10 replies to this topic

#1 francelajoie

francelajoie

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 12:35 PM

For all of you that are near Worcester, the Crown Bakery on Gold Star Blvd has gluten-free treats!!! They have at least 4 different things. Never would have thought I could have that stuff!!! They also make birthday cakes to your order. It's defianlty worth going for a coffee in a treat!!! :D
France

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 nursestherapies

nursestherapies

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 10:29 AM

For all of you that are near Worcester, the Crown Bakery on Gold Star Blvd has gluten-free treats!!! They have at least 4 different things. Never would have thought I could have that stuff!!! They also make birthday cakes to your order. It's defianlty worth going for a coffee in a treat!!! :D

Sure, after being in Northboro for 30 years we just moved to Florida and Crown makes gluten-free. It figures (lol)
Karen

#3 ehrin

ehrin

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 10:54 AM

My boss lives in Worcester and is going tonight to pick me up some treats tonight!
Thank you for the info - I am looking forward to a tasty cookie and whatever else they may have!
My name is forgettable, so I invite you to remember this tale." (RG)

Diagnosed with celiac disease, by biopsy, 10/05
T1 diabetic since 2/80

#4 francelajoie

francelajoie

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 11:31 AM

My boss lives in Worcester and is going tonight to pick me up some treats tonight!
Thank you for the info - I am looking forward to a tasty cookie and whatever else they may have!

The best one to me was, well I'll explain what it looks like:

It's like a "C" shaped cookie, with a "custard type" cream on it, covered in chocolate, topped with a couple nuts. It tastes like almonds...it's sooooooo good!!
They also have "Birthday cake" pieces layered with coloured frosting and topped with glazed fruit. I didn't have this but it looked awesome!
They have a walnut bread with a thin chocolate topping...this was good but I could do that at home.
They also make maringue cookies, they didn't have any but you can get maringue cookies anywhere.
France

#5 ehrin

ehrin

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 07:48 AM

The best one to me was, well I'll explain what it looks like:

It's like a "C" shaped cookie, with a "custard type" cream on it, covered in chocolate, topped with a couple nuts. It tastes like almonds...it's sooooooo good!!
They also have "Birthday cake" pieces layered with coloured frosting and topped with glazed fruit. I didn't have this but it looked awesome!
They have a walnut bread with a thin chocolate topping...this was good but I could do that at home.
They also make maringue cookies, they didn't have any but you can get maringue cookies anywhere.

well I had a peice of the bread this morning and I just had a macaroon - my boss picked me up THREE of everything - including the decadant cake. I am going to freeze most of it when I get home.
It's so hard not to rip through the entire box though!
Thanks again for the heads up!

T1 diabetic since 2/80

#6 francelajoie

francelajoie

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 08:56 AM

well I had a peice of the bread this morning and I just had a macaroon - my boss picked me up THREE of everything - including the decadant cake. I am going to freeze most of it when I get home.
It's so hard not to rip through the entire box though!
Thanks again for the heads up!

No problem, let me know what you think of the cookie one with the cream and chocolate...it's so good i think i want to go buy the whole tray. :D
France

#7 ehrin

ehrin

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 10:22 AM

No problem, let me know what you think of the cookie one with the cream and chocolate...it's so good i think i want to go buy the whole tray. :D

I just ate it and it was delicious...although I took my first bite and a lost a big blob of cream on the floor.
I wanted that blob! :P

T1 diabetic since 2/80

#8 kelly79mass

kelly79mass

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:19 PM

Wahoo! I searched for support groups in Worcester mA and this thread popped up. I live in Worcester! I think I will stop there after work tomorrow to surprise my daughter :)

#9 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:15 PM

Wahoo! I searched for support groups in Worcester mA and this thread popped up. I live in Worcester! I think I will stop there after work tomorrow to surprise my daughter :)

Hi Kelly, make sure the information is still current as you are replying to posts that are 6-years old.
Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

#10 kelly79mass

kelly79mass

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:36 PM

Oops! Thank u

#11 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:38 PM

Oops! Thank u

No problem Kelly...but if things have changed, I don't want you to get sick. Hopefully the bakery is still there.
Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: