This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Iso Of Safe Ice Cream!

nicki2222

nicki2222 Rookie

Can anyone suggest ice creams that they know are gluten-free? I have been searching the internet for all of the various sites and they sure make it hard to figure it out. I see a lot of Natural Flavors listed on ice cream.

Help!

Thank you in advance!

(ok, I can't change the header of this one...."ISO safe ice cream" is how it should be!)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

TriticusToxicum Explorer

Edy's Ice cream has a page that allows you to sort through their entire flavor line-up for gluten free items.

Here's a link...

Open Original Shared Link

Now if there was only a gluten-free ice cream cone that didn't cost $8 a box!

Enjoy!

nicki2222 Rookie

Thank you very much! I appreciate your post.

What a great website. Some companies have really done a great job of helping us out!

Can't wait to try some of the flavors.

VydorScope Proficient
Thank you very much! I appreciate your post.

What a great website. Some companies have really done a great job of helping us out!

Can't wait to try some of the flavors.

As fo teh last time I called..

Eddy's, Bryers, blue bell and Kroger Brand (aka private selection) are all gluten-free save for the odvious ones like cookie dough.

CC is always possible, but my son has not had any problems with the little he has had...

queenofhearts Explorer

I just spoke with a Kroger's dietician last week & she had a very long list of gluten-free ice cream. I really don't eat much ice cream so I didn't take down all the info, but you can call 1-866-632-6900 & get all the details.

Enjoy!

Leah

mauder Newbie

Graeter's e-mailed a response to me, saying that all but the obvious (like cookies and cream) are gluten-free.

KarenCM Rookie

Chapman's Ice Cream has some of their flavours labelled gluten free right on the box. I am not sure if they are available all over though as they are Canadian.

Karen

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

VydorScope Proficient

forgot to mention Ben and Jerry's is also safe except when listed as contianing a gluten ingreditent.

loraleena Contributor

Some of Stonyfield ice creams and yogurts are ok. All soydreams are ok.

wolfie Enthusiast

I love Edy's Chocolate Ice Cream!!! It is SO smooth and creamy. I hear that the Slow Churned is even better and it is Light!

ravenwoodglass Mentor

Perry's Ice Cream clearly labels their gluten free ice creams. The Death by Chocolate is aptly named, sooo good.

ebrbetty Rising Star

Haagen dazs makes a good low fat sorbet and patty turned me on to sharons sorbet the coconuts awesome

Guest nini

Mayfield will send you a list of gluten-free flavors if you e-mail them and ask...

if you have a Publix near you these are their gluten-free flavors:

Publix Premium Ice Creams (burgundy cartons)

Ande's Creme de Menthe, Butter Nugget Crunch, Butter Pecan, Banana Split, Cherry Nut, Chocolate, Chocolate Almond, Chocolate Chip, Coffee, Mint Chocolate Chip, Neopolitan, Santa's White Christmas, Strawberry, Vanilla

Publix Premium Homemade Ice Creams (light yellow rownd cartons)

Butter Pecan, Chocolate Chip, Couble Chocolate Chunk, Peaches N' Cream, Strwberry, Vanilla

Publix Premium Light Ice Creams (white/tan cartons)

Butter Pecan, Chocolate almond, Chocolate, Coffee, Coffee Almond Fudge, Neaplolitan, Strwberry, Vanilla

Publix Premium Low Fat Frozen Yogurts (dark blue cartons)

Black Cherry, Butter Pecan, Chocolate, Neapolitan, Peach, Strawberry, Vanilla, Vanilla Orange

Publix Sherbet (white plastic containers)

Cool Lime, Rainbow Dream, Raspberry Blush, Sunny Orange, Tropic Pineapple, Tropical Swirl, Peach Mango Passion

Publix Ice Cream (white cartons with red stripe and 5 qt plastic containers)

Chocolate, Fudge Royal, Neapolitan, Strawberry, Vanilla

Publix Low Fat Ice Cream (white cartons with blue stripe)

Chocolate, Fudge Royal, Strawberry, Vanilla, Neapolitan

Ice Cream Novelties

Publix Ice Cream Bar, Publix Fudge Bar, Publix Toffee Bar, Publix No Sugar Added Ice Cream Bars, Publix No Sugar Added Fudge Pops, Publix Vanilla Cups, Publix Fudge Sundae Cups, Publix Cream Pops, Publix Banana Pops, Publix Twin Pops, Publix No sugar Added Ice Pops

kenyonsmommy Rookie

anybody know anything about Friendly's ice cream?

jerseyangel Proficient
anybody know anything about Friendly's ice cream?

Vincent posted this recently from Friendly's--

kenyonsmommy Rookie
Vincent posted this recently from Friendly's--

Thats great, thanks!!

jknnej Collaborator

I eat Ben & Jerry's all the time...Phish Food is my fave. It's chocolate ice cream swirled with marshmellow and caramel. Plus it has dark chocolate pieces in the shape of fish. It's gluten-free and amazing.

If Ben & Jerry's don't have wheat clearly listed they are gluten-free. Use your brain...flavors like Brownie or cookie dough are obviously off limits LOL.

• 2 weeks later...
Soo B Newbie

Kemps ice creams are gluten-free, unless they contain an obvious additive (i.e. cookie dough, brownie, grahm cracker, etc.).

Camille'sBigSister Newbie

Does anyone know about Godiva? Their Belgian Dark Chocolate is the best I've ever tasted in my life!!! I can call them, or find their website, but I thought somebody might know offhand.

Cissie

penguin Community Regular
Does anyone know about Godiva? Their Belgian Dark Chocolate is the best I've ever tasted in my life!!! I can call them, or find their website, but I thought somebody might know offhand.

Cissie

Godiva is not gluten-free. Sorry :(

However, both Hershey and Nestle will clearly list gluten containing ingredients as wheat, barley, rye or oats. I'm not a fan of chocolate, so that's as far as I go. Others know of other gluten-free brands. :)

Camille'sBigSister Newbie

Rats!!! I was afraid of that, so I haven't eaten any in a week. I'll switch to a different brand.

Cissie

Corkdarrr Enthusiast

Aren't most Haagen Daz (sp) ice creams gluten free?

And what about places like Marble Slab and Cold Stone Creamery? Aside from the obvious CC problems, is their ice cream in general gluten-free?

NicoleAJ Enthusiast

Many of the Haagen Dazs ice creams are gluten free. If you call them directly, not only will they mail you a gluten free list of all their products, but they also include several coupons, which is really helpful because it is a pricey ice cream.

Guest AlabamaGirl
Aren't most Haagen Daz (sp) ice creams gluten free?

And what about places like Marble Slab and Cold Stone Creamery? Aside from the obvious CC problems, is their ice cream in general gluten-free?

I have never had a reaction to Haagen Daz, but I have had problems with Publix & Blue Bell. Must be CC because the ingredients listed are gluten-free, as far as I can tell. I eat Cold Stone Creamery all the time & have never had a problem (see Open Original Shared Link but if I do mix-ins, I ask them to use a clean slab & utensils. They have always been very nice to do so.

Archived