2 replies to this topic

#1 gfmelissa

gfmelissa

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 04:32 PM

I found out that i am also allergic to chlorine, so I need to get a water filter/purifier. There are so many at such a range of prices, i have no clue which to pick. I don't make a lot of money so the super expensive systems are totally not going to happen. It seems that brita has a good one, or aquasanas. Any input? please? help!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Isabellamac

Isabellamac

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 10:54 AM

Hi gfmelissa.
I too found that I was allergic to water - probably the chlorine in it as I get the same type of reaction if I go swimming in pools with too much chlorine.
I use a Brita water filter. It isn't really a cheap option because the filters that have to be renewed every month are expensive - but needs must. I can't drink tap water anyway, without terrible headaches and sore red eyes. The Brita makes all the difference.
I'm really not sure if it is connected with the celiac condition but the problem seemed to start about the same time as the celiac symptoms did 25 years ago (and I was diagnosed only 8 weeks ago!)
All the best to you -
Isabellamac

#3 gfmelissa

gfmelissa

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 05:42 AM

Thanks for the help. I too have quite the reaction in swimming pools. Horrible rash. Anyways, I was reading that hte 'aquasana' filter is more expensive than brita (114$ compared to 39$), but you only replace the filters every six months. Has anyone tried or used this brand?

Thanks, melissa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: