No replies to this topic

#1 Mghunter

Mghunter

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 02:06 PM

I was recently out of town and had a hard time finding some place to safely eat. I would have appreciated some help with finding restaurants, so I thought I would post this for anyone visiting the Denver area.

I live in downtown Denver and here are the places I eat frequently; The Avenue Grill, located on E 17th Ave. between Pearl and Washington. The staff is extremely helpful and very friendly. Tommy's Thai on Colfax, they will make dishes with fish sauce (as opposed to soy sauce) and thread-bean noodles. Mongolian B-bque on Wazee, they will steam your dish as opposed to cooking it on the grill with everyone else's. (Just tell them you have food allergies and they will take it to the back to a clean steamer and deliver it to your table.) Dozens (Cherokee and 13th) has an outstanding breakfast (my favorite and hardest meal to eat out safely!) as long as you order the egg dishes that are made in their own dish (do not order ham or bacon on the side as they are cooked on the grill) and make sure you tell them no bread.

I have yet to get sick at any of the above, I eat at all of them frequently.
As a side note, if your looking for an outstanding brunch on the weekend, for a special occasion (pricey) try Cafe Vendome. It is delicious and the wait/kitchen staff is very helpful when ordering any dish. It is a french bistro located on Larimer square (near Lime.)

Michele H

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: