1 reply to this topic

#1 Mghunter

Mghunter

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 08:31 PM

I received a tip about a new store opening in the Safeway shopping center at the Castle Pines Parkway exit off I25. They also distribute water (the name of the store is Purified Water to go) but have a HUGE selection of gluten-free foods. They even offered samples, atleast today they did! I am seven months pregnant and purchased everything I have been craving but unable to get at this point. Please go and thank them for bringing so many wonderful gluten-free foods (coffee cake, blueberry muffins, cherry and appple pie, carrot cake...I could keep going) to our area!! Kudos to Outside the Breadbox (local gluten-free bakery in Colo Spgs) for their outstanding Choc Chip and Snickerdoodle cookies. My husband (not a celiac) can't stop eating the Snickerdoodles, they really do taste like the real thing.

Enjoy!

Michele Hunter

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 wildones

wildones

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 09:48 PM

I wish I had seen this earlier today ! My parents live in Castle Pines and we were there today ! and looking for some food too :) . Thanks for the tip ! I will tell my kids' GI doctor's office about it, they are near Park Meadows and see tons of celiac kids. If you need to see a peds GI doctor for your baby (hopefully not) I can highly recommend Dr Ted Stathos. One of my boys has major GI problems and celiac disease too, so we see him very frequently.
Lorraine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: