6 replies to this topic

#1 Jennhaz

Jennhaz

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 11:33 AM

Ok sorry abot all these questions but trying to figure this all out. Dinty Moore Beef Stew I got from a gluten free list on internet website www.bayareaceliacs.org but when I went to store to buy it I read the label and it said it had Modified food starch. I thought we were not to have anything that says this? I do know one thing though thank God for Hersheys, I love my chocolate :D ..Jenn

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Guest_nini_*

Guest_nini_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2006 - 11:34 AM

Modified Food Starch if made in the US is always from corn, it is one of those things where you should check with the manufacturer when in doubt. But I do know that Dinty Moore Beef Stew is safe. I eat it every so often and my daughter likes it too.

#3 mamaw

mamaw

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 11:40 AM

The beef stew is okay but remember the chicken stew is not..... That seems so stupid that one is gluten-free and the other not.....

#4 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 05:26 PM

I know the beefstew is ok:)
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Gluten-free since January 2004
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

#5 blueeyedmanda

blueeyedmanda

York Fair 2009

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 04:23 AM

I am glad to hear this, I bought a beef stew on Sunday and I packed it for lunch today...I carefully opened this message to be relieved to see it is gluten free. Now I feel better about making it. Thanks Guys!
~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

Posted Image

#6 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,791 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 05:46 AM

Ok sorry abot all these questions but trying to figure this all out. Dinty Moore Beef Stew I got from a gluten free list on internet website www.bayareaceliacs.org but when I went to store to buy it I read the label and it said it had Modified food starch. I thought we were not to have anything that says this? I do know one thing though thank God for Hersheys, I love my chocolate :D ..Jenn

The modified food starch in this is potato starch, last I checked their scalloped potatoes and ham was gluten-free also but call first as I haven't checked that in a while. If you call the company they will send you a list of gluten-free products and coupons. Now if someone would just make a boxed gluten-free scalloped or augratin potato I'd be real happy.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#7 blueeyedmanda

blueeyedmanda

York Fair 2009

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 06:15 AM

or gluten free mozzerella sticks too....and wraps like Hot Pockets....yum!
~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: