Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Massachusetts And New Hampshire

14 posts in this topic

I will throw a date out there and see if it works for you. If not, just reply with another possible day. Lets see if we can make this work.

June 9th?

Ads by Google:
I will throw a date out there and see if it works for you. If not, just reply with another possible day. Lets see if we can make this work.

June 9th?

works for me!

Ok, just bumping this up.

We're 2 so far...common, we need a few more!!

It most likely will be Dinner at Legal Seafoods i would say 6ish in Burlington, MA.

I would love to join, although I can't committ just yet. My good friend who moved to Florida last September is back home that weekend for the first time since she left (and I have not been to visit yet!). So I am not sure what the plan will be and if I will be doing something w/ her that evening...

I will let you know next week if that is ok!

i can't make it :( I start a big week-long exam that day. Any time after June 16th I can do. Would love to meet up!

I live in Maine, but getting down to Boston on a Friday would be kind of hard for me until school lets out.

Ok, let's try this...

JULY 7TH?

Would you rather meet in New Hampshire? It's half way between maine and mass?

You New Hampshiriens know of any good places?...in Manchester maybe?

Oh for gosh sake's- I am a PITA- July 7th is my sister's birthday.

Depends where in Maine you are. I live in Portsmouth NH which is about an hour from Boston (but traffic going through the Hampton Tolls is bad on a Friday). We have GREAT restaurants like Radici which is italian but I have never once had a problem with them. Most of the restaurants here are very accomodating.

Hmmm... could anyone do a Thursday. Like Thursday July 6th? I'll just throw it out there.

I'll be changing jobs in 3 weeks..I'll be with a temp agency so i'm not quite sure what i'll be doing. I guess we'll give it a little more time.

I live in Southern Maine. Do you have ezpass? The tollbooths are a heck of a lot better if you can jump right past everybody waiting in line for change. I usually take the commuter rail to Boston rather than drive.

Oh I meant the traffic was bad going through the tolls from Bboston into NH and ME because everyone wnts to come see us! :P

Hello everyone,

I don't actually live in your area, so I probably wouldn't be able to get together for a meal (I'm in PA right now), but my family does have a cottage in York Beach, ME and I'm going to be there for the next week. When we're there I spend a lot of time in Portsmouth, Kennebunkport, Perkin's Cove, Ogunquit, etc. I haven't been back there since going gluten free. Do any of you know of restaurants that would be accomodating? I notice that there aren't a lot of chain restaurants with gluten free menus in that area. I'll probably do a decent amount of cooking and packing snacks, but I know that my family will tire of doing that, so if you have any suggestions, I'd really appreciate it.

oh my gosh- I'm so jealous. Thaat's great that you are going to York Beach for a week. Portsmouth has the Outback Steakhouse which has a gluten-free menu (actually, I think they are techincally in Newington) but don't eat there as there are so many places in Portsmouth that are accomodating. Radici is wonderful- I've eaten there several times since going gluten-free and they have always been wonderful. I would suggest calling them in advance just to let them know. Also, the Dolphin Striker is very accomodating. Those are both a little on the pricey side, but worth it.

Let me know if you want other recommendations. Portsmouth also has Thai Paradise and Shalimar Indian both of which I've never had a problem with. I can try to find out about places in York too, but I know that Five-O in Ogunquit is very accomodating too. And go get a massage at the Cliff House if you're up for a little pampering!

Berneses,

Thanks so much for the recommendations! I'm really excited about the trip, and I'm happy that there are so many places in the area that are accomodating because my initial searches didn't turn up many results. It's great to hear recommendations from a local to really know where to go. Of course I know I can have boiled lobster and a baked potato almost anywhere, but I'd like to have a few other options as well. Thanks again!

Nicole