Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Malibu Rum

11 posts in this topic

Hi! Summer is here in California and I sometimes enjoy a mixed drink. Can any of you nice Canadian folk tell me if Malibu Rum is gluten free? I noticed on the bottle it read it is a product of Canada. If anyone knows please reply.

Thanks, Chuot

Ads by Google:

I checked the website, but it was no help...

I have seen it on the gluten free alcholic beverage lists on Celiac.com.....however I don't drink it because I have gotten sick when I drank it previously, however that was before I was diagnosed officially so I didnt know much and had a lot of other things in my system as well.....

Just a thought, but, if you ordered a malibu drink at a bar chances are they used a fountain soda which is not gluten free, or a gluten filled juice.

Wait a minute, fountain sodas aren't gluten free????

Other than some root beers, I can't think of a soft drink that isn't gluten-free.

richard

can you verify it's a gluten-free soda?

The amount of syrup put in shouldn't determine whether it's gluten-free or not, either it is or it isn't right? The ingredients in Coke syrup is the same whether it's a TBSP or a gallon, correct?

any name brand pop such as coke or pepsi is the same weather it comes from the fountain or from the can or 2 liter or whatever.

-Jessica :rolleyes:

any name brand pop such as coke or pepsi is the same weather it comes from the fountain or from the can or 2 liter or whatever.

Exactly -- the fact that it's a fountain soda makes no difference. As long as you can verify that it is truly Pepsi or Coke, and not some supermarket Cola, you're fine. And, how do we even know that those aren't gluten-free; after all, there's no phone number to call.

Of course I can't guarantee every cola out there is gluten-free, but even the cheap ones I've called about in the past have been gluten-free. In the scheme of things celiac, cola is just one I don't worry about.

richard