This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Yay Philosophy Products

Moongirl

Moongirl Community Regular

I called about one item....and the wonderful lady emailed me the list of products that contain Gluten. They stated all other products are safe for Celiacs, however to consult with your doctor....(yah we know this) Anyways here it is...

"The following are products we would suggest you not to use:

Whine serum

Help me

A pigment of your imagination

Time on your hands

Grace conditioner

Sheer splendor

Save me

Grace shower gel

Baby grace shower gel

Baby grace lotion

Falling in love conditioner

I hope this helps have a great day!

mallory williamson

customer care

philosophy,inc.

3809 east watkins street

phoenix, az 85034

800-love-151

www.philosophy.com

philosophy: believe in miracles "

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tiffjake Enthusiast
I called about one item....and the wonderful lady emailed me the list of products that contain Gluten. They stated all other products are safe for Celiacs, however to consult with your doctor....(yah we know this) Anyways here it is...

Whine serum

Help me

Time on your hands

Grace conditioner

Sheer splendor

Save me

Grace shower gel

Baby grace shower gel

Baby grace lotion

mallory williamson

customer care

philosophy,inc.

3809 east watkins street

phoenix, az 85034

800-love-151

www.philosophy.com

That is so cool! I will so be checking them out !!!!!!!!

• 10 months later...
mparker9 Newbie

subject

gluten

discussion thread

Response (kate g.) 04/10/2007 03:30 PM

hi Megan!

thank you for contacting philosophy! following is a list of products with potential allergens in the ingredients:

WHEAT

a pigment of your imagination

time on your hands

amazing grace conditioner

falling in love conditioner

shear splendor daily conditioner

save me

big shot swabs

big blow off

pure grace conditioner

SOY

when hope is not enough serum

help me

big blow off

shear splendor shampoo

shear splendor conditioner

OAT

amazing grace shower gel

baby grace shower gel

baby grace lotion

pure grace shimmer lotion

pure grace lotion

if you would like more information, please do not hesitate to contact customer service at 1-800-568-3151 and we will be happy to help!

kind regards,

kate g.

join cristina carlino, brand creator and dara lynn, director of consumer education on QVC April 14th as they present a Today's Special Value kit of new and exciting philosophy products that will change your skin forever! this Today's Special Value kit brings you brand new technology from philosophy, in

ravenwoodglass Mentor

"join cristina carlino, brand creator and dara lynn, director of consumer education on QVC April 14th as they present a Today's Special Value kit of new and exciting philosophy products that will change your skin forever! this Today's Special Value kit brings you brand new technology from philosophy"

Just a heads up to folks, when ya order a TSV kit you get the kit. Chances are real good that a number of those items will be ones you can not use. Make real sure everything in the kit is safe. I have a 'kit' in my bathroom of products that once I got it home and checked I could only use one thing. Unfortunately I was an idiot and used it before I checked everything else. My food bank will get lots of bottles of a very expensive product. Not a good value in the long run. Almost $200 and the product I could use I could have bought by itself for under $50.

bluejeangirl Contributor

oh good Cinnamon buns, Gingerbread man, Pumpkin pie, and sugarcookie shampoo/showergel/bubblebaths are not on the gluten list. I love these scents. Yummmy.

Gail

• 3 years later...
Pookie84 Newbie

Whine serum

Help me

Time on your hands

Grace conditioner

Sheer splendor

Save me

Grace shower gel

Baby grace shower gel

Baby grace lotion

mallory williamson

customer care

philosophy,inc.

3809 east watkins street

phoenix, az 85034

800-love-151

www.philosophy.com

I see where they say that grace shower gel shouldn't be used. Does that include both shower gels? As in, amazing and pure? I have been using philosophy for years and for the past year and a half have developed these issues with my stomach that no doctor can seem to figure out, so I am going gluten-free in an effort to figure it out for myself (I'm sick of being sick!). That said, shouldn't it apply to the Pure Grace lotion, as well? It says it contains some sort of oat extract...

I am very new to this but I want to eliminate all possible contaminants in an effort to determine if gluten is the cause of my problem. I LOVE philosophy but don't want to make my problem worse by being glutened. (And as backward as this might sound, I hate calling customer service. It is my least favorite thing on earth to do.) Does anyone know?

heatherjane Contributor

I see where they say that grace shower gel shouldn't be used. Does that include both shower gels? As in, amazing and pure? I have been using philosophy for years and for the past year and a half have developed these issues with my stomach that no doctor can seem to figure out, so I am going gluten-free in an effort to figure it out for myself (I'm sick of being sick!). That said, shouldn't it apply to the Pure Grace lotion, as well? It says it contains some sort of oat extract...

I am very new to this but I want to eliminate all possible contaminants in an effort to determine if gluten is the cause of my problem. I LOVE philosophy but don't want to make my problem worse by being glutened. (And as backward as this might sound, I hate calling customer service. It is my least favorite thing on earth to do.) Does anyone know?

This thread is over three years old, so keep in mind some of the ingredients may have changed.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 10 months later...
Amber in FL Newbie

Hi Everyone!!! I just rec'd this email from Philosophy's customer service dept!!! As of 11-16-2011 - I will be checking sephora and QC for Black Friday deals!!!!

Amber

hi amber!

thank you for contacting philosophy! we have included below a full list of our gluten free products:

purity made simple

hope in a jar

microdelivery peel

booster caps

microdelivery exfoliating face wash

shelter

big gorgeous eyes

kiss me

supernatural lip gloss

concealers

supernatural airbrush canvas foundation

3-in-1 shower gels

when hope is not enough replenishing cream

eye hope

lip shines

foaming purity made simple

miracle worker retinoid pads

never let them see you shine

on a clear day line

eye hope

hope in a tube

turbo booster c powder

hope in a jar for dry skin spf

hope in a jar for dry skin

hope in a jar spf 30 oil-free

hope tinted moisturizer spf20

the supernatural superbeautiful makeup spf20

hope in a jar spf 25

keep the peace serum

keep the peace moisturizer

keep the peace color corrector

keep the peace mask

hands of hope

amazing grace emulsion

kiss of hope

please contact us at 1.800.568.3151 if you have any additional questions. we are happy to assist you by phone monday-friday, 6 a.m.-5 p.m. (mst). thank you for your interest and have a beautiful day!

warmest wishes,

kris f.

consumer services consultant

philosophy: where there is hope miracles can occur

Archived