8 replies to this topic

#1 EddieJP125

EddieJP125

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 09:14 AM

Hi just found out 2 weeks ago that i have celiac disease...
last nite i began have some pain at the upper right quadrant(underneath the right ribs)...was wondering if this have anything to do with havin celiac.
i'm havin my biopsy and colonscopy, this week so would like to know what is goin on now.
thankx

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Guest_jhmom_*

Guest_jhmom_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2004 - 03:56 PM

I have the same pain and my doctors are not sure what it is from.... you should mention it to your doctor to see what he/she says.

#3 dana_g

dana_g

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 06:38 AM

I have the same pain and my liver panel was normal. I'm waiting for my referral for my new GI to go through. I let you know if anything comes of it.
Gloriously gluten-free--Dana

#4 EddieJP125

EddieJP125

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 07:05 AM

i acutally asked my dr. wat it could be from or was it related to having celiac...and all he said was, maybe?...
so i'm goin to have to rely on you guys for some help...

#5 hapi2bgf

hapi2bgf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 07:39 AM

All of you may want to ask about your gallbladders. They can do a nuclear medicine study that tracks the emptying of the gallbladder. I had to have an emptying study on my stomach and gallbladder prior to the celiac diagnosis. I had the upper right quadrant pain right around and under the ribs. I had my gallbladder removed as a result of the tests and I am sooooo happy! My stomach also does not work well, but it is better after the gluten-free diet.

Your gallbladder is one of those organs that is not really needed, if you are having problems with it. Four small scars and the pain is gone. E-mail if you want more info.

Good luck

#6 angel_jd1

angel_jd1

Gluten Free Goddess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 08:07 AM

I really do not recommed the neuclear medicine test if you do not REALLY need to have it. It is pure TORTURE!!!
I had this test before my diagnosis. They thought that my gall bladder probably needed to come out (wasn't the gall bladder it was Celiac Disease).

For the study you are injected with this radioactive dye stuff. THEN here comes the TORTURE...you must lay COMPLETELY still for 3 hours underneath this machine that is pressed up against your stomach that takes constant pictures of the dye. You get a 5 min break in the middle to drink some fatty milk and eat a cookie(yep good idea for people with celiac). Then it's straight back to laying on a cold hard metal table for the rest of your 3 hours. TORTURE I tell you!! Not even able to scratch your nose!! I do not recomend it at all!! Be VERY sure it is necessary before you do it.

-Jessica :rolleyes:
Jessica
Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!
Kansas

#7 dana_g

dana_g

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 05:45 PM

I think it may be related to my gall bladder, too. Can you have normal liver function and still have problems with your gall bladder? What I've read about gall bladder disease seems to fit my situation but I'm not clear how the two are related as far as making a dx is concerned.
Gloriously gluten-free--Dana

#8 Guest_jhmom_*

Guest_jhmom_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2004 - 06:23 PM

I have had my gall bladder checked through ultrasound and it was ok. I think my problem is inflammation of my soft cartaledge around my ribs because the pain improved after being on an anti-inflammatory medication, of course my pain was on both sides and I am being checked and treated for Lupus which is an inflammatory disease!

I only suggested to see your doctor because I didn't want to scare the daylights out of you :D

#9 plantime

plantime

My two handsome grandsons

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 09:07 AM

I had a sonogram of my liver and gall bladder this past week. It was painless, and showed the tech whether or not I had gall stones. (I had none, thank God!) The funny thing is, that it did show that my intestines were inflamed in that section. The doctor had told me that "all tests" came back negative, and that I "do not have a gluten problem", so I ate a sandwich the day before the sonogram. No gluten=feel great, gluten=inflamed intestines. DUH! I do have a problem with gluten! I'll be getting Dr. Fine's test this summer. What I'm getting at, is the pain in the upper right side under the ribs could very well be caused by an irritated or inflamed intestine. Good luck at figuring it out.
Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: