3 replies to this topic

#1 kaciemarie

kaciemarie

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 06:25 AM

I recently received a gluten free cook book as a gift. The whole front section is dedicated to celiac disease and it lists all the food you can and can't have. However, there are 3 recipes that call for CousCous (made from Semolina- made from duram wheat) and 1 recipe that calls for Orzo (also a wheat pasta) and 1 recipe that calls for egg noodles (I dont know about you, but I have never seen an egg noodle that is gluten free). I have been gluten-free for about a year now, so I know that these are mistakes. However, I am worried that someone who is new to Celiac wouldn't know and eat these recipes. Should I call the publisher and let them know...what does everyone think?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Guest_nini_*

Guest_nini_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2006 - 06:41 AM

I would definitely contact the publisher if you feel this is an error! (Which it most certainly appears to be)... is there maybe a recipe in the book to make gluten-free versions of these pasta's or a suggestion on where to buy gluten-free versions of them??? Otherwise, yeah, blatant error and they need to be made aware of it.

What is the name of the cookbook?

#3 kaciemarie

kaciemarie

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 06:43 AM

They make no reference to Gluten Free CousCous, Egg Noodles, etc. and there are no recipes either. The name of the cook book is "Healthy Cooking - Gluten Free Cookbook" by Paul Morgan.

#4 Guest_nini_*

Guest_nini_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2006 - 07:05 AM

I tried searching for this book and could find very little information about it... amazon .com doesn't carry it...

Definitely contact the publisher about the errors.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: