3 replies to this topic

#1 stomica

stomica

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 03:12 PM

I was just wondering if bleeding is a common symptom of celiac disease? Sounds as if plain ole diarrhea or constipation are the main symptoms. My daughter has had trace amounts of blood on occasion in her stools on/off for the past year now. She's 2 1/2 years old. We had her tested and the IgA's and the IgG's were positive, but the other two were negative. The doc wants to retest her soon to see if they've changed. Anyway, I'm most concerned about the bleeding of course. I haven't tried the gluten free diet because we're going to get the blood test in the next week or so. After that, I plan on starting gluten free, and maybe even casein free as well. Has anyone had similar experiences?

Sue

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 lyndszai

lyndszai

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 03:17 PM

hi i dont know much about this stuff im still learning but was she tested for chrons ?My cousin has chrons and that happens to her.

#3 angel_jd1

angel_jd1

Gluten Free Goddess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 03:38 PM

Can infants get hemmaroids(spelling sorry)? I know that I had them while going through the diagnosis processes and that caused bleeding in the stools. You might want to have the baby checked for that.

-Jessica :rolleyes:
Jessica
Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!
Kansas

#4 KAthyB

KAthyB

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 05:16 PM

My child has bleeding from a rectal skin tag. The combination of diarhea and constipation associated with celiac disease causes this. The skin tag is what convinced the GI to run the tests for celiac disease. Since your child is not on the diet yet, warm soaks in the tub and using mositened wipes in the bathroom can help.
Kathy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: