This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Hello New To This Forum Thing ..... Any Other Canadians Here ? Anyone In Bc ?

honeybuzzed

honeybuzzed Rookie

Hello new to this forum thing ..... New to this Celiac thing ( like I found out on Tuesday May 30th). I think that it still hasn't hit me yet. Any other Canadians here ? Anyone in BC ? I am so glad that there is support for this !!!! I am so glad there are other ppl with the same insane symptoms I have been having ! I look forward to meeting everyone !

K

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

psawyer Proficient

There are a lot of us Canadians on here, representing various places across the country including BC. I'm just outside of Toronto myself.

KarenCM Rookie

I am from BC as well, Diagnosed in Nov. '04. Have you heard about Mountain Top Cafe and Bakery?

Petter, how was the conference you went right? Did you see lots of new gluten free products that are coming out?

Karen

BRUMI1968 Collaborator

I'm not Canadian and don't live in B.C., but I'm close - in Bellingham, WA. Welcome.

MurielCooper Newbie

I live in Victoria ,BC.

honeybuzzed Rookie

WOW that Mountain Top Cafe is right in my back yard ! I think I'll have to drop by today.... THANK YOU !

It seams like there are a lot of ppl in and around BC :D Anybody know of any restaurants in and around BC that is good to eat at with Celiac ? ( even the places just outside would be helpful in case I go on a little trip ; ) )

K

BRUMI1968 Collaborator

ditto that. I always have trouble finding eats in Vancouver.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Felidae Enthusiast

I am close to BC. I am in Alberta.

Chako Apprentice

I am in Ottawa and I am new too. I am here researching for my son who is not diagnosed yet.

lorka150 Collaborator

Hello! I am Canadian, also (not BC, though).

Also - Peter (sidenote, sorry: I saw you at the conference assuming that your avatar is YOU!) :)

honeybuzzed Rookie
ditto that. I always have trouble finding eats in Vancouver.

You come to Vancouver a lot ? I just went to that Mountain Cafe place they are fab !!!!!! What nice ppl ! Lots of good info as well. Here is the link for anyone interested that dosen't have the website I found out they ship as well ! Thank you again KarenCM !

Open Original Shared Link

Well I do go across the boarder ... actually I am trying to plan a trip in the near future .....what about some idea's for eats where you are?

BRUMI1968 Collaborator

I wish I could; I'm just too new at this. The Food Co-op on Holly and Forest has some deli stuff most of the time. Other than that, I still haven't figured out where I can eat in my own town. For expensive yummy stuff, there is Nimbus, Commercial and Fora maybe for an address, and their kitchen is quite good at accomodating, though I haven't hit them with my new gluten-freeness.

Thanks for the tip in Vancouver -- it'll be helpful for me the next time I visit. Great city you have, by the way.

If you're going to Seattle, that might be better, but I'm still not in the know...I'd title a post looking for eats in Seattle and see what comes up.

KarenCM Rookie

Sometimes when I go to the states I stop at the Community Food Coop, Terra Organica, Barganica, Skagit Valley Coop and there is Outback Steakhouse as well. Hope that helps

Karen

Deej Newbie

I lived in Vancouver for 16 years and whenever I was in Kitsilano I'd stop by the Panne Rizo for some baked goods and pizza. I don't know if they are still there, though.

I'm in Edmonton now.

schuyler Apprentice

I'm not from Canada, but I wanted to welcome you to the forums.

psawyer Proficient
Peter (sidenote, sorry: I saw you at the conference assuming that your avatar is YOU!) :)

Yes, the avatar is me, and I was there. The only other Canadian from here I would know by sight is Canadian Karen, and she wasn't there. I'll post some highlights of the weekend soon.

Pictures taken by the event organizer can be found Open Original Shared Link Click on "our events," then "Click here for gallery" and there are 280 photos.

lorka150 Collaborator

Thanks Peter! I didn't know where to find that link.

I saw you in the last breakthrough session on Saturday. Hope that's not creepy. :)

Rusla Enthusiast

Welcome to the forum, I am from Alberta and wished I was in BC.

KarenCM Rookie

Thanks for posting the link to the photos. It was great to see some of the people I know. I am hoping to be able to go next year.

Karen

Guest Viola

Welcome to the forum ...I'm from B.C. :D I'm in the West Kootenay area near Nelson. If you ever come through, there is a restaurant in Nelson called Amanda's and they do gluten free Chinese food! The sweet and sour pork is wonderful, the batter is made with potato flour among other things.

Cindy Chabot Newbie

Welcome to the forum. I have found it very helpful and supportive since being diagnosed almost a year ago. I live near Winnipeg. We have a great store in Winnipeg called Lorenzos. The owner has celiac and the entire store is gluten free. They sell prepackaged products as well as fresh baking. You can even special order birthday cakes.

Daxin Explorer

Fellow canadian here, but not from BC. I'm in good old SK.

Welcome to the forum :lol:

corinne Apprentice

I'm originally from Calgary, lived in Vancouver for 7 years and now live in Montana. In July, I'll be in the Okanogan for a week visiting my parents (who live just outside Enderby) and then I'll be in Vancouver for a week visiting friends. I wish I could eat grains ie corn, rice etc. - the mountaintop cafe sounds good.

Is there somewhere in Vancouver I can buy almond or other nut butters for a reasonable price?

Felidae Enthusiast
I'm originally from Calgary, lived in Vancouver for 7 years and now live in Montana. In July, I'll be in the Okanogan for a week visiting my parents (who live just outside Enderby) and then I'll be in Vancouver for a week visiting friends. I wish I could eat grains ie corn, rice etc. - the mountaintop cafe sounds good.

Is there somewhere in Vancouver I can buy almond or other nut butters for a reasonable price?

If you know someone with a Costco card, you can get a large jar of almond butter there.

tasha Apprentice
I live in Victoria ,BC.

me too! I go to UVic.

Archived