This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Cellulites-has Anyone Had It? Dx Fri Am After High Fevers

Judyin Philly

Guest BERNESES

Judy- Just thinking of you and praying hard for you! Love and hugs, Beverly

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jerseyangel Proficient

Gosh Judy--this is what I was afraid of! Glad you got into the internist's office. I know how dissapointed you are--of course my thoughts and prayers are with you for a complete recovery this time. Keep your chin (and leg) up! :D I'll talk to ya tomorrow! ;)

Matilda Enthusiast

hi Judy,

I hope you feel better really soon.

Matilda

Canadian Karen Community Regular

Sending lots and lots of get well vibes and hugs from Canada!!!! Just make sure you don't mess around with it too much - I mean, if it gets to a certain point, GET THE IV!!!!! (Personally, I think you should have been that route already, but I know your trepidation about that......)

Lots of hugs....

Karen

mouse Enthusiast

Oh Judy, I am so sorry. No wonder you did not email me today. I was going to email you after I did the forum. Of course my prayers are with you as they have been daily thru all you are going thru. I have to agree with Karen as to the IV. I know you don't want to be in the hospital, but you need to address this now. When I had whatever it was called with the swollen knee. They put me in the hospital ASAP and hooked me up to an IV. I went home 3 days later much improved and continued then with the anitbiotics. Wouldn't you like to see this end? MUCH LOVE AND MANY HUGS. AND OF COURSE THE PRAYERS.

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

Judy, did the doctor recommend IV therapy already? If they did, I would definitly consider it, because if oral antibiotics alone can't wipe this out, they will make the bacteria even stronger--and then IV antibiotics might not work, either.

Tell you what, if it comes down to it, PM all of us your hospital info, and we will send you gluten-free care packages!

I hope you are having a restful and recuperative night....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Judy,

I'm so sorry to hear you took a little step backward. I totally missed this thread and all that you've been going through the last week. I finally just saw your email tonight and rushed to check the posts. You know I will be thinking about you and praying for you to get better soon. I feel so bad for you having to keep your leg up and taking the meds. :(

Get better soon girlfriend. We miss you on here.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest nini

Judy, I'm so sorry to hear that you are not doing better. I agree that you should consider hospital... it might not be ideal, but may be the only way to kick this thing... and give us your hospital info so we can send you care packages... special requests for anything???!!! LOVE YOU... feel better

jenvan Collaborator

Good advice on the IV perhaps... Maybe that would be the better option for now. Make sure you ask doc about it. Oh Judy my friend...I wish I could come and sit with you for a while to talk and give your mind and worried heart a rest for a bit... How disappointing, to miss out on things b/c of being sick again. You carry so much. But I will keep praying from Indiana. Keep updating us when you can friend. I will try to e-mail you today and write out a few funny stories that happened this past week--give you some more reading material to give you a break. :lol:

TCA Contributor

Judy, sorry I 've been out of the loop for about a week with my daughter's illneesses. I do want you to know that I am praying earnestly for your recovery on all fronts!!!! I'll follow more closely now that I know!

HUGS

Guest Robbin

OH JUDY, I AM PRAYING HARD FOR YOU. I THINK THE CARE PACKAGE IDEA IS A GREAT ONE. LET US KNOW VIA YOUR HUBBY IF YOU CAN'T SIT LONG ENOUGH, ON HOW YOU ARE DOING. YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION TO US -YOUR KIND LOVING NATURE COMES THROUGH TO ALL OF US AND YOU HELP SO MANY. PLEASE GET WELL SOON-IF IT TAKES A HOSPITAL TRIP, WEAR A FACE MASK, HAVE HUBBY BRING ALL YOUR FOOD, AND KEEP ANTIBACTERIAL WASH NEARBY!! :):):)

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

WHAT POWERFUL PRAYERS YOU SEND!!!!!

I HAVE BEEN SO BLESSED WITH ALL YOUR KIND WORDS AND SHARING IDEAS ON HOW TO COPE. WISH I COULD ADDRESS EACH AND EVERYONE BUT FOR NOW THIS WILL HAVE TO DO.

UP-DATE---TEMP HAS BEEN NORMAL ALL DAY..SWELLING IS ALL GONE IN FOOT, ANKLE AND LEG... :) HAVE STARTED WITH SOME 'D' BUT CAN COPE IF IT IS JUST LIKE THIS...

I LOVE GETTING ON LINE DURING MY 1/2 SIT UP TIME FROM ANTIBIOTICS..

I HAVE HAD FOOT ELEVEATED WITH OUT DOOR LOUNGE CHAIR CUSHIONS ON THE SOFA SINCE 2:00 YESTERDAY OR IN BED WITH IT THAT HIGH...

WAS TO CK INTO THOSE KNEE HIGH COMPRESSION STOCKING FOR LEFT LEG. DR SAID YEST THAT ONE PT HEALED INTO SECOND ROUND OF ANTIBIOTICS WITH IT ON..BUT FOR TODAY----KEEPING LEG UP..WILL CALL THE PHARMACY SOMETIME TODAY AND SEE IF I NEED AN APT TO GET THE FITTING FOR THEM.

DOES ANYONE KNOW ABOUT THESE OR HAVE USED THEM???

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL YOU ...

I'LL KEEP YOU POSTED. I HAVE TO SETTING ON TO GET THE POSTS COME INTO EMAIL BOX.

LOVE AND HUGS

JUDY IN PHILLY

Hey, Judy, glad you're doing better! Hope you can elevate your leg outside some and get some nice fresh air!

Hang in there!

mouse Enthusiast

I am so happy that you are doing better. My husband has to wear compression stockings inbetween the ops he is getting on his legs. He says they are a b~t~h to put on, but it makes a noticable difference in the swelling. Still praying for you. HUGS

Guest Robbin
:) Hi again Judy! Yes, they are a bite to put on, but very important to wear, not only to prevent swelling but to aid in circulation and to prevent clots. Have hubby get you a spare pair to keep them fresh 'cause I thought they were a little hot. Take care and WE'RE STILL PRAYIN' !!!!!
Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Hi Again,

Thanks for the tips and prayers.

still doing great. leg not swollen at all...forgot what it looked like.

the temp has stayed down but elevated right before dinner but down after dinner and 2 excedrine. hoping it's just my body fighting to heal itself....

now have 10 min until i can lay down for the nite.

I so appreciated all the email cards and notes and phone calls. Think my hubby is finally getting why I feel so connected with my friends here...today kinda had a 'emotional meltdown' but it was a good thing..didn't realize i was pushing so many feelings 'deep down' esp fathers day coming up too. Hubby wasn't quite sure what to do with me so went on an errand and when i was cried out he showed up at the front door with the neatest hanging basket of Euphordia a new plant to me...He does know what will bring a smile to me...

thanks again for your continued suggestions and prayers. Just love hearing from you all on my 'sit up breaks'

love and hugs

judy

So glad to hear the swelling's down and the hubby is up!

Careful with Excedrin--it's got caffeine. Maybe a coated aspirin would be easier on your tummy?

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

HI Friends--Good news to report--

Went to Chiro today and she was amazed at the improvenment. She said she was very worried what she would see today as she didn't know result of 'drop in visit at the internist'

She said that my leg (that also has 4 tumors) and is larger than the R one anyway....is smaller than she has remember months before the cellulitis :) Swelling is gone as is heat and rash... :) The temp is down during day and tonight it's been lower than before...so I think you prayers are really really working plus my 100% compliance with leg up....

I was jittery today and (thanks Alison Fiddle Faddle) think i was having caffeine withdrawl from the excedrine i forgot about the caffeine in it...I take so many for pain daily anyway but trying not to take now..

so that might explain it. I think with this whole thing..it has made me realize that we must really trust our own bodies and instincts...mine said...'STAY OUT OF HOSPITAL' AND LET'S HOPE IT WAS RIGHT.

internist concerned with c-diff..so chiro now has me on 3 acidopholis and 3 yeast defence a day to try to make sure this doesn't happen.

Hope your prayers will continue for another week if you have the time. I am so greatful

judy in philly

debmidge Rising Star

Judy, do hope you're doing better every day. Hubby had his bursa sacks removed from both knees Thurs so he's in Ace bandages almost on his entire leg and isn't allowed to bend his knees for a week.

Keep well

Debbie

Glad to hear of the improvement. Good night!

jenvan Collaborator

Prayers that your next post Judy says almost to a full recovery!

TCA Contributor

So glad to hear of such improvement. Hope it continues. Prayers and Love!

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Thanks all, T hope Megan is better this afternoon.

Yesterday i over did and today the ankle is swelling some but not hot and no fever so today i've been dow most of the day but leg hurts now being up all the time.

hope that the compression stocking they are ordering and should be in tomorrow at 9:30 am. I had to go out because they have to fit it and had to measure it. dr didn't put compression # on script so have to call them first thing tomorrow.

I just have to keep this leg up and not let how the other parts of me feel...Of course it very hot 95 here and muggy today so maybe that's part of it even if we have A/C

hope you all are having a great day.

Thanks for the prayers and notes.

love

Judy

Guest Robbin
:) Take good care, and keep cool!! It is 98 here and muggy too. Hope we all get some rain. Get a tall glass of iced tea or lemonade and a good book or movie Judy, and TAKE IT EASY!!!! Glad to hear you have no fever. The power of prayer, right?! Have fun with those stockings, they are so sexy-lol :D Have a great Sunday (and Happy Father's Day!)
inquirer Newbie

Hope you are still recovering. If you're still having problems, ask your doctor/chiropractor about hyperbaric treatments. It is being used today for wounds that won't heal, ie. gangrene, diabetic sores, etc.

Archived