2 replies to this topic

#1 khyricat

khyricat

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 03:30 PM

I asked at my favorite mexican restaurant today.. I was picking up lunch for my husband Bill and I, but am not gluten-free yet (doc asked me to wait on test results). Anyway- there wasn't anyone there for lunch at the moment, and the guy at the counter walked back to check if they had gluten free tortilla's for me. The wife of the owner (who was managing that restaurant for the day) came out to talk to me.

She wanted to know if I was asking because of Celiac's. Her sister and her daughters best friend were both just diagnosed, and they are planning ot set up a gluten-free menu. The corn tortilla's they use in their fajita's are already gluten free, so they figure they can offer menu choices prepared with those. She even knew about contamination issues and was looking into ways to avoid that happening.

I was warned it will be a few weeks, but since I know there are other SE MI gluten-free people, I wanted you to know we'll have a yummy mexican food option. They have 3 locations in Ann Arbor now- on Washtenaw near Hewitt, downtown on Huron st, and at Ellsworth and Stone School roads.

Amie in MI

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 dianne

dianne

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 06:48 AM

khricat,

What is the name of that restaurant? It sounds great. Please keep us posted. I live near Detroit, so I sometimes get out that way. :D

Dianne

#3 khyricat

khyricat

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 03:30 AM

Tio's. there are 3 in the ann arbor area- one on huron downtown, one at washtenaw near hewitt and one in the shopping center at the corner of ellsworth and stone school roads.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: