Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Gilmore Girls, Season 2

• Please log in to reply

5 replies to this topic

#1 num1habsfan

num1habsfan

Prairie field, possibly the best picture I've taken!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 11:48 AM

I am sure most of you know this, but I did not...
I am watching my Gilmore Girls DVD set, Season 2, and in the Season finale Paris is making a speech for student body president, and shes talking about what the school needs, and she says "dairy and wheat free alternatives in the cafeteria...."

I thought that was interesting :P Eventually if I buy all the season I gotta count how many times Celiac gets mentioneed in the show haha (So far I only have Seasons 1, 2, and yesterday I bought 4)..

Pointless post, so I quit talking now...
~lisa~

...Flames vs. Panthers, and Lifehouse, were best experiences OF MY LIFE!!...
...26 years old...
...Look in my forum profile for ways to read my public sports articles...

R.I.P. Uncle Gus (Sept. 21, 1971 - Oct. 2, 2004) ... R.I.P. Baba (Oct. 12, 1911 - Feb. 28, 2006) ... R.I.P. Uncle Lawrence (Aug. 7, 1943 - Jan. 4, 2009)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 11:59 AM

Your post wasn't pointless, Lisa! I think it is noteworthy anytime gluten/food intolerance is mentioned in the mainstream. How are you feeling? Any better? :)
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#3 num1habsfan

num1habsfan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 12:20 PM

Your post wasn't pointless, Lisa! I think it is noteworthy anytime gluten/food intolerance is mentioned in the mainstream. How are you feeling? Any better? :)

I cant remember which Season mentioned it in the show before (when Laine said something about gluten-free...). Hopefully its in the Season I bought haha.
And still not feelin any better, still overwhelmed, still waiting to talk to my best friend..so nope, no change :P
~lisa~

...26 years old...

R.I.P. Uncle Gus (Sept. 21, 1971 - Oct. 2, 2004) ... R.I.P. Baba (Oct. 12, 1911 - Feb. 28, 2006) ... R.I.P. Uncle Lawrence (Aug. 7, 1943 - Jan. 4, 2009)

#4 TCA

TCA

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 12:51 PM

Not pointless at all. I've never seen the show. Do one of the characters have celiac or something?
If you're looking for info on how to get started on the gluten-free diet, check out this List for Newly Diagnosed.
Self - Pain free since going gluten-free 9/05 (suffered from unexplained joint pain entire life), asthma improving, allergies improving, mysterious rash disappeared (probably DH)
Husband - Type 1 diabetic, Negative bloodwork
Son - Elevated IgA, Very high IgG, 2 negative biopsies - HLA DQ2 and DQ8 positive, Amazing dietary response since 1/06
Daughter - Congenital Heart Defect (2 surgeries), Reflux, choking issues, eczema, egg allergy - HLA DQ2 positive, Good dietary response (via me because of nursing) since 9/05
"All things happen for good for those who love God..." Romans 8:28

#5 num1habsfan

num1habsfan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 01:37 PM

Not pointless at all. I've never seen the show. Do one of the characters have celiac or something?

Not that they have ever mentioned, nope! I know one of the characters apparently had problems with food and sensative stomach but .. nope nothing sure about having Celiac!

~lisa~

...26 years old...

#6 flagbabyds

flagbabyds

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 01:58 PM

The one about gluten free is Mrs. Kim telling them that she made muffins that are gluten-free, but then later she says that the muffins are made from sprouted wheat, so it doesn't really work. I think that that was just a mess up. I don;t know what season it is in though, and no one has eliac, i have seen every episode multiple times. By far m favorite TV show.
Those are the only times I have ehard it mentioned, andI have all the seasons on DVD, and have watched them all countless # of times.
Molly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: