Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Help! Wrong Info In A Gluten Free Cook Book

4 posts in this topic

I recently received a gluten free cook book as a gift. The whole front section is dedicated to celiac disease and it lists all the food you can and can't have. However, there are 3 recipes that call for CousCous (made from Semolina- made from duram wheat) and 1 recipe that calls for Orzo (also a wheat pasta) and 1 recipe that calls for egg noodles (I dont know about you, but I have never seen an egg noodle that is gluten free). I have been gluten-free for about a year now, so I know that these are mistakes. However, I am worried that someone who is new to Celiac wouldn't know and eat these recipes. Should I call the publisher and let them know...what does everyone think?

Ads by Google:

I would definitely contact the publisher if you feel this is an error! (Which it most certainly appears to be)... is there maybe a recipe in the book to make gluten-free versions of these pasta's or a suggestion on where to buy gluten-free versions of them??? Otherwise, yeah, blatant error and they need to be made aware of it.

What is the name of the cookbook?

They make no reference to Gluten Free CousCous, Egg Noodles, etc. and there are no recipes either. The name of the cook book is "Healthy Cooking - Gluten Free Cookbook" by Paul Morgan.

I tried searching for this book and could find very little information about it... amazon .com doesn't carry it...

Definitely contact the publisher about the errors.