Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Is Chlorophyll Safe For Celiacs?

6 posts in this topic

hello everyone. Im not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, but I'll try anyway.

does anyone take chlorophyll, and if so, how/why does it help? my fiance is taking it (he's not gluten-free) and swears by it. he's constantly telling me to take it. Im not sure what to do. what are the benefits/side effects, if any, for people with celiac disease?

any info/insight?

thanks!!!

Ads by Google:

Chlorophyll should definitely be gluten-free as it is literally the green pigment which you find in a plant's leaves. Am not sure about the effects though, sorry.

hello everyone. Im not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, but I'll try anyway.

does anyone take chlorophyll, and if so, how/why does it help? my fiance is taking it (he's not gluten-free) and swears by it. he's constantly telling me to take it. Im not sure what to do. what are the benefits/side effects, if any, for people with celiac disease?

any info/insight?

thanks!!!

Hi! I have a friend who has chronic IBS and has tendonitis in her hand. When she gets stressed & her IBS is really bad, her hand swells up so much that she can't use it. THis can be problematic for someone who SEWS for a living!! SO-- when it's really bad she takes Chlorophyll so that she can alleviate the swelling & function somewhat normally at work. She said it doesn't upset her stomach & works just as well as Benedryl which makes her far too sleepy. I know IBS and celiac are different but if it doesn't cause her any irritation & it doesn't have any gluten in it, then it should be safe for you as well.

Good luck to you.

Hi! I have a friend who has chronic IBS and has tendonitis in her hand. When she gets stressed & her IBS is really bad, her hand swells up so much that she can't use it. THis can be problematic for someone who SEWS for a living!! SO-- when it's really bad she takes Chlorophyll so that she can alleviate the swelling & function somewhat normally at work. She said it doesn't upset her stomach & works just as well as Benedryl which makes her far too sleepy. I know IBS and celiac are different but if it doesn't cause her any irritation & it doesn't have any gluten in it, then it should be safe for you as well.

Good luck to you.

This is great to know. I'm an artist & sometimes have awful wrist pain that makes it hard to work. I'm guessing chlorophyll would be very good for you-- parsley is full of it, & that's calming to the digestion, at least in my experience. (That's one reason it's a tradition to put a sprig on the plate-- it's also good for sweetening the breath!)

Thanks for the info! I think I'll head for the garden & munch some parsley!

thank u for the input!!!

while were on the subject here of taking digestive enzymes to control an upset stomache, does anyone know anything about Freedas vitamins....one called "parvenzyme"???? And, what exactly is it good for? does it work? i already take a few other freeda vitamins, like the multi so I know theyre safe.

any info would be great!!!!!

I take chlorophyl and the stuff I get is from alfalfa. I wouldn't trust it from gluten sources. That's just me. You can show me the science, but if I have a choice, I'll go alfalfa. It's supposed to help with body smells, digestion, alkalizing, and some other things. Despite my good diet, I seem to get acidic so I use it for that.

Also, my cat (not the one in my av) loves to chew grass, but she no longer has teeth (all surgically removed - she is actually so much happier now) and so we put some in her water and that seems to reduce her urge to try to chew grass.

Stephanie

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• Biopsy confirmed?
      Right, usually they do an endoscopy after a positive blood antibody test.  The biopsy confirms the antibody results.  Doing them in the reverse order doesn't hurt anything though.  Sometimes people "fail" the antibody tests but still have gut damage.  Not everybody makes the same antibodies or in the same quantities.  Anyway, you should make sure they are doing the complete celiac antibody panel, not just a ttg test. And don't worry if the celiac tests are positive for gliaden antibodies.  Going gluten-free is an adjustment to your diet. Quite a few people around here have managed to adjust successfully.  It takes some effort, but anything worthwhile does they say.
    • Celiac Night Vision
      I don't have scotomas but you might find more help on a forum dedicated to vision issues.  Here are a couple I found.  the last link is a Yahoo search for "eye forum"  There may be others found if you try a search on Google. http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Eye-Care/show/90 http://www.healthboards.com/boards/eye-vision/ https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=eye+forum&ei=UTF-8&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-003
    • Positive Biopsy, Negative Blood Tests
      BTW, all first degree relatives of celiacs are supposed to be tested for celiac every 2 years in the absence of symptoms -- immediately if symptoms present. Your kids, your parents & all siblings should be tested. And that goes for your brothers kids too.
      I agree completely with cyclinglady! Do you even know that there is such a thing called silent celiac? No symptoms at all but the villi are damaged.  I see you joined in 2009. Why? Is that when your brother was diagnosed? IMHO you need to do a lot of research & find out just exactly what you're risking. 
      What?  Be sure that next endoscopy tests you for lymphoma (cancer) as well!   Seriously.  You need to do some research as your knowledge of celiac disease is lacking.  Did you fail the entire celiac panel?  Or did your doctor/insurance save cash and just order the very good (but does not catch all celiacs) TTG IgA?  You have a family history, a positive biopsy, what more do you need?  You do realize that this is not about just giving up gluten, don't you?  We just had a member join this year who was told years ago that her tests were "inconclusive" and that she now has suffered with lymphoma (cancer)? Ugh!   Endoscopy in 10 years?  Who would even wait 10 years?  This isn't colon cancer and polyps!   Are you talking about a colonoscopy?  Are you even sure you had an endoscopy?   Be sure you have your bones checked too.....and forget the breath.  You might not have any teeth and implants will be out since your bones will be compromised. Sorry, if I come on strong, but when I was diagnosed I had no tummy issues.  A few months later, my bones began breaking.  I was undiagnosed for a long time because of mis-informed doctors.  At least it was not stupidity on my part.   So, I urge you to research this disease more!  Hopefully you'll ward on another autoimmune disorder by remaining gluten free.  Find what celiac blood tests were actually taken!  Even if you do not think you have celiac disease, something has caused villi damage -- like a parasite, milk, or something......even more sinister! Good luck!  
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• celiac sharon  »  cyclinglady

Hello cycling lady, have you noticed my picture is showing up as you?  Have no idea why but it's rather disconcerting to see my picture and your words 😉  Do you know how to fix it?  You seem to have far more experience with this board than I do
      · 1 reply
    • Larry Gessner  »  cyclinglady

Hi There, I don't know if there is a place for videos in the forum. I just watched "The Truth About Gluten" I think it is a good video. I would like to share it somewhere but don't know where it should go. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Here is the link if you have never watched it.
      https://youtu.be/IU6jVEwpjnE Thank You,
      Larry
      · 2 replies
    • ChiaChick  »  Peaceflower

Hi Peaceflower, Just wanted to say thank you for the chat.
      · 0 replies
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Roemill