2 replies to this topic

#1 Suzn14806

Suzn14806

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 08:30 AM

Have any of you had the ELISA food intolerance test that you do at home done?

http://www.yorkallergyusa.com/

I have been sick at least once a week sometimes for two or three days in the last month. I have been gluten-free for 7 months and I am really very, very careful. Our house is totally gluten-free. I even buy gluten-free cereal and snacks for when my grandkids come to visit. I seldom eat anything that I haven't made from scratch in my own kitchen. I am quite sure that I have eliminated as many sources of contamination as are humanly possible.

I am thinking that I must have an intolerance or allergy to something in addition to the gluten. The ELISA test looks like a good way to go but it is so expensive I wondered if anyone else has done it and if you found the results to be accurate and worth the investment.

(I have not been able to work for the last six months because of all the sick days that I still have so money has definately become a serious consideration.)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 burdee

burdee

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 12:23 PM

Maybe you've already considered this, :huh: but I thought I'd throw this out: Have you eliminated lactose as well? I discovered I was lactose intolerant LONG before I discovered gluten intolerance (which often causes lactose intolerance by damaging the villi which digest lactose). I use lactaid supplements to consume dairy. However, I may also be sensitve to caseine. I'm still awaiting my Enterolab package of tests with the free milk sensitivity test. :( I hope I'm not also sensitive to casein--Lactaid has allowed me to eat dairy all these years ... or maybe not. Anyway you might eliminate all dairy or use lactaid to see if you symptoms disappear, before you try to eliminate everything. Dealing with lactose and gluten intolerance are time-consuming enough for me. :blink:

Gluten, dairy, soy, egg, cane sugar, vanilla and nutmeg free. Enterolab diagnosed gluten/casein intolerant 7/04; soy intolerant 8/07. ELISA test diagnosed egg/cane sugar IgG allergies 8/06; vanilla/nutmeg 8/06. 2006-10 diagnosed by DNA Microbial stool tests and successfully treated: Klebsiella, Enterobacter Cloaecae, Cryptosporidia, Candida, C-diff, Achromobacter, H. Pylori and Dientamoeba Fragilis. 6/10 Heidelberg capsule test diagnosed hypochloridia. Vitamin D deficiency, hypothyroiditis, hypochloridia and low white blood cells caused vulnerability to infections. I now take Betaine HCl, probiotics, Vitamin D and T3 thyroid supplement to maintain immunity.

#3 booksrfun

booksrfun

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 09:40 AM

Hi,

Due to numerous ear infections, stuffy nose, headaches and dizziness our nutritionist recommended the York Allergy test for my daughter. It was very easy to do at home and the results came in about 3 weeks. Unfortunately, my daughter showed reactions to everything from gluten, milk, corn, eggs, and wheat to oranges and cashews. I have eliminated most from her diet and she is SOOOOOOOO much better. She used to have a headache everyday...now no more headaches or stuffiness. She still gets occasional (sp?) dizziness but I would definietly recommend the lab/test. It is a highly ranked lab because their results are reliable unlike other labs. (samples of the same blood yielded similar test results).

It has been the best thing I have done for my daughter. She had been to 3 allergists and did not react to the food "skin prick tests" so nobody thought that she had food allergies.
If you have any questions please contact me via this site.

Becky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: