3 replies to this topic

#1 flagbabyds

flagbabyds

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 05:27 PM

At my graduation party theere was bread for everyperson which SUCKED! I got so sick at my stomach and broke out in hives. I was wondereing if anyone else has broken out in hives from gluten.
Molly

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 celiac3270

celiac3270

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 06:09 AM

At my graduation party theere was bread for everyperson which SUCKED! I got so sick at my stomach and broke out in hives. I was wondereing if anyone else has broken out in hives from gluten.

I'm confused...why did you get sick to your stomach? Did you eat the bread even though it contained gluten or do you think it was cross-contamination? I know you get hives from allergies, but celiac disease isn't an allergy.....I haven't had that problem....

#3 flagbabyds

flagbabyds

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 07:57 AM

There were so many crumbs that I did ingest something or I just inhaled some of the flour that dusted the bread.
Molly

#4 azza

azza

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 10:24 PM

Well, as for me, I get hives whenever I have some gluten intake (along with other symptoms)... I get a rash all over my body, I thought that it is another symptom of celiac disease. I also have some 2-3 days lasting intestinal problems. One of my relatives in Germany has the same problem ... "Hives" and most probably from Gluten intake... ;)

Thanks Anyways, B)
Azza

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: