arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Gluten Free Self Tanners, Sun Tan Lotion?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SandyShoes

SandyShoes

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 04:35 AM

Help! I was using Hawaian Tropic Island Glow, but found out it has some questionable ingredients due to the fact that I got real itchy afterwards...and felt pretty bad the last two days. Can anyone guide me to a good one? I cannot get a lot of sun, but I dont want to look pasty white. Thank you!

Jane In Chicagoland
Jane in Chicagoland

Positive biopsy 05-09-05
gluten-free ever since..
Looking for life beyond potatoes and corn tortillas...

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 suziew

suziew

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 06:16 AM

I use the neutrogena self tanner and bronzer. I found that if I used it more than once a day I was getting itchy. But I think it was causing dry skin. After about an hour I would use moisturezer on my legs and I didn't have that itchy problem. As far as the ingredients go. I don't understand the chemical names to know if it has wheat or not.

#3 minibabe

minibabe

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 07:48 AM

as far as I know if you have DH the only way that you get a reaction is by ingesting gluten. If you come in contact with it you dont get a reaction. The only way to get a reaction is to have somthing non-gluten pass through you small intestine.

As far as self tanners they can be pretty harsh. You might have sensitive skin. It is a big mis conception about the lotion thing. You are obviously going to get a reaction to somthing if you skin is irritated prior to application. example: if you have a cut or scrap or somthing of the sort. Lotions that are high in purfume content tend to irritate my skin.

If you find that it is making your skin is getting a rash from this you might want to try a brand that is know to be used for sensitive skin. Like jergens or somthing like that.

I have one that seems to work very well I believe that it is the jergens but I will double check when I get home for you. I have sensitive skin and have to watch my lotions because they dry my skin out alot and it makes me itchy.

I will let you know.

Good luck

Amanda NY

oh, I know that it is not good for you skin but I go tanning about once a week jsut to give me some color. It works for me :) dont know if that would be an option for you?

#4 smichelle1592

smichelle1592

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 03:35 PM

Does anyone know if it is absolutely safe for people with celiac to tan in a tanning bed if you use the stand up bed and not touch the acrylic? I miss my tan so much and I don't like using self tanners at all and I've been talking to the tanning salon about tanning in the stand up bed there and we feel that it probably would cause any problems but there's still that small percentage that it could still make me sick.

Thanks,
Sarah

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: