Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Kellogg's Pops

10 posts in this topic

Now I have only been doing this for a month now and my eye for labels isnt right just yet. So I am asking first. Does anyone know if Pops are safe?

Ads by Google:

Nope, as of the 1st of the year they added wheat to the ingredient list.

-Jessica :rolleyes:

I wrote to Kellogg's and they told me that at this time none of their cereals are safe for a gluten-free diet, as all of them either contain wheat, barley, or malt flavoring. Sorry... :unsure:

thank you for the bad news. Any other common rice or corn cereals safe?

The common corn and rice cereals (Post, Kellog, companies like that) ALL have malt flavoring.

richard

Maltomeal'ss cocoa dynobites, fruity dynobites, and corn bursts (like pops) are gluten-free. You can usually find those in regular grocery stores in bags.

Mel

Actually Richard you are mistaken. Post Fruity Pebbles and Post Coco Pebbles are both gluten-free.

-Jessica :rolleyes:

I was thinking of plain rice and corn type cereals, not bowls of sugar like Fruity Pebbles. I should have been more specific.

richard

Fruity and Cocoa Pebbles are 100 % safe for gluten-free diet!

Vicki :)

P.S. Richard, unless you shop in your nearest health food store for cereal, there are no cereals, available in grocery stores, except for the two listed above, that are 100 % safe. :)

P.S. Richard, unless you shop in your nearest health food store for cereal, there are no cereals, available in grocery stores, except for the two listed above, that are 100 % safe. :)

Can you believe that my regular old supermarket(Shop Rite) carries 4 different gluten-free Cereals!!(EnviroKids) They also have most of the Tinkyada pastsa, Glutano Pretzels, a few varieties of Pamela's Cookies, About 6 or more different Bob's Red Mill gluten-free products(Hot Cereals, baking mix, bread mixes etc), gluten-free crackers, 2 different gluten-free "bread" crumbs, gluten-free Van's Blueberry Waffles...... I could go on and on :)

I still have to get my bread from health food stores or right from Kinnikinnick because Shop Rite stocks the yucky kind in the freezer section. But still - I think that's an impressive selection for a grocery store :)