#1 angel_jd1

angel_jd1

Gluten Free Goddess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 08:00 PM

Hi-
I am just curious how many folks have trouble with their memory. I personally have trouble with mine. I am 25 years old, and really shouldn't be having this much trouble.

I have trouble remebering mostly details of events. I can tell you the basic facts, but sometimes the details of a story escape me. Memories are sometimes foggy, like things from a month ago or even a year ago, I just can't remember details of things. I might remember that "they happened" but no clue why, how, what color they were wearing, etc!!

Also, I will go to do something at my house, walk into a room and then wonder why I am there. I have forgotten what I was going to go do. This one has been really bad lately. Maybe I am just stressed, but It is bothering me.

It drives me CRAZY!! Let me know if anybody else has wierd stuff like this!!

-Jessica :rolleyes:
Jessica
Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!
Kansas

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Guest_Libbyk_*

Guest_Libbyk_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2004 - 07:23 AM

hey jess-
I know for sure that when I have an accident, the "Fog Brain" comes swooping down on me. the month before I got diagnosed, when I was really sick, I kept complaining that I was dumb. And everyone wa telling me, oh honey, your really smart. Yes, normally I am a reasonably bright individual, butI couldn't string two thoughts together for that month. Now, unless I have an accident, I am pretty clear.

i do do the walk into the room and forget why thing pretty often though. what works for me is to walk back to where I came from, for some reason that nearly always jogs my memory.

Lib

#3 angel_jd1

angel_jd1

Gluten Free Goddess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 07:28 AM

Well this isn't brain fog. I know how that feels and it isn't the same as this. This is just plain forgetting. I feel like an alztimers patient trapped in a 25 year old body!! (not all the time, just sometimes)

-Jessica :rolleyes:
Jessica
Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!
Kansas

#4 burdee

burdee

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 10:08 AM

HMMMM ... I thought this was CRS (Can't Remember Stuff) which happens to other people my age, but then I'm not that old! :o If all of you, who are much younger than I am and have been gluten-free for a while, STILL have that brain fog, maybe this is just a sign of our times: too much information to process, too little time to do everything, and not enough brain 'downtime' through sleep, meditation, relaxation, etc. I would LOVE to hear that CRS is celiac related, so that after a long gluten-free period, I no longer get brain fog! :D Does anybody know of any studies linking those symptoms to celiac or disappearance of those symptoms after going gluten-free for awhile?
SUE

Gluten, dairy, soy, egg, cane sugar, vanilla and nutmeg free. Enterolab diagnosed gluten/casein intolerant 7/04; soy intolerant 8/07. ELISA test diagnosed egg/cane sugar IgG allergies 8/06; vanilla/nutmeg 8/06. 2006-10 diagnosed by DNA Microbial stool tests and successfully treated: Klebsiella, Enterobacter Cloaecae, Cryptosporidia, Candida, C-diff, Achromobacter, H. Pylori and Dientamoeba Fragilis. 6/10 Heidelberg capsule test diagnosed hypochloridia. Vitamin D deficiency, hypothyroiditis, hypochloridia and low white blood cells caused vulnerability to infections. I now take Betaine HCl, probiotics, Vitamin D and T3 thyroid supplement to maintain immunity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: