This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Some Symptoms Diseapering

Lister

Lister Rising Star

doctor said i cant take any meds for some reason...

gah i thout my stomic problems when they growled were related to not having food for my worms or something, but im finally getting the pains and i just ate like 1 hour ago, maybe i should continue to eat but im bloated

also i dont even think, i am low on b12, since i had my levels checked for vitemans and everything was normal, but i will still take it just for a hope that it will clear my head up in a couple of days, i would think it would be like a asprin beacuse i got the ones that disolve under your tunge, so it goes strait to your blood stream

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lister Rising Star

I am supposed to have food allergy tests done tomorrow- im wondering if i should cancel the apointment since im deeling with sensativitys not allergys... do the tests test for sensativty or just allergy?? i dont have insurance so if this is not going to help me i dont want to do it, i have already done 2000 dollers in unessasry testing to find nothing so far besides for some subsarean folds in my small intestine- im really bitter about how much money im waisting to not get any results

eKatherine Rookie

Lister, you need to chill. Obsessing with your health hasn't improved it a bit. Rather, it's turned you into a hypochondriac, a person who worries constantly, who can think of nothing but your health issues and making minute-to-minute changes in your diet and routine. Your doctor probably thinks you've gone off the deep end. It is worry that rules your life, not your symptoms.

I read a little article this weekend about Dr. Arthur Barsky of Harvard Medical School, who has written the book Stop Being Your Symptoms and Start Being Yourself. He said that to control your fears

• Stop monitoring how you feel. It can intensify your symptoms.
  • Set aside specific times of the day to worry. Other times, distract yourself.
  • Stop looking up diseases on the web or at least limit your searches. The internet tends to focus on worst-case scenarios.
  • Work out a reasonable treatment plan with your physician. Reassess what you are doing at specific intervals - not daily.

Lister Rising Star

i know i know, i try not to obsess but if my doctor was working with me at all i probably wouldnt. I have been in the dark for a month now and im doing everything in my power to get better but without knowing whats wrong its making it really hard. Im disconnecting the internet for the night so i cant look up stuff anymore. meh back to beeing bored-really i am its raining so outside sucks and everyone in my house is asleep its 6 fricking pm and everyone is asleep so i have to tip toe around and i cant watch tv or play games because it keeps them awake :( i technacly cant even use my own comp in fear of waking up my gluten-free (girlfriend)

DingoGirl Enthusiast

I couldn't agree more wtih what Katherine said....you might be driving your doctor crazy. Just work on eating well and trying to calm down! You are way overscrutinizing....you're going to drive yourself mad.

Lister Rising Star

alright i took a break from this site and yada yada. Im feeling alot better lately, my brain fog is almost not here anymore besides for like random times it will come back really heavy for like 30 minutes and i meen so heavy i can barly see, but then it goes away. My stomic really does not do that burn and growl anymore unless i dont eat every 3 hours- so i am always snacking on something healthy. my BMs even though frequenatly C are usualy really normal for once. the only thing to really complain about is i keep getting cramps like fairly bad cramps in my upper left side, but they come and go, also when i breath if i take a fairly deep breath it hurts both my left and right side- but im a smoker plus i have C alot so that probably is why i just probably got a muscle sore.

the only reason i am posting is to acually ask a question. So i have complained alot about black specks in my movements and i meen lots of these black specks and some of them are bigger now then normal. I tried to tell my doctor about them last week but he said "we already tested you for blood so its nothing" the thing is though when they tested me for blood i was having maroon movements, these black things did not start until a week later so these where never tested, am i just being paranoid or should i have them give me another stool sample?? not really worid about it because its becoming a everyday thing, its just the only explanation i have found for black specks is mucus/yeast die off, but i stoped having mucus stools a week ago now so im not sure if this is acually die off or not. should i go or should i just leave it be?? also has anyone done a bactera/parasite stool test?? i took one last week and its now been 7 days and my doctor has not called me with the results does it usualy take this long? im just wondering if maybe he forgot about me and just never called but i dont want to harass him and find out that it just has not come back yet

also does anyone know if the body naturaly does not digest beans?? i guess i did not chew some of my chili yesterday because i littarly passed 3 entire beans/ no marks on them at all just full fricking beans i would think the stomic would atleast start to digest them?? does this meen im not as healed as i thought i was?? i thought i was ready for chili and what not because my symtoms have really gone away but after seeing that im not sure if i can trust myself

Lister Rising Star

oooo i feel a slight rant coming. Its just well i realized now its been a month and 2 weeks of me having a chronic health problem completly and totaly undiagnosed. Abosolutly no clue what it is or what i can do to make it better, i dont even know if im gluten sensative the doctor just put me on this diet to make me shutup. sorta like he keeps throwing random things out there to test for that all keep coming back negative, but before he even gives me the test he tells me i have it so i will shutup. This is some complete BS i want to know what is really wrong so if there is a problem i can fix it or atleast get on the right path so i can be healthy again. Im almost thinking about going out and eating whatever the hell i want since obviusly this doctor really does not know anything and is just completly taking shots at the dark..... I meen i understand that there is only so many things he himself can test for but he is the highest paid doctor at the office i go to he is the highest ranking doctor as well unyet he cant figure out whats wrong with me..... hes done

celiac blood panel-nothing found

Hemocult card-nothing found- i feel may have been inacurate because of the fact i did the card in 1 day supposed to take 3

Upper GI-small folds found in small intestine (scalloping)

Catscan-nothing found

Xrays- lodged stool that was all

Regular blood panel-anemia,vitemens,liver

Stool sample-parasite/bactera-still no results from this test was givin last week....

what else can he do short of a colonoscopy???-this is in the works he has to send me to a specalist

i meen gah he thinks i have IBS but from what i heave read thats a bs diagnosis even though my girlfriends grandma has been diagnosed with it for over 33 years and has had every test in the world done on her and nothing was found...

im just pissed im sick of not having answers, i meen i have no clue what my body may be doing or what may be wrong it could be something seriuse and this guy is just waisting my time i could be using to get better instead of sitting around everyday feeling miserable waiting for some lite to shine. grrrrrrr. i dont even know why im really complaing that much since i dont even feel that bad. i guess im just geting really old with this

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lister Rising Star

I managed to keep my cool for like 3 days and stoped worying and what not, but now that i find myself alone with the house to myself again, i keep thinking to hard on the what ifs, the what ifs are starting to get the best of me im trying not to think about it but the thoughts of cancer keep running thru my head. I wish they would hurry up and finish the testing like get the colonoscopy done and over with that way i can find out truly what is going on inside of me. i meen its probably nothing im only 20 but exeptions exisist and what if i am one of those. gah why do i do this to myself :( wish i had friends to call and talk to but i dont thats why i post here. I have no one to consult to or talk to about anything even stuff not related to this, besides my girlfriend but me and her are slightly seperated right now(taking a break so well u never know what that leads to i guess) so i am literaly completly alone and its only making everything harder for me. well i guess i will stop complaining and go back to trying to cook my dinner (chicken,rice,corn tortias)

ravenwoodglass Mentor
"oooo i feel a slight rant coming. Its just well i realized now its been a month and 2 weeks of me having a chronic health problem completly and totaly undiagnosed. "

From what I understand of the tests results you posted and your doctors telling you you need to be gluten free you really have been diagnosed. You should thank this doctor, I know this seems a long time but it is not. Many of us are sick for well over 10 years, for me it was !5 before doctors even consider the possibility of gluten intolerance. Your doctor was smart enough to order an endo which clearly showed you needed the diet.

"celiac blood panel-nothing found"

This is very common. Many of us have a false negative.

"Hemocult card-nothing found- i feel may have been inacurate because of the fact i did the card in 1 day supposed to take 3"

Did you tell the doctor you did not do the test correctly?

"Upper GI-small folds found in small intestine (scalloping)"

SCALLOPING is diagnosotic for celiac and/or gluten intolerance. This is why your doctor wants you on the gluten free diet. You have been diagnosed and need to give strict adherence to the diet time to heal you.

"Regular blood panel-anemia,vitemens,liver"

These results are also diagnostic tools for your doctor, he looked at these results and the result of your endoscopy to diagnose you as needing the gluten free diet.

"Stool sample-parasite/bactera-still no results from this test was givin last week...."

It can take up to 2 weeks to get these results back.

"im just pissed im sick of not having answers, i meen i have no clue what my body may be doing or what may be wrong it could be something seriuse and this guy is just waisting my time"

You really need to give the diet more time. You said you are not really feeling all that bad now and your stools are more regular. I know it hard to be patient when you are hurting but make sure your totally gluten-free and hopefully within a couple months you will feel better.

Lister Rising Star

i never had a endoscopy....uless thats what the upper gi was (milkshake and some xrays) hes making me do the diet because of just the folds found.

as for the hemocult- he is the one that made me do it incorectly i was like "im taking vitemens and it says to not have calcium or iron suplemts when taking this card and i did not have the proper diet before the card" he made me do it anyways and in one day instead of 3 like it asks

ravenwoodglass Mentor
i never had a endoscopy....uless thats what the upper gi was (milkshake and some xrays) hes making me do the diet because of just the folds found.

as for the hemocult- he is the one that made me do it incorectly i was like "im taking vitemens and it says to not have calcium or iron suplemts when taking this card and i did not have the proper diet before the card" he made me do it anyways and in one day instead of 3 like it asks

Hi, what I was trying to say is that the folds and scalloping are why he told you to do the diet. He did not just pull the diagnosis out of the air. These are the early stages of intestinal damage from gluten intolerance. This is why he diagnosed you with gluten intoelrance, sensitivity or whatever you choose to call it. Your doctor seems to be very through but if you think he was wrong about you needing the diet perhaps Enterolab testing or a second opinion may be of value to you.

Lister Rising Star

Im not complaining about the diet i meen if its nessasary for my health whaterver, and im not questioning it even though ithout they had to do more then just find scalloping to diagnose it (can scalloping be anything else) but im just trying to make sure its nothing else i meen ontop of the fact that im gluten sensative, causing the problems- thats why the doctor he thinks i am gluten sensative but he also thinks i have chrons or ulceritive colitis on top of it, since he does not think the diet is working for me but since he wont let me talk to him or contact me he does not know that i am slightly improving

One thing i dont understand is- these burning pains i get like my stomic will burn and then gurgle a whole bunch, but i can contain them as long as the seconed one starts to happen i eat something if i dont they will continue until i do, now this would normaly not be a problem and i would ride it off as hunger but they seem to happen every 2 hours now no matter how big of a lunch i have i will still growl 2 hours later if i dont eat something its wierd i feel like im eating for 2

Mango04 Enthusiast
Im not complaining about the diet i meen if its nessasary for my health whaterver, and im not questioning it even though ithout they had to do more then just find scalloping to diagnose it (can scalloping be anything else) but im just trying to make sure its nothing else i meen ontop of the fact that im gluten sensative, causing the problems- thats why the doctor he thinks i am gluten sensative but he also thinks i have chrons or ulceritive colitis on top of it, since he does not think the diet is working for me but since he wont let me talk to him or contact me he does not know that i am slightly improving

You are making progress whether you realize it or not. It takes some people months to improve on a gluten-free diet....and it can take even longer than that to receive a diagnosis of whatever is wrong. Just try to be patient until you receive your parasite test results. That might tell you something. Doctor's hardly ever give us a definitive answer right away, so you might just have to wait it out. Even if your doctor isn't the nicest most personable guy (sounds like he isn't), it's great that he even knows about gluten intolerance. Most doctors won't acknowledge it.

While you're waitng for your test results, continue to be proactive about researching and learning about all this. That's probably the best thing you can do.

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi Lister--I think it might be time for you to get a second opinion. I say that beacuse it looks like this is as far as this doctor is going to go with you. Also, the diet takes time--I'm a year out and am just starting to really feel better. There were times in the last year when I felt well, but it didn't always last long. It can be a slow process--it's true that some people will go gluten-free and feel better almost right away--and continue to improve. But that is just not always the case. There are a lot of things that can cause symptoms--like other food intolerances or even the healing process itself. I really care and hope you can relax a little. Please don't think I'm picking on you or anything :)

Lister Rising Star

yeah i just hope he keeps doing the right thing, because if he does not my parents already want to sue the pants off of him. Since on my first visit he gave me a false dianoses and sent me home. he took some x-rays and tuched my stomic and said You have gadiverticulitis just dont eat seeds for a while and they should start to heal themself and here are some antiboitics to take for a week, after taking the antiboitics i did not get better and infact ended up in the ER the week afterwerds, in the ER i told them that i have gadiverticulitis so they wanted to make sure none of the pockets rupsherd so they sent me into the catscan(hmm catscan huh this is the only test that can even test for gadiverticulitis by the way) and they did not find anything including no gadiverticulitis, so they couldnt figure out what was wrong and sent me home, the very next day of course the doctor called me and wanted to see me and even gave me a free visit (he knew he did something wrong by telling me i had something without properly testing for it) and that is when he said i probably have IBS but i may have celiac so he said he would order the blood panel-came back negative and gave me some meds-for free for IBS, i never took the meds because it seriusly had a list of 1000 sideeffects including blured vision and at that current point my vision was already blurred. and so on and so on until i am at the point where i am now. I still have those meds maby i should try to take one dont know though. but yeah so he knew he messed up and i could sew his arse

im gonna wait it out until my parasite tests come back and see what he says and if he still does not listen to anything i say then i will probably switch doctors at that point. I called his office today waiting for a call back- i want another hemocult card because i think these coffe ground things are blood wether he wants to belive me or not its my money i dont see why he cares if i want to do it again

ravenwoodglass Mentor
One thing i dont understand is- these burning pains i get like my stomic will burn and then gurgle a whole bunch, but i can contain them as long as the seconed one starts to happen i eat something if i dont they will continue until i do, now this would normaly not be a problem and i would ride it off as hunger but they seem to happen every 2 hours now no matter how big of a lunch i have i will still growl 2 hours later if i dont eat something its wierd i feel like im eating for 2

The hunger may be your body healing and saying it wants more nutrients. It is not harmful to grab a healthy gluten-free snack when this happens. I still get bad stomach pains sometimes like you describe what helps me the most is good old Pepto Bismal. It amazes me how quickly it gives relief. It may not help you but anything its worth trying, just be forwarned that pepto will make your stools very dark this is normal and not anything to worry about.

Guest nini

first of all RELAX!

second, you are lucky to have a Dr. that recognizes the EARLY stages of Celiac/Gluten Intolerance and that you have been correctly dx'ed before you got really really sick.

third, give the diet a chance. It took a good 6 months before I even started to feel better, and three years into it I'm still not 100%.

fourth, IF you have any of those other things (which I highly doubt) don't worry about them right now. Let the gluten-free diet do it's work for a while and then if AT LEAST six months down the road you aren't seeing ANY improvement, then the Dr.s can look for other things, and you don't have to go off of the gluten-free diet for them to investigate. But I seriously doubt you have cancer, you haven't been sick THAT long.

Last, RELAX (again)

Lister Rising Star

i am relaxed i dont really care anymore lol. He wants to do the colonoscopy next month on my fricking birthday of all days, should i tell him to wait on it and see if keep improving?? or should i just do it anyways?

Lister Rising Star

YAY finally the doctor called me i did not call him woohooo. I finally had a good phone conversation with him and he finally explained alot and gave me lots of reasuring proof/words. i will probably go into detail later but my drunk 50 year old friend just showed up and got me really retarted and i think typing would be a litle messed up

Guest nini
i am relaxed i dont really care anymore lol. He wants to do the colonoscopy next month on my fricking birthday of all days, should i tell him to wait on it and see if keep improving?? or should i just do it anyways?

since you've said you don't have health insurance, I'd tell the dr. to just wait... jmho

Archived