Glad I could help you out with that 20 year old mystery :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: