- - - - -

Chronic Sore In Right Nostril

• Please log in to reply

23 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_BERNESES_*

Guest_BERNESES_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2006 - 08:13 PM

for I would say the last 6 weeks I have had this painful sore in my right nostril off and on. It's dry and caked in there (sorry- this is gross but what the hey- we've talked about worse stuff on here) and it bleeds when I try to remove any crust. But i can't see anything in there! even with a flashlight.

I don't have sores in my mouth or anywhere else, just the right nostril although the left nostril gets tender sometime. ????????? :huh:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 trents

trents

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 08:24 PM

for I would say the last 6 weeks I have had this painful sore in my right nostril off and on. It's dry and caked in there (sorry- this is gross but what the hey- we've talked about worse stuff on here) and it bleeds when I try to remove any crust. But i can't see anything in there! even with a flashlight.

I don't have sores in my mouth or anywhere else, just the right nostril although the left nostril gets tender sometime. ????????? :huh:

Go see an ENT doc. Sores that don't heal can be carcenomas. I had one on my cheek several years ago that would almost heal and then break open again. It was a basil cell carcenoma. Got it cut out. No more problems.

Steve

#3 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 03:59 AM

Hi Bev--Getting it checked out is not a bad idea, but I get these from time to time. I'm not sure what causes it, but I will get exactly what you describe, usually in my right nostril. I do have a lot of nasal allergy problems, and blow my nose a lot at times. What I do if it's uncomfortable (and I think it helps it heal faster) is use a saline spray several times a day. Really spray a lot of it up in there--until it runs back out (don't inhale)--and do it over a sink! ;)
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#4 penguin

penguin

Chelsea

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 05:20 AM

Hi Bev--Getting it checked out is not a bad idea, but I get these from time to time. I'm not sure what causes it, but I will get exactly what you describe, usually in my right nostril. I do have a lot of nasal allergy problems, and blow my nose a lot at times. What I do if it's uncomfortable (and I think it helps it heal faster) is use a saline spray several times a day. Really spray a lot of it up in there--until it runs back out (don't inhale)--and do it over a sink! ;)

Ahh...nothing quite like nasal irrigation! I had my adenoids out and sinuses widened and I had to do salt water irrigations with a BULB SYRINGE!! Yuck!

I've gotten those on the inside of my nose before, too and they lasted forever. I figured it was an ingrown nasal hair or something, it eventually went away.

But until then, they hurt like hell! :ph34r:
Alright, don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy
We'll all float on, alright
Well we'll float on good news is on the way...

#5 TCA

TCA

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 05:32 AM

I get them too, also an allergy sufferer. I know it sounds crazy, but I started putting carmex on one and it worked. Burns a little, bu heals it right up. I've done the saline thing too, but got better results from carmex. I figured if it worked so good on chapped lips it had to work on chapped other things! :P
If you're looking for info on how to get started on the gluten-free diet, check out this List for Newly Diagnosed.
Self - Pain free since going gluten-free 9/05 (suffered from unexplained joint pain entire life), asthma improving, allergies improving, mysterious rash disappeared (probably DH)
Husband - Type 1 diabetic, Negative bloodwork
Son - Elevated IgA, Very high IgG, 2 negative biopsies - HLA DQ2 and DQ8 positive, Amazing dietary response since 1/06
Daughter - Congenital Heart Defect (2 surgeries), Reflux, choking issues, eczema, egg allergy - HLA DQ2 positive, Good dietary response (via me because of nursing) since 9/05
"All things happen for good for those who love God..." Romans 8:28

#6 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 05:33 AM

Ahh...nothing quite like nasal irrigation! I had my adenoids out and sinuses widened and I had to do salt water irrigations with a BULB SYRINGE!! Yuck!

I've gotten those on the inside of my nose before, too and they lasted forever. I figured it was an ingrown nasal hair or something, it eventually went away.

But until then, they hurt like hell! :ph34r:

Yes! Actually, I do the irrigation with the bulb, too. I make my own solution with warm water, salt and a pinch of baking soda. I use an ear syringe--is that what you use? Nothing clears out the old airway like a flush of salt water :D

Who's the little one in the picture?
Patti

#7 penguin

penguin

Chelsea

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 06:27 AM

Yes! Actually, I do the irrigation with the bulb, too. I make my own solution with warm water, salt and a pinch of baking soda. I use an ear syringe--is that what you use? Nothing clears out the old airway like a flush of salt water :D

Who's the little one in the picture?

Yes, about the ear syringe. Like the blue ones you use for babies. I did that exactly once, and it was so gross that I couldn't do it again. It was especially nasty because I had burned off pieces of skin and bone com out from the caudery work. Ewwww!!!

The little one is my littlest neice, in a rare cuddling moment :) It was taken at Christmas, in Syracuse, conicidentally :P
Alright, don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy
We'll all float on, alright
Well we'll float on good news is on the way...

#8 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 06:43 AM

Very cute :)
Patti

#9 DingoGirl

DingoGirl

my babies ♥

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,645 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 08:07 AM

Hi Beverly, I've had these sores during very dry winters, and they lasted weeks....I used Neosporine, slathered it up there w/ a Q Tip every day and night, and they went away within days.
SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

#10 rachellek

rachellek

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 08:18 AM

Hi, have you tried tea tree oil? I get sores in my nose and I use a few drops of olive oil and one drop of tea tree oil mixed in a cup. Dip a qtip in it and rub it all in your nose. It's quite stinky and may sting for a second but it'll clear it up in a day. Tea Tree oil is my magic cure for everything. Too bad it can't cure celiac!
Rachelle

#11 Guest_nini_*

Guest_nini_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2006 - 11:13 AM

I get those every so often when my seasonal sinus allergies are really acting up. I've used everything from saline, to neosporin, to carmex, to vaseline... I think vaseline worked the best for me... still very very freakin painful tho

#12 Guest_BERNESES_*

Guest_BERNESES_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2006 - 01:07 PM

Thanks everyone! I got some saline spray and moistirizing ointment today so I'm going to try that and see how it goes. I've tried Neosporin before too and it worked so I might give that another shot. If it doesn't clear up by Monday I will definitely get it checked out.

You should have seen me trying to look up my nose last night in the dark with a flashlight to see what was up there! i couldn't see anything, but my husband walked by and said, "I am not even going to ask!" :P

#13 turtle and sand

turtle and sand

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 03:09 PM

ive had the same thing for a month but i also just became a groomer a month ago to i love my job i have often wondered if i developed an allergy to animals but i have worked with them for a year the other thing is 2 mths ago i moved from one state to another and sneezed everyday since maybe i need to adjust i am trying the carmex thing it seems to dry it up but then it makes my nose bleed i know i should go to an ent but im new to the area and i need to find one

#14 Guest_BERNESES_*

Guest_BERNESES_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2006 - 04:37 PM

The Neosporin cleared it up nicely- you might want to try that. I hope you're not allergic to animals! That would be so sad. :(

#15 turtle and sand

turtle and sand

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 06:09 PM

The Neosporin cleared it up nicely- you might want to try that. I hope you're not allergic to animals! That would be so sad. :(

yes it would cuz i love my job i also ope im not allergic to NY

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: