This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Chronic Sore In Right Nostril

Guest BERNESES

Guest BERNESES

for I would say the last 6 weeks I have had this painful sore in my right nostril off and on. It's dry and caked in there (sorry- this is gross but what the hey- we've talked about worse stuff on here) and it bleeds when I try to remove any crust. But i can't see anything in there! even with a flashlight.

I don't have sores in my mouth or anywhere else, just the right nostril although the left nostril gets tender sometime. ????????? :huh:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

trents Grand Master
for I would say the last 6 weeks I have had this painful sore in my right nostril off and on. It's dry and caked in there (sorry- this is gross but what the hey- we've talked about worse stuff on here) and it bleeds when I try to remove any crust. But i can't see anything in there! even with a flashlight.

I don't have sores in my mouth or anywhere else, just the right nostril although the left nostril gets tender sometime. ????????? :huh:

Go see an ENT doc. Sores that don't heal can be carcenomas. I had one on my cheek several years ago that would almost heal and then break open again. It was a basil cell carcenoma. Got it cut out. No more problems.

Steve

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi Bev--Getting it checked out is not a bad idea, but I get these from time to time. I'm not sure what causes it, but I will get exactly what you describe, usually in my right nostril. I do have a lot of nasal allergy problems, and blow my nose a lot at times. What I do if it's uncomfortable (and I think it helps it heal faster) is use a saline spray several times a day. Really spray a lot of it up in there--until it runs back out (don't inhale)--and do it over a sink! ;)

penguin Community Regular
Hi Bev--Getting it checked out is not a bad idea, but I get these from time to time. I'm not sure what causes it, but I will get exactly what you describe, usually in my right nostril. I do have a lot of nasal allergy problems, and blow my nose a lot at times. What I do if it's uncomfortable (and I think it helps it heal faster) is use a saline spray several times a day. Really spray a lot of it up in there--until it runs back out (don't inhale)--and do it over a sink! ;)

Ahh...nothing quite like nasal irrigation! I had my adenoids out and sinuses widened and I had to do salt water irrigations with a BULB SYRINGE!! Yuck!

I've gotten those on the inside of my nose before, too and they lasted forever. I figured it was an ingrown nasal hair or something, it eventually went away.

But until then, they hurt like hell! :ph34r:

TCA Contributor

I get them too, also an allergy sufferer. I know it sounds crazy, but I started putting carmex on one and it worked. Burns a little, bu heals it right up. I've done the saline thing too, but got better results from carmex. I figured if it worked so good on chapped lips it had to work on chapped other things! :P

jerseyangel Proficient
Ahh...nothing quite like nasal irrigation! I had my adenoids out and sinuses widened and I had to do salt water irrigations with a BULB SYRINGE!! Yuck!

I've gotten those on the inside of my nose before, too and they lasted forever. I figured it was an ingrown nasal hair or something, it eventually went away.

But until then, they hurt like hell! :ph34r:

Yes! Actually, I do the irrigation with the bulb, too. I make my own solution with warm water, salt and a pinch of baking soda. I use an ear syringe--is that what you use? Nothing clears out the old airway like a flush of salt water :D

Who's the little one in the picture?

penguin Community Regular
Yes! Actually, I do the irrigation with the bulb, too. I make my own solution with warm water, salt and a pinch of baking soda. I use an ear syringe--is that what you use? Nothing clears out the old airway like a flush of salt water :D

Who's the little one in the picture?

Yes, about the ear syringe. Like the blue ones you use for babies. I did that exactly once, and it was so gross that I couldn't do it again. It was especially nasty because I had burned off pieces of skin and bone com out from the caudery work. Ewwww!!!

The little one is my littlest neice, in a rare cuddling moment :) It was taken at Christmas, in Syracuse, conicidentally :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

Very cute :)

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Hi Beverly, I've had these sores during very dry winters, and they lasted weeks....I used Neosporine, slathered it up there w/ a Q Tip every day and night, and they went away within days.

rachellek Rookie

Hi, have you tried tea tree oil? I get sores in my nose and I use a few drops of olive oil and one drop of tea tree oil mixed in a cup. Dip a qtip in it and rub it all in your nose. It's quite stinky and may sting for a second but it'll clear it up in a day. Tea Tree oil is my magic cure for everything. Too bad it can't cure celiac!

Rachelle

Guest nini

I get those every so often when my seasonal sinus allergies are really acting up. I've used everything from saline, to neosporin, to carmex, to vaseline... I think vaseline worked the best for me... still very very freakin painful tho

Guest BERNESES

Thanks everyone! I got some saline spray and moistirizing ointment today so I'm going to try that and see how it goes. I've tried Neosporin before too and it worked so I might give that another shot. If it doesn't clear up by Monday I will definitely get it checked out.

You should have seen me trying to look up my nose last night in the dark with a flashlight to see what was up there! i couldn't see anything, but my husband walked by and said, "I am not even going to ask!" :P

turtle and sand Newbie

ive had the same thing for a month but i also just became a groomer a month ago to i love my job i have often wondered if i developed an allergy to animals but i have worked with them for a year the other thing is 2 mths ago i moved from one state to another and sneezed everyday since maybe i need to adjust i am trying the carmex thing it seems to dry it up but then it makes my nose bleed i know i should go to an ent but im new to the area and i need to find one

Guest BERNESES

The Neosporin cleared it up nicely- you might want to try that. I hope you're not allergic to animals! That would be so sad. :(

turtle and sand Newbie
The Neosporin cleared it up nicely- you might want to try that. I hope you're not allergic to animals! That would be so sad. :(

yes it would cuz i love my job i also ope im not allergic to NY

Guest Robbin
:) Hi, yes, I get that lovely nose sore thing too, but have noticed that it usually coincides with allergies (dust, pollen), and anytime I accidentally eat something with milk products in it. One really weird thing (of many, many weird things :blink: ) I got one time was strep-NOSE!!! I had a bad case of flu and picked up a strep infection in my nose on top of it. I had blistery, sores that crusted over and the whole nose swelled up like a clown. Ugh. I agree you should probably get it checked out . Thank God you are all out there, I thought for years that I was just some mutant :)
turtle and sand Newbie
:) Hi, yes, I get that lovely nose sore thing too, but have noticed that it usually coincides with allergies (dust, pollen), and anytime I accidentally eat something with milk products in it. One really weird thing (of many, many weird things :blink: ) I got one time was strep-NOSE!!! I had a bad case of flu and picked up a strep infection in my nose on top of it. I had blistery, sores that crusted over and the whole nose swelled up like a clown. Ugh. I agree you should probably get it checked out . Thank God you are all out there, I thought for years that I was just some mutant :)

i thought i was thed only one 2 but todayi was thinkin maybe it is hair splinters from dog hair cuz when i groom it goes every where im gona try the neosporin tomorrow i need to get some

Guest BERNESES
Thank God you are all out there, I thought for years that I was just some mutant :)

Ouch! strep NOSE? geez... No i am definitely a mutant too :ph34r::P

eKatherine Rookie

My nasal membranes have been sore until just about the time I gave up milk products, now that I think about it.

turtle and sand Newbie
My nasal membranes have been sore until just about the time I gave up milk products, now that I think about it.

i dunno if i could give up milk products but it would be better then givin up grooming i guess but i just love icecream ...im trying the neosporin today hope it helps

plantime Contributor

If you think the grooming is causing it, try wearing one of those face masks you can get at the hardware store.

I never got those sores until I tried Nasacort for my allergies. Now I get them all the time, so I quit using the Nasacort. I use antibiotic cream and warm salt water for them. Clean them and cream them!

turtle and sand Newbie

i have started the mask thing but the groom shop is so hot that i cant stand the mask on but im kinda sure its no t the grooming .... that babys o to cute ......i started neosporin yesterday im starting to notice a diffrence

• 2 weeks later...
turtle and sand Newbie
i have started the mask thing but the groom shop is so hot that i cant stand the mask on but im kinda sure its no t the grooming .... that babys o to cute ......i started neosporin yesterday im starting to notice a diffrence

anyone get the sores cleared up then have it come back a week later??

:(

• 1 month later...
azmom3 Contributor

I know this is an old post, but if you're reading...I get these too...always figured it was related to seasonal allergies. It hurts to even touch your nose or blow it and they last several weeks. I found an OTC saline GEL that you can put on it with a q-tip. It keeps it moisturized much longer than saline spray and it's so convenient and comfortable. Also, I was told never ever to use vaseline in the nose because you could accidentally aspirate it into your lungs...probably the same for carmex. I used to use vaseline until I heard this and the gel works just as good, but safer.

Archived