27 replies to this topic

#16 confused

confused

Just cause i cant have gluten doesnt mean im dying

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,398 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 09:59 AM

does anyone drink the powerades and have problems. I had thought they were gluten free until i read this and was just wondering

paula

gluten, casein and soy free
on low carb/low sugar diet

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 JerryK

JerryK

Hey you get to type in here after 500 posts!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 10:03 AM

does anyone drink the powerades and have problems. I had thought they were gluten free until i read this and was just wondering

paula

Propel is great....it should fall out of the clouds instead of rain. Haven't noticed anything with powerade, but I don't drink it terribly often, I don't like it as well as propel.

j
Dental Enamel Defects
Gastro symptoms
Positive Dietary Response
Enterolab Antigliadin IgA positive 12/06
Transglutaminase IgA Positive
Blood TG IgA Negative 2/07
HLA-DQ 3,1 (Subtype 7,5)
Gluten Intolerant...Likely non Celiac

Western Oregon (Or-ee-gun) US

Why Worry?...YOU are a sentient being on a habitable world in a cosmos largely filled with nothing.
You’ve already won the lottery! Enjoy it!

#18 confused

confused

Just cause i cant have gluten doesnt mean im dying

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,398 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 10:10 AM

Propel is great....it should fall out of the clouds instead of rain. Haven't noticed anything with powerade, but I don't drink it terribly often, I don't like it as well as propel.

j

i love propel also, but we got powerade this week cause it was on sale lol. But i read this and kinda got scared. I did email them now tho and waiting for them to respond.

paula

gluten, casein and soy free
on low carb/low sugar diet

#19 little d

little d

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 07:54 AM

Ok not meaning to change drink subjects here but what about the Vitimin WAters by glucier, and Aqufine Flavorsplash water. I have a harder time with the plain water I have to force myself to drink water, so these I like, and I'm not sure if i get a reaction from these drink because I still eat some foods with Gluten in it. I know bad for me

Donna
Fecal Antigliadin IgA 21 (Normal Range <10 Units)
Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 13 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)
Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score <300 Units (Normal Range <300 Units)
Fecal anti-casein (cow's milk) IgA antibody 12 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0501
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0501
Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 1,1 (Subtype 5,5)

You can teach an old dog new tricks!!!

#20 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 02:53 PM

vitamin water is gluten-free.
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

#21 Felidae

Felidae

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 01:42 PM

paula

I drink only the clear Powerade. The one with out any food colouring. I haven't had any problems from it.
Tapioca intolerant
First cousin dx'd with Celiac Disease
Grandmother died of malnutrition b/c everything made her sick... sounds like celiac to me.
Gluten-free since June 2005
Dx with IBS February 2005
Blood tests both negative (or inconclusive?) for celiac (in 2002 and 2004)

#22 creweas

creweas

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 01:47 PM

I found this product called nuun, it is a portable electrolyte drink. It does not contain gluten, its vegan, and it does not contain sugar (confirmed by the company) so it will not upset your stomach and its really great. I am a huge fan. you should check it out at nuun.com :D

#23 PDN

PDN

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 09:58 AM

ok looking for a low cal sports drink, think i may have chronic dehydration as im still C and drink an awfull lot of water, am worried that i may be watering down my nutrition, looking for something packed with nutrients, if there is such a thing, im also lactose intolerant. im in the uk so has to be a company that will deal over seas. anyone have any thoughts? cheers.

We are currently looking into Eload - triathletes, cyclist, runners use this drink to stay hydrated through marathon's and the taste is soft. Helps with recovery and electrolyte balances. Not very expensive either. Great to use during a weight training session also.
Hope to have the official word from the supplier in the next 72 hrs.

All the best,
Pete & Elaine

Pete & Elaine :)

#24 PDN

PDN

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 10:50 AM

ok looking for a low cal sports drink, think i may have chronic dehydration as im still C and drink an awfull lot of water, am worried that i may be watering down my nutrition, looking for something packed with nutrients, if there is such a thing, im also lactose intolerant. im in the uk so has to be a company that will deal over seas. anyone have any thoughts? cheers.

There is a product on the market called Eload, it is completely gluten free, so is there emmend. These are electrolyte balancers and help with rehydration for high intesity sports. Very much recommended.

Pete & Elaine :)

#25 meltu2002

meltu2002

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 08:40 PM

If you still have the chronic dehydration, you may want to see a rheumatologist to ask about Sjogren's Syndrome. I've read that it's present in about 15% of celiacs (MUCH higher than the general population). SS is another autoimmune disorder that attacks the moisture glands and can cause dryness anywhere in the body.

#26 Aimhi

Aimhi

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 09:20 AM

paula

I am wondering about Powerade Ion4, which will be served at the Twin Cities Marathon- so will be made with the powder mix I'm sure. gluten-free?
Amy Schmid

#27 celiac-mommy

celiac-mommy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 11:46 AM

Beware of info in posts, this is super old thread. :)

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

#28 hvmom

hvmom

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:05 PM

new to this forum but if someone is still looking for a sports drink then I suggest trying Gleukos one of the few all natural sports beverages I know of on the market. it is gluten free and available at whole foods, via amazon (I think), etc. It was developed by a runner in Oregon who knew the importance glucose plays in instant hydration. I hope this is helpful. as a mom I appreciate the fact that it does not have high fructose corn syrup, caffeine or stimulants either. my kids love the orange and pomegranate flavors. good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: