24 replies to this topic

#1 Lister

Lister

Sidewalks are for skating

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 04:16 PM

So i have a question and im trying to think of the best way to ask it, basically what is the cemical compound that creates the lubracent from the vagina, im just trying to figure out if it contains things that are passed into the blood or anything to find out if there is a risk of glutaning from such acts that i will not mention. yes i know this is avery obserd question and i could not think of another way to ask it

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 CarlaB

CarlaB

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,049 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 04:16 PM

Umm, since a man is gluten-free, my guess is a woman is, too.
gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

#3 Guhlia

Guhlia

Ah yes.... Happy New Year to all, Red Bridge style... LOL

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 04:23 PM

Keep in mind that you're stomach and your gag reflex may be slightly out of whack right now... :) If it makes you sick right now, that doesn't necessarily mean that it will make you sick two months down the road. I know I have a really hard time with *clears throat* ya know.
~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

#4 MySuicidalTurtle

MySuicidalTurtle

"Like a rolling stone?"

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 04:23 PM

Well, semen can contain gluten if the man is not gluten-free. I don't know about women, though.

#5 Guhlia

Guhlia

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 04:27 PM

I thought that semen didn't contain gluten... I know there was a long thread on this a while ago, but I think it may have gotten deleted. I can't find it. I thought the general concensus was that it was gluten free. Please correct me if I'm wrong because it makes me really sick.
~Angie~

#6 Mango04

Mango04

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 04:28 PM

Someone needs to find that really extensive thread that discusses this topic. I can't find it right now, and I'm pretty sure parts of it got deleted....but I think the answer is still in there somewhere....
"Let food be thy medicine, and let thy medicine be food." - Hippocrates

#7 CarlaB

CarlaB

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,049 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 04:29 PM

The consensus of the previous thread was that it was gluten-free. However, that it did have protein that may bother some just because it was a protein, if I remember correctly.
gluten-free 12/05

#8 Guhlia

Guhlia

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 04:31 PM

Thanks Carla. Now a big question before this post gets deleted. If the protein makes me sick, is it likely that it's doing celiac-like damage?
~Angie~

#9 MySuicidalTurtle

MySuicidalTurtle

"Like a rolling stone?"

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 04:32 PM

I remember seeing a study of what seman consists of and a small percent was gluten- for a man who eats gluten.

#10 CarlaB

CarlaB

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,049 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 04:33 PM

My guess would be no since it's not gluten. You could just start off that way and finish the other. :rolleyes: That shouldn't make you sick.

Hopefully, whoever quoted the study that checked for gluten in semen can answer this question. I'm just going on memory.

Lister, you are quite the character, when are you going to get a picture of yourself on here????
gluten-free 12/05

#11 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,706 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 04:34 PM

Thanks Carla. Now a big question before this post gets deleted. If the protein makes me sick, is it likely that it's doing celiac-like damage?

It may not be doing that type damage but that doesn't mean your body isn't saying not to injest. We can have allergies to each others bodily fluids, not common, but intolerances may be possible too.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#12 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 04:40 PM

I'm probably gonna be sorry I found this, but here it is--

http://www.glutenfre...showtopic=16963

Let's keep it as clean as possible!
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#13 penguin

penguin

Chelsea

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 04:45 PM

I tried googling it but didn't find anything...any biochemical engineers out there? :blink:

I know I read in cosmo once (very scientific :rolleyes: ) that what a man eats affects the flavor of the...stuff. So maybe gluten can get in?
Alright, don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy
We'll all float on, alright
Well we'll float on good news is on the way...

#14 Guest_nini_*

Guest_nini_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2006 - 05:21 PM

I would have to say that the possibility of gluten being in those fluids is more probable than not... having some experience with anatomy and physiology for my studies I would be led to believe that it is possible for gluten to be in "those" fluids... and considering that "I" get ill from said fluid and I'm a very sensitive sort to minute amounts of said proteins... so personal opinion would be that said fluids do and can possibly contain trace amts. of gluten...

#15 Lister

Lister

Sidewalks are for skating

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 05:25 PM

im not refuring to man semen, im talking about female fluids and if those are safe, from what i can tell men are not but i dont think i have to worry about that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: