No replies to this topic

#1 Franceen

Franceen

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 06:18 AM

Hi all. I queried www.curlys.com about the "Modified Food Starch" listed in the ingredients on their prepared "Port Baby Back Ribs in Sauce." Here is the very nice response I got. I am glad they use Corn and they actually appeared to understand my question. I am surprised that they are governed by USDA and not FDA because the law about the 8 allergens on labeling is an FDA law - (right?)

Dear Ms. George:

Thank you for taking the time and interest to inquire about the ingredients of our Curlys Ribs. We place a special value on questions such as yours. A list of ingredients appears on every package label; ingredients are listed in descending order of amount used. Of course, no ingredient can be used in any amount without prior approval of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA.)

Based on information and assurances that we have obtained from companies who supply the ingredients we use in our products, the Curly Ribs are made with ingredients that do not contain gluten. The modified Food Starch is a corn based product. We do recommend that you base your decision on the ingredient statements and your personal experience. We are governed by USDA not FDA yet we do declare the allergens in products in the ingredient statements.

Thank you again for your interest and the compliment you pay us by using our products. Quality and consumer satisfaction are important to us. We hope that you will continue to enjoy our meats.

Sincerely,

Consumer Affairs

Franceen
Diagnosed DH by Allergist via gluten-free Diet Success
Gluten-free since Dec 2005
Gluten-free works so why keep getting tests?

Neg skin biopsy & Neg bloodwork after gluten-free for 3 months
No Endoscopy - need to eat gluten for good test & won't do it

No other Allergies or major ailments!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: