This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

What Are Your Celiac Moments?

MangaMonster

MangaMonster Newbie

Hello, I'm Philip and I'm knew on this site. :) I read some of the threads and some are really funny! :lol: I just went to a party yesterday and we did an obsticle course. It was AWESOME! Of course, I could not do it because the course involved rolling through glutenated pudding and Flour! <_< Even though I couldn't do it I had lots of fun watching! :P It was awesome untill every one was off the track. The instructors threw flour at everyone; and as if that wasn't enough my freind Daniel gave me a mouth full of Flour! :ph34r: I got glutened.

What are some of your celiac moments? :huh:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Agent Z Newbie

I'm new to this site too. I just found out in fact that I am a Celiac last week.

I keep hearing about how a Celiac can't even TOUCH wheat? Is that really really true or is it for some or what?

But as for a moment like that? I don't think I have one.

But I'll tell you something else.

There's a Mexican place called Qdoba that I worked at (I even touched the wheat tortillas and served up the food to customers and never really got sick), but when I ATE there sometimes, oh it was wicked. I thought it was because I made my food so spicy.

Once I was with my girlfriend and I had to stay in the bathroom for half an hour with her sitting alone because of something I ate there.

And the day I found out I had it, and went to Qdoba to get something glutten free (since I called earlier and the manager CLAIMED ALL TORTILLAS there were CORN), and I get there and read the menu which specifically says they are WHEAT! Even the CHIPS AND TACO SALAD SHELLS! I was so pissed off that the guy wouldn't take the time to either carefully find out or wanted to lie to me to get my money. :angry: I ended up ordering something and my mom asked after it was done if it was made of flour. It was. So I couldn't eat my nachos (but I did eat them with some corn chips I got later. Just avoided the flour chips). And their corn tacos (or so they claim) are fine.

Ashley Enthusiast

Fluffy!!! XD, sorry

Agent Z- A lot of people won't touch things with gluten in them because it gives them skin reactions, breakouts, ect. Others don't have skin reactions or aren't bothered enough to stop touching gluten.; Yep, you learn ya have to dig deeper than what folks tell you. Double checking labels, lots 'o hours of trying to get information from clueless resturants.

My celiac moment was around after going three weeks of being gluten-free. I woke up one morning, when into the kitchen and saw a doughnut. Blissfully I picked it up and popped into my mouth, completely forgetting I wasn't suppose to have gluten :lol: mom got so mad at me for that. I also had an very close encountered with the flour bags at leadership camp that my JROTC goes to. :ph34r: everyone knew not to throw them at me or I'd punch them.

Anyway, welcome both of you to the boards and if you guys need anything give me a PM or an email! :)

-Ash

Guest nini

Oh Philip! yikes!

my daughter's school had a field day and they do all kinds of obstacle courses and relays and of course one of them involved rolling a rubber fish in flour and relay racing with it. Fortunately they told me about it ahead of time and I was able to provide enough rice flour for the entire school... (they even paid me back for it...) that way I didn't have to worry about the flour being EVERYWHERE and my daughter was able to have fun with the rest of the kids... (I know I'm not a teenager but your story reminded me of that...) maybe if your friends plan to do something like that again you can get rice flour and that way you could participate.

chrissy Collaborator

i was making tuna fish sandwiches today for the kids----when i called them to get their lunch, molly had to inform me that her sandwich had wheat in it-------i had totally spaced it and made her a sandwich on wheat bread.

aball2006 Newbie

you know how everyone gets different reactions if they ingest gluten? yeah well mine is that exactly two hours after accidentally eating it I begin violently vomiting. well one morning i accidentally grabbed the wrong pack of bluberry waffles and ate them without realizing it. well that morning my choir was going to be singing on the local news channel. as we were driving down there, i puked once, everyone thought it was just nerves. then i puked in the lobby and right before we went on. and the last time it got all over my dress so i couldnt go on. my mom had to come pick me up, and the whole school knew about it by the end of the day. At least everyone at the news channel was really nice about it, and felt bad. that was my most emabrrassing moment due to celiac.

justjane Rookie

i used to work at TacoTime and felt horrible every night after I got off of work! Little did I know that even the corn chips had flour on them! I feel ya bud, that is too bad.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived