2 replies to this topic

#1 cgsimon

cgsimon

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 06:32 PM

Hi! I'm a newbie. Found out last summer that I'm gluten-sensitive(whatever this means!), but I haven't really followed a gluten-free diet. I also have Crohn's Disease for the last 12 years so my diet is quite restricted from this problem already! I had a colonoscopy this February & my doc said I had minor inflammation, but that my digestion looked good. I'm concerned, though, because this past week I've been having constant cramping, diarrhea anytime I eat, and I'm becoming so tired. I cut bread, crackers, cookies, chips & pasta from my diet then went to the health food store. I bought gluten-free replacements EXCEPT bread. I've tried the frozen ones out there & I gagged! They're so dry. Anyone buy ready-made gluten-free bread they like? Or is homemade the way to go? Getting back to my topic title: I live in Austin, TX are they other restaurants that serve gluten-free besides PF Changs, Outback, Wendy's & McDonald's?

Thanks for listening to me,
Celina

P.S. Is "Enterolab" really the way to go for a definite Celiac diagnosis?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 cgsimon

cgsimon

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 12:46 PM

For anybody living in Austin, Tx I just got a reply from Johnny Carino's that they DO have a couple gluten-free menu items, but the website doesn''t say so. Here's what they said:

"Thank you for writing and sharing your comments with us. Unfortunately, we do not have a gluten free menu available at this time. The following are some of our menu items which are gluten free: Grilled Chicken Diavolo (without the pasta), Tuscan Ribeye, Pork Chops and our salads without the dressing.

We look forward to serving you again, soon!

Sincerely,

Mary Ann Gonzales
Guest Relations Administrator"

Hope this helps any fellow Central Texas Celiacs out!

Celina

#3 kathy4

kathy4

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 01:49 AM

These are Dallas area restaurants with gluten-free menus but they are probably in Austin as well. Boston Market, Pei Wei (very helpful), Spring Creek BBQ (entire restaurant gluten-free except rolls and cobbler), Don Pablo's, Bennigan's, Dickey's BBQ, Subway, Chick-fil-a, Jinbeh, Kobe's. Also, Royal Carribean cruise line out of Galveston was amazingly accomodating to the gluten-free diet. Food was amazing. They even made us gluten-free bread, which was delicious. Above and beyond- I highly recommend. Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: