Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Regular Sugar?

6 posts in this topic

Is plain, granulated white sugar gluten-free?

I've a product listing that lists brands I've never heard of, as if some might have gluten. Is that right? Or should I just assume that they are all okay? This listing actually listed some gluten-free wines too, but I know all regular grape wines are ok....

...wierd.

just wanted to double check since I'm making my own salad dressing tomorrow.

Thanks!

donna

Ads by Google:

C&H Sugars are gluten-free.

I know in some of the other brands of brown sugars especially they add "natural colorings and natural flavorings to make it brown".

-Jessica :rolleyes:

C&H is a brand name? I've never heard of it. Domino is a popular brand here, but I don't know if they are gluten-free.

C & H is one of the largest brands in the US and probably one of the oldest. Been around for 90 years their website says! ha http://www.candhsugarcompany.com/

Maybe somebody else knows about Domino....I always use C & H :D

-Jessica

All Domino sugar is fine. All sugar I've ever checked has been fine. I don't even check sugar any more. Years ago CSA told people that brown sugar could have gluten but that appears to be nothing more than a celiac urban myth.

richard

be careful with powdered sugar.. some has things in it that might be gluten... most has cornstarch which is fine though... I make icing and decorate cakes, and the ones made with the alternative ingredients don't work as well in icings either... the cornstarch is preferred by most bakers anyway!