Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Dinty Moore

7 posts in this topic

Ok sorry abot all these questions but trying to figure this all out. Dinty Moore Beef Stew I got from a gluten free list on internet website www.bayareaceliacs.org but when I went to store to buy it I read the label and it said it had Modified food starch. I thought we were not to have anything that says this? I do know one thing though thank God for Hersheys, I love my chocolate :D ..Jenn

Ads by Google:

Modified Food Starch if made in the US is always from corn, it is one of those things where you should check with the manufacturer when in doubt. But I do know that Dinty Moore Beef Stew is safe. I eat it every so often and my daughter likes it too.

The beef stew is okay but remember the chicken stew is not..... That seems so stupid that one is gluten-free and the other not.....

I know the beefstew is ok:)

I am glad to hear this, I bought a beef stew on Sunday and I packed it for lunch today...I carefully opened this message to be relieved to see it is gluten free. Now I feel better about making it. Thanks Guys!

Ok sorry abot all these questions but trying to figure this all out. Dinty Moore Beef Stew I got from a gluten free list on internet website www.bayareaceliacs.org but when I went to store to buy it I read the label and it said it had Modified food starch. I thought we were not to have anything that says this? I do know one thing though thank God for Hersheys, I love my chocolate :D ..Jenn

The modified food starch in this is potato starch, last I checked their scalloped potatoes and ham was gluten-free also but call first as I haven't checked that in a while. If you call the company they will send you a list of gluten-free products and coupons. Now if someone would just make a boxed gluten-free scalloped or augratin potato I'd be real happy.

or gluten free mozzerella sticks too....and wraps like Hot Pockets....yum!