Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Goldfish Crackers, Cheesenip?

9 posts in this topic

Has anybody found a substitute for Goldfish crackers or Cheese Nips/Cheeze-Its? (Peppridge Farms I believe make them)

My son just loves these and obviously cannot have them any longer. Please let me know if there are any gluten-free alternitives out there :)

THANKS!

Maryanne

Ads by Google:

I saw a recipe for gluten-free goldfish crackers using chebe bread mix. It was on their website www.chebe.com under recipes. I believe you add chedder cheese to the mix and roll it out thin, and cut it into fish shapes (if you have the patience)

I haven't tried it, but it sounds good.

Sara

Crunch Toons are the closest I have found to goldfish crackers and they are gluten-free. I found them at my local Target store. Here is the website where you can check them out, they have original, cheddar cheese and nacho cheese flavor. I tried the cheddar cheese, they are shaped like tweety bird.

Jhmom, are you SURE these are gluten-free??? Sounds too good to be true, to this mom of a 2 1/2 year old who is NOT happy about giving up his goldfish. Please say it's so!!!!

Are they all gluten-free? (the flavors, I mean)

Bridget

Yes they are gluten-free, they are made from potato's!!!! Cool huh?

They are VERY Yummy!! I LOVE the taz ones!!

-Jessica

I was just coming on to say I bought a bag, then read the ingredients and wondered if anyone had talked to the company? There's caramel coloring, and natural/artificial flavors. I wanted to be sure this is really ok before I give it to my two year old, who doesn't get diarrhea or anything like that for me to be able to know if he's had a 'mistake' His only symptoms, which lead to diagnosis, were that he was very lethargic and literally starving to death (he looked like an ethiopian, honest to god) and I really don't want to get to that point again before I realize something is wrong. I was going to contact the company tomorrow but if anyone has already done this, or has eaten these things long enough to know (aka their body would've told them) they are truly ok that's good enough for me.

Please lemme know! Thanks!!

Bridget

Hi Bridget

I am VERY sensitive too, even to the slightest crumb or cross contamination and did not have a reaction to them . I have not call the company to verify though.

I found out about Crunch Toons through another support group because the product was posted on the home page as a "safe snack" for Celiac's.

Maybe you should call the company just to make sure :D not unless someone else can verify this.

Ok Silly Yaks, it is a sad day for me.....I have bad news to report :(

Crunch Toons the popular gluten-free snack made by Poore Brothers is being Discontinued. <_< I just got off the phone with the company and they are no longer making them!! You still might be able to find some on the shelves of stores such as Target, wal-mart etc. The lady on the phone said that they freeze well, so you can buy a bunch and put them into the freezer, but they are no longer being made!! I personally am SAD, because I LOVED the taz shaped ones. I know they were also great for little celiacs!! Just when we find something fun, it gets discontinued!! DARN!

Oh almost forgot, the whole reason I contacted them was to get firm confirmation of the gluten-free Status. They are gluten-free!! So If you find them, freeze them!! haha

-Jessica