This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Recipes Needed

mouse

emcmaster Collaborator

3 squash pasta

1 large spaghetti squash

1 zucchini, washed and chopped

1 yellow squash, washed and chopped

5 chicken breasts

jar of tomato sauce of choice or homemade marinara sauce

can of diced tomatoes

1. Preheat oven to 375.

2. Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Place each cut side down in baking dish and fill halfway with water. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes or until skin is easily pierced with fork.

3. Season chicken breasts (I used garlic powder, red pepper flakes & poultry seasoning). Bake chicken breasts according to package directions.

4. When chicken breasts are cooled, cut into chunks and grind in a food processor (or leave in chunks - personal preference).

5. Remove spaghetti squash from skin by raking a fork lengthwise to scoop the spaghetti-like strands out of the "shell". Put in a large stockpot.

6. Add tomato sauce, can of diced tomatoes, chicken, chopped zucchini and yellow squash to the pot.

7. Toss well & heat on medium. Season with italian spices of choice and simmer until heated through.

8. Pour spaghetti squash mixture into a baking dish (13x9 is what I used) and bake in a 350-degree oven for 30 minutes.

Serve & enjoy!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

Elizabeth--That recipe looks great--I'm going to try it! Thanks :)

mouse Enthusiast

What great ideas. I have just printed the new ones out. I starting getting worse last night and am not too good today to say the least. I hope this is just a dip. When I call the doctor tomorrow I will ask for the chest X-ray RX that he wanted to do. Have started my 2nd round of antibiotics.

My husband took me to the store a little while ago, so that there were things in the house for me to eat and make dinners (for many of these recipes). He pushed the cart and going to the store is one job he hates. But, we were gone only a total of 60 minutes from home and back home again. I knew that if this not a dip, that I would not be able to go tomorrow.

I also need to get to the health food store, but I don't see how I can manage it right now. So, my husband says "I would go for you, but I would not know how to do it". I told him that I would call the store manager and you would just give them the list and they will shop for you. Boy, was he disappointed. :lol: So, maybe tomorrow. If I have to have a chest X-ray then that takes time. He has to drive to hadies to drop off the oxygen tanks. Has to pick up the new RX's and get them filled. He is not going to be a happy camper tomorrow LOL. Keep the recipes coming as they are so helpful right now.

Tonight I am making the ham and scalloped potatoes. We use the gluten-free spam instead of ham as it is much more moist. My hubby's Mom made this and he loves it. Thought I would soften him up for tomorrow.

tarnalberry Community Regular

A good number of my recipes in the recipe section,, the "As Promised, A Few Recipes" thread are corn, soy, and dairy free. (I am Gluten-free Casein-free, minimize soy, and just plain ol' don't cook with corn very often.)

mouse Enthusiast

Thanks Tarnalberry. I will go there after my nap.

emcmaster Collaborator
Elizabeth--That recipe looks great--I'm going to try it! Thanks :)

Thanks! I forgot to list that I add chopped broccoli to the sauce as well. I try to get in as many different veggies daily as possible and the chicken breast is a great protein! Enjoy!

mouse Enthusiast

Patti, we had the best scalloped potatoes we have ever had. My hubby who does not say much about food, said UMM (the highest praise he gives LOL). I did substitute 1 cup chicken broth for one cup of Vances. I have to make some more Vances up so I can have a smoothie tomorrow. Thank you for sharing. Because there is only the two of us for dinner right now, I put them in two seperate 9" casseroles. And we started on the second one (good thing I need to gain weight). So, tomorrow we will have a big salad to go with what is left.

Elizabeth, I have added the chopped broccoli to the recipe I printed out. Thank you for remembering.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

Armetta--So glad that you enjoyed it! The next time I make these, I will use the broth--I thought of that only after I made them. :)

mouse Enthusiast

Last night for dinner we had the rest of the scalloped potatoes. I made up my own salad dressing from a suggestion on this post and I liked it better then the Ranch I have been using for years. I also made up the fruit dish with orange juice and honey. My husband said that if I keep feeding him like this, he is going to have to lose more weight then he thought he had to. Since I am so wired from the Prednisone, I have spent some of my time in the kitchen. I have had fun with the cooking and want to thank you all for the suggestions. I still have to go to Rachel's thread "as promished a few recipes". When I feel better, I am going to go through those recipes.

mouse Enthusiast

Tonight I made the Greek Rice and it is so tasty. Had a salad and a fruit salad for desert. I am really getting into this cooking - he he. Really I am. What I am hoping for now that I have stopped all corn, dairy and soy, is that maybe this was part of my exhaustion. It would be so great to have energy again. I still have not gone into Rachel's thread for recipes, but have it taped to my computer to do that soon. Thanks everyone and have a great evening.

angel-jd1 Community Regular
Last night for dinner we had the rest of the scalloped potatoes. I made up my own salad dressing from a suggestion on this post and I liked it better then the Ranch I have been using for years. I also made up the fruit dish with orange juice and honey. My husband said that if I keep feeding him like this, he is going to have to lose more weight then he thought he had to. Since I am so wired from the Prednisone, I have spent some of my time in the kitchen. I have had fun with the cooking and want to thank you all for the suggestions. I still have to go to Rachel's thread "as promished a few recipes". When I feel better, I am going to go through those recipes.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the fruit salad......eating healthy should get you feeling better quickly :) (I hope).

-Jessica :rolleyes:

ArtGirl Enthusiast

My mouth has been watering reading through this thread. And I'm printing out all these great recipes.

I just remembered a creamy salad dressing I've been making lately.

Mayonaise with lemon juice, thinned with water and sweetened with sugar or stevia. Add dill for a nice variety. Or, (for those who can have dairy) add parmasan cheese for a Ceaser salad dressing. Makes a good veggie dip, too.

penguin Community Regular
Tonight I made the Greek Rice and it is so tasty. Had a salad and a fruit salad for desert.

I'm glad you liked it :wub: It's a family favorite and is great for poor college students B)

Did you have it with apple sauce? The apple sauce is essential, IMO. :)

jerseyangel Proficient

Armetta--That's great that you're enjoying the cooking (and eating!) I wouldn't be surprised at all if your energy level goes up as a result of cutting out corn. When I identified legumes and eliminated them completely, I noticed a definate difference in my fatigue. I was exhausted by 4PM every day (felt like I could go to bed and sleep all night)--now, I don't get that terrible slump anymore!

mouse Enthusiast

Thanks Patti for the words of encouragement about the energy. It would be so great if I had so much more then I have had since the diagnosis. At least enough to get the April 15th taxes done - he he. The dining room table has been literally covered with papers since mid March. I will have to dust the papers before I start :blink::ph34r: .

jerseyangel Proficient
Thanks Patti for the words of encouragement about the energy. It would be so great if I had so much more then I have had since the diagnosis. At least enough to get the April 15th taxes done - he he. The dining room table has been literally covered with papers since mid May. I will have to dust the papers before I start :blink::ph34r: .

Well, I hope you're on to something--I just think that it is exhausting for our systems to have to deal with these foods that we're sensitive to. After a while, it catches up with us :angry:

mouse Enthusiast

I am making the sweet and sour pot roast for dinner. It calls for Worcestershire sauce and I don't know what to substitute for it. Does anyone have any ideas. It calls for 2 to 3 Tbl. and I thought I should not jsut leave it out. Thanks.

queenofhearts Explorer
I am making the sweet and sour pot roast for dinner. It calls for Worcestershire sauce and I don't know what to substitute for it. Does anyone have any ideas. It calls for 2 to 3 Tbl. and I thought I should not jsut leave it out. Thanks.

I thought Worcestershire (Lea & Perrins) was okay in the U.S.-- or are you in Canada?

If you can't have it, I would try maybe mixing up equal parts fish sauce (or a bit less anchovy paste), vinegar, Tabasco, & molasses, with a pinch of cloves & maybe adding a little extra garlic in the dish. I love W. sauce, so I hope I'm not wrong about its gluten-freedom!

Leah

mouse Enthusiast

It's gluten-free, but I am allergic to corn, dairy and soy. I have now become a label reader again so that I have none of my allergens in my diet. It was a brand new bottle to I don't have any fish sauce and will just leave the Lea & Perrins out.

queenofhearts Explorer
It's gluten-free, but I am allergic to corn, dairy and soy. I have now become a label reader again so that I have none of my allergens in my diet. It was a brand new bottle to I don't have any fish sauce and will just leave the Lea & Perrins out.

Oops, that WAS in the topic, wasn't it? Must've been the brain fog!

Unless you really dislike fish sauce, I'd get some-- maybe not in time for tonight, but eventually. It's sort of soyish in effect & if you miss soy sauce it might be good to have on hand. But some do have wheat so be careful!

Good luck with your recipe,

Leah

Archived