5 replies to this topic

#1 judy05

judy05

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 08:56 PM

I've been glutened at least twice by Planter's Trail Mix. I looked at the ingredients and could not find any wheat (except for one that I didn't eat). Am I missing something? I thought I read on one of the list that they are gluten free. Please help, I have terrible pain in my right knee which usually means I have had some hidden gluten. Thanks...

The one resolution, which was in my mind long before it took the form of a resolution, is the key-note of my life. It is this,always to regard as mere impertinences of fate the handicaps which were placed on my life almost at the beginning. I resolved that they should not crush or dwarf my soul, but rather be made to blossom, like Aaron's rod, with flowers-Helen Keller

Judy- Gluten Intolerant

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Carriefaith

Carriefaith

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 09:02 AM

I have eaten planter's trail mix and didn't notice any major reactions. They should be gluten-free, but cross contamination is always possible.
Carrie Faith

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease in March 2004
Postitive tTg Blood Test, December 2003
Positive Biopsy, March 3, 2004

#3 kkersch

kkersch

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 02:46 PM

I too have eaten the Planter's Trail Mix with no problems - just yesterday as a matter of fact. I looked at the ingreidants and didn't see anything that would be causing the reaction. Isn't that frustrating!!

I've been glutened at least twice by Planter's Trail Mix. I looked at the ingredients and could not find any wheat (except for one that I didn't eat). Am I missing something? I thought I read on one of the list that they are gluten free. Please help, I have terrible pain in my right knee which usually means I have had some hidden gluten. Thanks...

#4 mcsteffi

mcsteffi

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 04:27 PM

My husband bought a bag from a gas station a while back and we noticed it had wheat listed in the chocolate pieces.

#5 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,802 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 05:12 PM

Why don't you try to make some of you own:

Peanuts
Rasins
Almonds
M&M's
Dried Cranberries
Sun Flower seeds

or whatever you love....

Lisa
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#6 LKelly8

LKelly8

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 06:23 PM

From the Wheaton gluten-free Support Group mainstream product listing:

"Planters: Nuts (roasted & salted only; no "flavors" except Honey Roasted); Trail Mix
Caramel Nut Crunch; cheez balls, cheez curls."

I believe I've been gluten by Planter's nut/seed mix so now I make my own.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: