This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Obscure Noises, Burning

Lister

ravenwoodglass Mentor
i have to eat every 45 minutes or else i get pains so thats not a problem. As for applesauce what brands? and applesauce/bannanas thats alot of fiber wont that plug me up?? i read that motts natural is gluten-free but i cant find that in any stores around me.

i am thinkign about going on a simple elimanation/rotation diet after i talk to my doctor on wensday, but i dont wanna throw myself onto a very low food diet yet becuse i need all the energy i can get, after tomorrow i work 9 days strait 4:30am-3pm gonna be hell for aweek

Lister all Delmonte fruits and veggies are gluten-free. This includes the ones with jello and they may make applesauce as well. If you can't find Motts look for an applesauce that is just apples and call the company to make sure. Most should be gluten-free if they don't have 'flavorings' added.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lister Rising Star

yeah the stores around here carry senca instead of motts, as for the del monte so that meens there fruit cups are gluten-free sweeet

Lister Rising Star

ok so i ate some grapes and my stomic feels like crap..... :(

loraleena Contributor

Lister. I think you should have a h-pylori test. This is the bacteria that most ulcers are caused by. I also think you should look into candida overgrowth. This is common especially in the gluten intolerant. For starters, do a simple test tomorrow morning before you eat or drink anything. Fill a clear glass with water, then spit in it. If over the next half hour the spit sinks to the bottom or develops long tenacle like things or makes the water cloudy I would suspect candida. You can read about candida overgrowth on web.

Lister Rising Star

already read about it, if ispit into a cup first thing in the morning withen less then 10 seconds it has tenticals and then the water gets clouly about 10 seconds after that, i have also filled out online tests for it and scored 76 points about the YOU HAVE IT mark

but i have had bactera tests and they came back negative so i dont know how to convince my doctor to do any more tests for it

loraleena Contributor

Candida is not going to show up on a bacteria test. Check into Great Smokies labs about stool tests. I would assume you have it based on what you have already done. It can difficult to get accurate candida tests. Look into diet modification for candida and supplements to help. There are many out there. I am currently about to use Threelac. Dealing with some other issues first though.

Lister Rising Star

do i need to run it by my doc first? or just do it?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Steve798 Newbie
anyone get what sounds and feels like poping noises from there stomic? also my stomic seems to burn alot... just wondering been on the diet for 3 months and they dont seem to be leaving

Don't have the poping sounds, but the burning feeling.... You mentioned Stomach. Burning in the stomach is normally acid, could be too much from nerves, etc. I used to get a warm sensation in my lower intestines, but have not had that for some time now.

Steve

loraleena Contributor

Do you have insurance? If so your doctor can order the test. Then you pick it up and do it at home. There is a paper that you fill out and send to your insurance to get reimbursed. If money is a problem, and I can relate, then I would just go with the tests you have done on your own and try some natural ways to eliminate candida. I am going to use Threelac (find it on the web). I really suggest you get online and read all about it and the diet as well. With Threelac you don't have to do a strict diet, but you really need to stop refined sugars!

Sarah8793 Enthusiast

Lister,

Last summer I was having the burning rumbling pain in my stomach you mention and it never bothered me at night either. As soon as I got up and started moving through the day,it started again. Eating large meals gave me relief too. I was sure I had an ulcer! Had an upper GI done, and doc said no sign of ulcer but the lining of my stomach looked really irritated. Went home on proton pump inhibitors feeling discouraged. I had always been lactose intolerant for years and had that under control so didn't think that was the problem. But after food journaling, low and behold, It was milk! Now even a few drops gave me the above mentioned symptoms (which are different than the ones I used to get with lactose intolerance). So I cut out milk and 4 weeks later went of meds. and 2 weeks later all was fine! I think I have read in some of your posts that you suspect milk as a problem. Try cutting it out. Definiately keep a detailed food journal of what you are eating right now. Also, give it a month of no milk before you expect to see the pain go away it that is what is causing it. Hope this helps. Also, the food journal may help you to better understand the appearance of your stools.

Sarah

Lister Rising Star

unfortunatly i have not had milk/ or casein for 3 months already, my doc wants me to start eating products with milk now though, so i dont know anymore- he says everything is caused by the healing process but of course i dont belive him

Sarah8793 Enthusiast

Lister,

Sounds like milk isn't the problem then. Okay, well here is another suggestion. Before I found out it was milk for me last summer I was sure I had an ulcer. Before I had the upper gi done I took a breath test for the helicobacter (probably not spelled right) bacteria. This is the main cause for ulcers in people and cause a lot of problems. Mine of course was negative but you might consider asking your doctor about this. If you have this it can cause ulcers and it can usually be cleared up by taking a round of 2-3 antibioitics together. Hang in there, it seems like forever right now, but this too shall end.

Sarah

Lister,

Last summer I was having the burning rumbling pain in my stomach you mention and it never bothered me at night either. As soon as I got up and started moving through the day,it started again. Eating large meals gave me relief too. I was sure I had an ulcer! Had an upper GI done, and doc said no sign of ulcer but the lining of my stomach looked really irritated. Went home on proton pump inhibitors feeling discouraged. I had always been lactose intolerant for years and had that under control so didn't think that was the problem. But after food journaling, low and behold, It was milk! Now even a few drops gave me the above mentioned symptoms (which are different than the ones I used to get with lactose intolerance). So I cut out milk and 4 weeks later went of meds. and 2 weeks later all was fine! I think I have read in some of your posts that you suspect milk as a problem. Try cutting it out. Definiately keep a detailed food journal of what you are eating right now. Also, give it a month of no milk before you expect to see the pain go away it that is what is causing it. Hope this helps. Also, the food journal may help you to better understand the appearance of your stools.

Sarah

weebee Newbie
The only time I had popping noises coming from my stomach was when I was pregnant.

It could be gas moving around. I would mention it to your dr the next time you see him/her.

Could you tell me if coffeemate or cremora is allowed?

• 2 weeks later...
north-cricketer Newbie

G'day Lister.

I have similar burning sensations too from time to time ranging through my duodenum, small intestines, large intestines and rectum. I cycle between diarrhoea, constipation and normal bowel movements (remission). There are times when I eat wheat containing foods or greasy foods and I feel sick/queasy and get burning sensations. I have been suffering from excess phlegm for six years but the digestive problems and cycles of depression/brain cloudiness did not appear until three years ago.

Nine months ago I was suffering badly from a druggish kind of drowsiness which really wiped me out. I figured excess mucus, sweatiness, drowsiness and queasiness were a result of excess toxins in the body (due to allergies or intolerance) as I had already endured diagnosis with food allergies to artificial colours, flavours and preservatives ten years before.

Thinking I needed to flush out toxins I decided to drink two types of tea: green tea with a high level of antioxidants and peppermint tea for cooling the digestive system. I even eat raw peppermint leaves from my garden when I have a stomach burn-up. If you don't like the taste of green tea go for a flavoured version. I found this has made a huge difference as I no longer get tired and I do have less phlegm.

Perhaps you could try drinking the tea to make your life a bit bearable while trying to find your diagnosis. I did find that after drinking the tea for months that my teeth started to stain a little but this was easily solved with a whitening toothpaste. Tomorrow I go for my endoscopy to find out the state of my stomach and whether or not I have gluten intolerance. I went for a week on a gluten-free diet a couple of months ago and it felt like an invisible weight had been taken off my shoulders - I was happy and thought much more clearly at work.

I hope the tea helps.

covsooze Enthusiast

Hi Lister. I really feel for you as stomach burning is my main symptom, and just about everything irritates it. Don't know about the popping though, although I'm guessing trapped wind like others have siad. I've had ulcers ruled out via endo. My sister has similar symptoms and her endo showed up a hernia, which can cause those symptoms. As well as getting checked out, do try and go on a simple diet. I desperately need to, so maybe we can encourage each other! Fatty stuff is my main culprit, then there's anything acidic or spicey. More exercise is a good idea (I'm telling myself that too!). And small meals regularly. Also, do try to make sure you've removed all sources of gluten, as it may be your sore stomach is your main gluten reaction.

good luck!

• 1 year later...
solvemyprob Newbie

Lister,

YES, I am having popping sounds and feelings from my stomach too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It feels and sounds like a bubble just popped in your stomach. And it sounds like (I'm not exaggerating) fireworks going on in my stomach. And sometimes there's bubbling sounds coming from my stomach. I too have burning sensations in my stomach too.

I feel tired and sleepy and exhausted no matter how many hours of sleep I get.. and my stomach kind of hurts too.

I need help and I feel just like you too! I'm fed up with this problem and this horrible life with this problem.

Especially when the noises are getting louder and more embarrassing!

In additition I have frequent bowel movements everyday (at least 3 times a day) and it feels like I am spending most of my time in the restroom instead of working :(

I NEED HELP AND IF YOU GET ANY INFORMATION OR FIND A SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM PLEASE PLEASE KEEP ME POSTED AND I WILL TRY TO DO THE SAME FOR YOU.

THANK YOU FOR POSTING YOUR PROBLEM... FEELS LIKE I HAVE SOMEBODY FOR SUPPORT!

Archived